Sponsored

T-Rock_Sahara

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
@JcrOffroad i am so close to buying these for my JLU- do you have options or recommendations for mirrors yet?
How about a mole panel on the inside?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I understand they look cool but it would remind me when I was in my RZR with half doors on the sand dunes.I've spent $699 with the mirrors kit for my rugged ridge tube doors. I like the way they look and I still have the freedom of no doors feeling but I have something that protects my dog I'd rather spend $700 for these doors again then it just feels like I'm riding around with windows down. I don't know too much of a real factory door with the window down door feel I think

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Aluminum Half Doors - Now Available! Screenshot_20200216-202047_Gallery

T-Rock_Sahara

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
I understand they look cool but it would remind me when I was in my RZR with half doors on the sand dunes.I've spent $699 with the mirrors kit for my rugged ridge tube doors. I like the way they look and I still have the freedom of no doors feeling but I have something that protects my dog I'd rather spend $700 for these doors again then it just feels like I'm riding around with windows down. I don't know too much of a real factory door with the window down door feel I think

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Aluminum Half Doors - Now Available! Screenshot_20200216-202047_Gallery
I understand that feeling & have considered those same RR doors. Your rig looks great.
Our concern is for our dogs & 7yo granddaughter Loosing things thru the opening. Otherwise I would just go no doors. For me that extra “security” of enclosed lower is the reason I’m looking at half doors.
the covers they have for the RR tube doors may be enough but raises the cost so close to these that I think I’d rather have the half door. It does open up the feel significantly.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I understand that feeling & have considered those same RR doors. Your rig looks great.
Our concern is for our dogs & 7yo granddaughter Loosing things thru the opening. Otherwise I would just go no doors. For me that extra “security” of enclosed lower is the reason I’m looking at half doors.
the covers they have for the RR tube doors may be enough but raises the cost so close to these that I think I’d rather have the half door. It does open up the feel significantly.
But rowing the window down on all four doors and the top off compared to those half doors it isn't that much of a difference for that kind of money I don't think all you've done is lower the door a little bit you still got a door solid you know what I mean can you justify spending that kind of money to just have a lower door

Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
But rowing the window down on all four doors and the top off compared to those half doors it isn't that much of a difference for that kind of money I don't think all you've done is lower the door a little bit you still got a door solid you know what I mean can you justify spending that kind of money to just have a lower door
The half doors add a ton of extra open-air feeling on the street over rolling the window down while adding more security than a tube door or no door. Offroad they are designed to keep your legs safe from sneaky rocks and trees, as well as being more durable than a full door. As trail doors they are designed to take the brunt of scrapes and dents; then you can run your squeaky clean, expensive full doors when you get back on the street.

Tube doors are totally cool too, as is just running doorless. Everything has its place and pros/cons.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
@JcrOffroad i am so close to buying these for my JLU- do you have options or recommendations for mirrors yet?
How about a mole panel on the inside?
Nothing official on either of those. You can either drill a surface mount mirror of your choice into the door, or the Rugged Ridge Trail mirrors are neat. They come in square and round.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Aluminum Half Doors - Now Available! 1601486499504

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The half doors add a ton of extra open-air feeling on the street over rolling the window down while adding more security than a tube door or no door. Offroad they are designed to keep your legs safe from sneaky rocks and trees, as well as being more durable than a full door. As trail doors they are designed to take the brunt of scrapes and dents; then you can run your squeaky clean, expensive full doors when you get back on the street.

Tube doors are totally cool too, as is just running doorless. Everything has its place and pros/cons.
depending on where you riding though makes a difference also. when we had my RZR 4 seater and we had doors like those and when we hit tree limbs we would get smacked in the face and head by big tree limbs when we were in the trails with tree limbs. they would hit us hard as driving on those kind of trails. I would put my full doors on for that and probably get some of the magnet vinyl that you can put on your doors to stop those Texas tumbleweeds as we call them in Texas from ripping the paint on your doors

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Honestly waiting for the market to make an A pillar mirror that allows some flexibility like the JK has. Here is another option from Lange ( Coyote Mirrors )

1601486614462.png
For those curious about these, I use them with my JCR half doors. Solid in the wind etc but the mirror is convex so be prepared for that.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Honestly waiting for the market to make an A pillar mirror that allows some flexibility like the JK has. Here is another option from Lange ( Coyote Mirrors )

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Aluminum Half Doors - Now Available! 1601486614462
That's decent. Nice option.

I like the Aries mirrors below. I think they'd work well, but I'm not crazy about drilling holes in your doors, @JcrOffroad .

Also curious if you have limiter straps on your doors to prevent them from swinging all the way open.

Thx.

heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
could you cut out the large portion of the center of the doors and have a removable center panel for foul weather? I know it would not be fully weather proof but enough to keep me from getting drenched.
Sponsored