Sponsored

JL at dealer - installing tow package and aux switch - help needed

billlumberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Jeep
As title says, I am having my dealer install the tow package and aux switched in my DS JL Sport S. Parts came in today and now tech is saying that the Sport S can not be retrofitted for Aux switches. Head tech is calling Chrysler tomorrow to determine if it can be installed.

Any help from anyone that had the switches installed after purchase should be great.

TIA,

Bill
Sponsored

shadowhunter22

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
@billlumberg, the tech is absolutely wrong, I got them installed on my Sport S a couple months ago. I was concerned it wouldn't work with the UConnect 3, but it works just fine.

OP
OP

billlumberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Jeep
@shadowhunter22 thanks for the quick response. Can you post your invoice (removing any personal info) in case they tell me tomorrow that it can’t be done?

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Many people have done the aux themselves, me included, and it works fine with any uconnect Good called on having the dealer doing the tow package as the wiring is a PIA and if I were to get it done I would go through dealer or shop.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Lol the tech probably just wanna backpedal his way out of a regrettable 8 hour labor that he initially undertook thinking it was a simple “bolt on” job.

Last edited:

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Lol the tech probably just wanna backpedal his way out of a regrettable 8 hour labor that he initially undertook thinking it was a “bolt on” job.
THIS!!
Sponsored