Sponsored

JL Best dual muf axle back exhaust (neighborhood friendly)?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone for ur advices and recommendations but I fixed the borla axle back EXHAUST (s-type) and I'm not regretting it so far.. The look is nice and the sound is just amazing!! Tbh I expected it to be much louder but it came just perfect.

Screenshot_20200825_195606_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_20200825_195630_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
You win the forum today for that garage setup! Wow!
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I got my S-Type (stainless - not black) installed yesterday. Got it from JDTRacing for a very good price. I had a shop do the install because I'm old and lazy. It definitely sounds way better than stock. It does produce a little drone at 3-4k, but doesn't bother me. Step on it and it roars pretty nice. (but the V6 is not a V8). ;)

Sponsored

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
any thoughts on the AFE Rebel Series Axle-Back Exhaust with Black Tips? they look very nice and are not too loud..

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
@Thx1158 AWE has oneā€¦but Iā€™d never buy it again or recommend itā€¦
Ouch. Care to elaborate further? I was thinking their trail edition for 3.6.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Ouch. Care to elaborate further? I was thinking their trail edition for 3.6.
[/QUOTE

Sureā€¦.took a while for them to make and ship it, communication with them was marginalā€¦.and donā€™t like the ā€œtinnyā€ sound at certain points in the rev range. For meā€¦I wouldnā€™t do it again. The tips need removed for off roading or your gonna rip them off although itā€™s easy to do. As I saidā€¦itā€™s exceptionally well made but expensive. I dont care for the overall sound. Others may like it, but I wanted a deeper soundā€¦.. this doesnā€™t do it for me.

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - 3.6l Auto - Stingrey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

Just playing devils advocate here but I would avoid any dual tip muffler if you want to avoid trail damage when you go off-road, most people seem to go the muffler delete option in this case, it gives you a slight better sound, no drone, and A LOT of clearance. And dont worry itā€™s not too loud since the resonator is further back in the exhaust.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Best dual muf axle back exhaust (neighborhood friendly)? 5B80E34B-6E50-4E39-A107-F7E44D7E7F44

Reactions: ML7

Sponsored

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just playing devils advocate here but I would avoid any dual tip muffler if you want to avoid trail damage when you go off-road, most people seem to go the muffler delete option in this case, it gives you a slight better sound, no drone, and A LOT of clearance. And dont worry itā€™s not too loud since the resonator is further back in the exhaust.
I went with the Flowmaster Outlaw and like the sound, extra clearance and huge weight savings.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Best dual muf axle back exhaust (neighborhood friendly)? Outlaw

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Best dual muf axle back exhaust (neighborhood friendly)? Outlaw
Usually, but I can vouch for the tips on Magnaflow's exhausts. They are thick and strong. I've bashed the hell out of them many, many times and they've not ovaled or allowed any impacts to intrude the inner shape of the tip. I'm really amazed at the abuse they've held up to.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC

I think thatā€™s sound adviceā€¦.just another reason Iā€™ll never do a set up like AWE.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
And the cost!!! These delete kits are all under $150
I had the Dynomax delete, was great for extra clearance, minimal cost, and getting rid of that beer keg stock muffler out back. There is drone though, that rpm range from 1500 to 1800 rpm for sure. I have a 2dr so maybe it's more pronounced. I ended up w/ the Magnaflow and it's a great setup IMO, nice mellow tone when cruising but sounds great opened up w/ no drone whatsoever. We'll see if it's out of the way enough in the upcoming year. I've got full skids going on later this month, I'll see if the back muffler area needs some extra armor too.
Sponsored