JL Audio Complete sound upgrade *LiteBrite* Video

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Is your Amplifier a DSP amp?

p.s.
without using the JL Audio Fix-86, will it sound like crap? or negligible?
My 4 channel is just an Alpine PDR-50 that pushes 85 watt RMS. In regards to the JL Fix 86, it helps alot because it automatically corrects time-delayed factory outputs prior to signal summing and EQ correction equalizes. In other words, it equalizes the signal coming from the factory head unit . Maybe @Sting_NC_USA can expound..
Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see any reason to upgrade the Alpine upgraded system that comes from Jeep. To me you already have the ability to move your sound around as you wish and its plenty loud enough with plenty of separation.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I don't see any reason to upgrade the Alpine upgraded system that comes from Jeep. To me you already have the ability to move your sound around as you wish and its plenty loud enough with plenty of separation.
Sadly, I know there is better.

I'm working on being satisfied.

JLsport2019

I don't think the video used a Fix-86.
They RTA their factory radio on that video.

The JL Audio VX (DSP) amplifier took care of the rest..??

Sponsored

JLsport2019

New KICKER AMPS have DSP now.
"Key" series amplifiers. Fairly priced too.

I saw this 4channel version (50w x4)
It has a microphone to calibrate
"Sound Stage", "sound timing"...etc

20190519_162944.jpg

20190519_162943.jpg

20190519_162928.jpg

JLsport2019

4channel DSP amplifier.

When they calibrate the (DSP) "Sound Staging" & "Sound Timing" with a 4channel amp, do they just calibrate the front 4 speakers?

The sound bar speakers are.e nkt at all DSP calibrated??

I ask bc how can a 4channel amp sound stage 6-8 Speakers?

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
4channel DSP amplifier.

When they calibrate the (DSP) "Sound Staging" & "Sound Timing" with a 4channel amp, do they just calibrate the front 4 speakers?

The sound bar speakers are.e nkt at all DSP calibrated??

I ask bc how can a 4channel amp sound stage 6-8 Speakers?
It appears in video amp is actually only connected to front speakers. 8 don’t think they did anything t9 soundbar.

JLsport2019

It appears in video amp is actually only connected to front speakers. 8 don’t think they did anything t9 soundbar.

This is important bc when the sound is being calibrated, all speakers are suppose to be "sound staged", and "sound timing"..so if the rear speakers are not go
calibrated, it may sound what it's not suppose to.

4channle amp, 4 Speakers calibrated DSP only.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I agree 100%. After having the crappy standard radio in the JK I knew better and ordered the Alpine in my JL. Kevin had no idea about the sound system and I think they just bought what was on the lot. Hell Brittany just found out the leather option includes the dash too. Anyhow I stopped following because they have way too many commercials.

Sponsored

Cmarr22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I am currently running 2 of these subs along with 2 C7 tweeters, and 2 C7 3.5 in mid range drivers and the sound is impeccable. I have 2 VXi amps powering the system. I think I enjoy my drives more now that i have this setup.

JLsport2019

I am currently running 2 of these subs along with 2 C7 tweeters, and 2 C7 3.5 in mid range drivers and the sound is impeccable. I have 2 VXi amps powering the system. I think I enjoy my drives more now that i have this setup.
Ok. You have C7 3.5" in the dash and C7 4" in the knee area?

Did you change out the Sound Bar Speakers too?

What JL Audio VX (DSP) amplifier do you have?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I agree 100%. After having the crappy standard radio in the JK I knew better and ordered the Alpine in my JL. Kevin had no idea about the sound system and I think they just bought what was on the lot. Hell Brittany just found out the leather option includes the dash too. Anyhow I stopped following because they have way too many commercials.
So Kevin and Britney just got some JL Audio goodies installed on their jeep by JL Audio. Looks really nice!!

If she was my wife I'd have invested in some noise cancelling headphones.

Cmarr22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Ok. You have C7 3.5" in the dash and C7 4" in the knee area?

Did you change out the Sound Bar Speakers too?

What JL Audio VX (DSP) amplifier do you have?

No. I have tweeters in a pod assembly above the 3.5 in drivers. I work at JL Audio and my Jeep was used for R&D. I believe the pods that hold the tweeter aren't available for purchase. Before the C7's I did have the C2 setup and sound quality was still a major improvement over stock. Soundbar is still stock just like in the video my setup more refined for achieving a better center stage. Kick panel speakers are still stock as well. I have 2 vxi amps 1000/1 for stealth boxes and a 600/6 for the front speakers.

20190521_195536.jpg
20190521_195452.jpg

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
No. I have tweeters in a pod assembly above the 3.5 in drivers. I work at JL Audio and my Jeep was used for R&D. I believe the pods that hold the tweeter aren't available for purchase. Before the C7's I did have the C2 setup and sound quality was still a major improvement over stock. Soundbar is still stock just like in the video my setup more refined for achieving a better center stage. Kick panel speakers are still stock as well. I have 2 vxi amps 1000/1 for stealth boxes and a 600/6 for the front speakers.

20190521_195536.jpg
20190521_195452.jpg
could you post a video test please :)
Sponsored