JL Audio 10TW3 in Factory Alpine enclosure

Tank2112

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392, Custom Jeep LJ
What kind of results did you end up with changing factory sub with aftermarket sub?
Are you using Pac Audio AMPRO AP4-CH41 (R.2)?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I ended up going with the Quart sub. I had already added the third amp when I did the stage 6 install and tried a few subs before I rewired the stock sub. There is another thread about replacing the AmpPro that comes with the stage 6 with a Rockford DSR-1 which adds a DSP. It has the Punch EQ that is controllable by the phone app or the PLC2 controller knob. The Quart sub definitely sounds better than the rewired factory sub and with the DSR-1 the bass is even better and that’s my $0.02.

Tank2112

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw a less expensive/quicker way to add a sub amplifier by summing the 4 factory sub speaker wires with device like Audio Control's lc2i-pro.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I saw a less expensive/quicker way to add a sub amplifier by summing the 4 factory sub speaker wires with device like Audio Control's lc2i-pro.
Don’t use that if you have a Sky One Touch. It messes up the factory bass muting when the top is fully open/closed. At least it did with me. Maybe it was how I wired it up to my sub wires? If you don’t have the SkyOneTouch, then that is definitely a sweet device! It sends 9.4v to the amp which is really nice. I had to remove my LC2i, but definitely keeping it for a future vehicle.

TexazGuy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler High Tide
Vehicle Showcase
Ive wanted to do a aftermarket subwoofer install like this but my JL didnt come with a factory alpine subwoofer so Ive been trying to find somebody that isnt using/not wanting to use the alpine subwoofer to do a swap for my flat panel for their subwoofer (minus the subwoofer/empty) panel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive wanted to do a aftermarket subwoofer install like this but my JL didnt come with a factory alpine subwoofer so Ive been trying to find somebody that isnt using/not wanting to use the alpine subwoofer to do a swap for my flat panel for their subwoofer (minus the subwoofer/empty) panel.
Keep an eye on eBay. They show up there occasionally.

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t use that if you have a Sky One Touch. It messes up the factory bass muting when the top is fully open/closed. At least it did with me. Maybe it was how I wired it up to my sub wires? If you don’t have the SkyOneTouch, then that is definitely a sweet device! It sends 9.4v to the amp which is really nice. I had to remove my LC2i, but definitely keeping it for a future vehicle.
That was recently discussed in this section within the last month.

Tank2112

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do have SOT, only work around I've found is to to close roof slightly forward from the full open position and full bass volume is restored, even though top is still almost fully open.
Seems system only reduces bass at full open position.
However I wish I could find a way to disable that feature completely.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I do have SOT, only work around I've found is to to close roof slightly forward from the full open position and full bass volume is restored, even though top is still almost fully open.
Seems system only reduces bass at full open position.
However I wish I could find a way to disable that feature completely.
The problem with the LC2i is that it mutes the bass when the top is in any position other than fully open, so when you close it just an inch to restore the bass the LC2I will mute the bass. You will only receive full bass with the SOT in the fully open position. I wired the LC2i to my Alpine sub wires, so maybe if you wired to the Soundbar speakers you won’t have this issue (I never tested this),

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this something that is in the programming of the amplifier when it gets the signal from the SOT? You could bypass the amp with a DSR-1 from Rockford Fosgate.

Sponsored

Tank2112

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would suspect the bass reduction is in factory amplifier. Probably included from factory so customers don't over boost bass eq, in an attempt to restore bass output with top open, and destroy factory sub.
I would think if you pick up signal at back of 8.4 head unit you will retain full bass with top fully open. Like using PAC CH41. Or the DSR-1, with Maestro module for vehicle, which offer dsp tuning.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
So I FINALLY wired up and tested the TW3-2 which I immediately hooked up to a 600 Watt 2 ohm amp (decided not to even try the 300 watt amp) and with the gain all the way down, the phone EQ off, the bass knob turned all the way down, and my Heigh10 EQ in a V shape and volume pretty dang low it was definitely wanting to bump (much like a sports car rolling through a school zone).

I unfortunately couldn’t turn it up much since my wife wouldn’t like it, but I think it might be golden. We’ll see how long the sub can handle that kind of power.

And again…thanks for saving me from building a mounting bracket…

B8BC6AD6-D419-42B5-8A42-A8AE35E7F7A5.jpeg

F1ACD2E5-1DAE-48E5-8599-C6B2AF57ED74.jpeg
How has this mounting location been working for you? Did you put any foam or seal between the Sub and the factory bezel?
Sponsored