JL and Infant Car Seat Question!

gahammerle

First Name
Gordy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
We watch our grandbaby and the wife loves to take her out shopping. We bought an extra base for her car seat so we don't have to hassle with that part. We have no issue getting the car seat in and out.
Sponsored

4Play1

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys Two Door Sarge Green
Hey all! Wife and I are expecting our first and I am wondering if anyone can chime in on how the Sahara JL is with a baby. Does a car seat fit okay and is it comfortable to put baby in and out?
My concern is that the rear doors are narrow and will make it hard to get the car seat in and out.
Any dads or moms or folks with infants have any input on this? Otherwise, might have to look at trading in for a Cherokee or something.

Thanks so much
Two door JL here and no issues with grand kids on the right side but I do not have them every day.

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
Hey all! Wife and I are expecting our first and I am wondering if anyone can chime in on how the Sahara JL is with a baby. Does a car seat fit okay and is it comfortable to put baby in and out?
My concern is that the rear doors are narrow and will make it hard to get the car seat in and out.
Any dads or moms or folks with infants have any input on this? Otherwise, might have to look at trading in for a Cherokee or something.

Thanks so much
Alright bro, I had this exact worry when I ordered my 2023 JL. That's right, a 2-Door Willys Sport Wrangler, not even a 4-Door like you are considering. I have 2, now forward facing car seats in the back. They fit just fine and the kids are comfortable and love this dang thing. With you only having one infant, rear-facing, quick-connect carseat, you aren't going to have any issues at all in a 4-Door. Put those worries to rest because you, momma, and the kids will be just fine and pretty comfortable to boot. After all, I'm a 5'3" dude putting kids in the back of my 2-Door Wrangler and it works just fine. I'll take some pictures when I get off work.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Congrats! Our second is on the way in February. Our 14mo old is still in the rear facing infant/baby seat and it fits fine and is pretty easy to load her into, or just put the seat out of the base, put her in, and then load it back onto the base. It's a lot easier than my wife's old VW 3dr or my extended cab F150.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WRANBO

WRANBO

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Kids love Jeeps. She fell asleep like this lol

Jeep Wrangler JL JL and Infant Car Seat Question! 8EBCB59D-48C9-4B5C-AE16-8E84336ECABC

Had that same seat rear facing (itā€™s a convertible seat) and it worked just fine in the Jeep. Britax something or other.
Adorable! Happy to hear the Jeep works with both seat setups- thatā€™s a huge relief!

OP
OP
WRANBO

WRANBO

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Congrats! Our second is on the way in February. Our 14mo old is still in the rear facing infant/baby seat and it fits fine and is pretty easy to load her into, or just put the seat out of the base, put her in, and then load it back onto the base. It's a lot easier than my wife's old VW 3dr or my extended cab F150.
Thatā€™s awesome to know!! Thank you so much. I got the car seat and installed it and definitely can see how the Jeep is literally at a perfect height for most people. Thanks for the well wishes!

OP
OP
WRANBO

WRANBO

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Alright bro, I had this exact worry when I ordered my 2023 JL. That's right, a 2-Door Willys Sport Wrangler, not even a 4-Door like you are considering. I have 2, now forward facing car seats in the back. They fit just fine and the kids are comfortable and love this dang thing. With you only having one infant, rear-facing, quick-connect carseat, you aren't going to have any issues at all in a 4-Door. Put those worries to rest because you, momma, and the kids will be just fine and pretty comfortable to boot. After all, I'm a 5'3" dude putting kids in the back of my 2-Door Wrangler and it works just fine. I'll take some pictures when I get off work.
Thanks buddy!! Really appreciate this input from you. Iā€™m looking forward to keeping the Wrangler, always felt like home!

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Congrats! Until recently I had a front facing and a rear facing car seat in my Jeep. No issues at all. Now both kids seats are front facing. Get some good covers for the back of your seats, they will be kicked haha. The ones I have hold the kids toys so that is a bonus.

OP
OP
WRANBO

WRANBO

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Congrats! Until recently I had a front facing and a rear facing car seat in my Jeep. No issues at all. Now both kids seats are front facing. Get some good covers for the back of your seats, they will be kicked haha. The ones I have hold the kids toys so that is a bonus.
Thanks!! Duly noted! Just ordered the covers lol!

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Having 2 grandsons (2 years and 2 months) rear facing absolutely sucks in the JLUR. I think my daughter bought the biggest seats on the market or something. Literally both of the front seats have to go fully forward, which is sweet because I am 6'1". Lol

Be smart about seat choice is the moral of that story.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

All this good advice in here and no one has mentioned the most important thingā€¦buy one of these things. Yes, totally unrelated to car seats and I myself hate unsolicited parenting advice but I tell every new parent I can about this thing. Donā€™t even bother with that stupid rubber ball suction cup garbage. This thing is the shop vac of nasal aspirators. Yes, itā€™ll gross you out. No, the snot doesnā€™t go into your mouth. You wonā€™t care anyway when your baby is sick, as they all get, and has horrible amounts of mucus in their sinus cavity and is screaming bloody murder while you are already sleep deprived and on your last dregs of sanity. Then you whip this sucker out and Hoover away, instant relief for the kiddo and you will thank me.

Congrats! šŸ˜‚

https://www.target.com/p/fridababy-...8WmrJIybm-E1_mNUMj8aAu2IEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Ya our 15mo old has been kicking the hell out of the seat. I'm the only one who takes her shoes off in the car, but that's a different conversation...

All this good advice in here and no one has mentioned the most important thingā€¦buy one of these things. Yes, totally unrelated to car seats and I myself hate unsolicited parenting advice but I tell every new parent I can about this thing. Donā€™t even bother with that stupid rubber ball suction cup garbage. This thing is the shop vac of nasal aspirators. Yes, itā€™ll gross you out. No, the snot doesnā€™t go into your mouth. You wonā€™t care anyway when your baby is sick, as they all get, and has horrible amounts of mucus in their sinus cavity and is screaming bloody murder while you are already sleep deprived and on your last dregs of sanity. Then you whip this sucker out and Hoover away, instant relief for the kiddo and you will thank me.

Congrats! šŸ˜‚

https://www.target.com/p/fridababy-nosefrida-nasal-aspirator/-/A-11355332?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000012735142&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping_Local|Baby_Ecomm_Baby&adgroup=Infant+Basics+and+Furniture&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=m&location=9031059&targetid=pla-1731815647115&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1242884&gbraid=0AAAAAD-5dfbe8CiJ4OiULPTE9nIvTSdUF&gbraid=0AAAAAD-5dfbe8CiJ4OiULPTE9nIvTSdUF&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-oqdBhDfARIsAO0TrGHwLVhplUWVN_G02NFBfJhYGH0hbXtjdv5K8WmrJIybm-E1_mNUMj8aAu2IEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
YES 100% our daughter hates this thing, but damn does it work well when she's congested. She just got over RSV and this thing was a life saver.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Ya our 15mo old has been kicking the hell out of the seat. I'm the only one who takes her shoes off in the car, but that's a different conversation...

YES 100% our daughter hates this thing, but damn does it work well when she's congested. She just got over RSV and this thing was a life saver.
I take my kids shoes off too, when I remember, haha. They love to go on trail rides with me now. So the shoes stay on for those because they're running around when we stop.

OP
OP
WRANBO

WRANBO

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler

Congrats! šŸ˜‚

https://www.target.com/p/fridababy-nosefrida-nasal-aspirator/-/A-11355332?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000012735142&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping_Local|Baby_Ecomm_Baby&adgroup=Infant+Basics+and+Furniture&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=m&location=9031059&targetid=pla-1731815647115&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1242884&gbraid=0AAAAAD-5dfbe8CiJ4OiULPTE9nIvTSdUF&gbraid=0AAAAAD-5dfbe8CiJ4OiULPTE9nIvTSdUF&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-oqdBhDfARIsAO0TrGHwLVhplUWVN_G02NFBfJhYGH0hbXtjdv5K8WmrJIybm-E1_mNUMj8aAu2IEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
LOL!
Thank you for the heads up!!

I love the Jeep community, getting advice on the vehicle and parenting tips :P

Appreciate the well wishes!
Sponsored