JL Anti-theft tire cover???

Breezy

First Name
Brie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
I just got a new JL and want to get a spare tire cover. Why can't I find an anti-theft cover, Mopar or otherwise, to fit the back-up camera? Am I missing something?
Considering literally every slip-on tire cover I've ever owned before this has eventually been stolen, I don't really want to bother with anything that isn't anti-theft :/
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I am afraid I can’t help you on this one as I was unaware that there even was such an animal. I think that tire covers on Jeeps look silly (personal taste) so I never even considered looking for a cover, let alone an anti-theft one.

you have had those awful looking jeep tire covers stolen in the past? I surprised thieves have such little taste!!!!!

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I agree tire covers of any type just don’t go with the Jeep. Why not just use the keyed lug nuts?

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
they're definitely not cheap, but from some of the reviews posted on here, the top of the line boomerang tire covers offer a hard cover, fit the backup camera and are lockable...can also be painted to match your jeep:

Boomco tire covers

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
My tire got stolen and I still wouldn’t pay $500 for a tire cover. Lol.

OP
OP
Breezy

Breezy

First Name
Brie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
I am afraid I can’t help you on this one as I was unaware that there even was such an animal. I think that tire covers on Jeeps look silly (personal taste) so I never even considered looking for a cover, let alone an anti-theft one.

you have had those awful looking jeep tire covers stolen in the past? I surprised thieves have such little taste!!!!!
LOL! I have seriously have had at least 3 stolen b/c its so easy to just take it. So I got one of these:
Jeep Mopar Deluxe Anti-Theft Tire Cover With Black Logo 82209960 https://g.co/kgs/4FEoKC
But they have yet to make them for the JL.

I guess some slip-ons have grommets so you can run a locking cable around the back, I guess that's better than nothing.
Sponsored