JL Aluminum Half Doors - Now Available!

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU & 1947 Willys CJ2A, now eagerly awaiting my 2020 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Bestop half door twill uppers just ordered, hope they fit, I'll post as soon as I get them working.
WOW, that looks great. This is pretty much what I want to do when/if my 2020 m/t ever gets built.

May I ask, how much was it to have the front pair painted? My not-yet-built JL is a 2 door.

I'm really looking forward to hearing how modding them to fit with the uppers goes; that's pretty much what will clinch it for me.

JCR, if you're reading this, do please take note: if I didn't have to modify these myself to work with the uppers and mirrors, I would order them as soon as I have confirmation that my Jeep is being built. You can hold me to that, too.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
WOW, that looks great. This is pretty much what I want to do when/if my 2020 m/t ever gets built.

May I ask, how much was it to have the front pair painted? My not-yet-built JL is a 2 door.

I'm really looking forward to hearing how modding them to fit with the uppers goes; that's pretty much what will clinch it for me.

JCR, if you're reading this, do please take note: if I didn't have to modify these myself to work with the uppers and mirrors, I would order them as soon as I have confirmation that my Jeep is being built. You can hold me to that, too.
MAACO painted two doors and 4 hinges for $450 with about a 5 day turnaround. This weekend I added Aries mirrors to them. Now waiting on Northridge to send the uppers.

12130A6B-FF7F-45F4-947E-7F50E64EA50F.jpeg

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I'm 95% sure I'll be ordering a set in the spring to run topless. Lots of half door hate in this thread...weird. this is the best option available. If Mopar ever mad half doors, which they won't, they're price em around $2k a door, I'm sure.

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU & 1947 Willys CJ2A, now eagerly awaiting my 2020 JL
Occupation
Plumber
MAACO painted two doors and 4 hinges for $450 with about a 5 day turnaround. This weekend I added Aries mirrors to them. Now waiting on Northridge to send the uppers.
Hey, did you happen to get the uppers yet? Super curious to see how well this works out for you!!

Sponsored

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Hey, did you happen to get the uppers yet? Super curious to see how well this works out for you!!
I got the twill front uppers from Bestop and Iā€™m working on modifying them to fit. The sill of the front doors are about 1ā€ too high, so I cut the frame of the soft doors by an inch and a half and now Iā€™m looking for someone to spot weld the frame back together.

iā€™ll get the internal frame modded this week. The rest of the project looks straight forward and I think it will work. Iā€™ll start a new thread under exterior mods when I get the frames finished.

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
First off, absolutely love half doors. I had Strike Force Zebra (stupid name) half doors on my 2 door JK and they were amazing. I was sad they didn't fit onto the JL. These are the best option available to us JL/JLU owners. Color matched is awesome. Last doors were black plastic. They were fine on my dark green, but will get these new doors color matched for sure.

I do have a few questions for people that are running them. Driving down the road at highway speeds, are they pretty solid? They seem to have no inside gusseting to help the door not twist. Just a few bends front the back.

If @JcrOffroad is still around on the forum, could you add storage pockets to these. Added storage is always nice and secondly would help with rigidity in the door.

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The Hemi powered wrangler is sporting half doors. They must be coming into production soon. Finally.

031131EC-DBF6-4CD5-954B-87F04EB17B25.jpeg

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
The Hemi powered wrangler is sporting half doors. They must be coming into production soon. Finally.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Aluminum Half Doors - Now Available! 031131EC-DBF6-4CD5-954B-87F04EB17B25
That would be nice.

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I don't get it or the cost. Its the same as rolling my windows down.
The height of the half doors is quite a bit lower (about 4ā€) then having the full doors with the window down. It also easiest to store the half windows in the back and leave the half doors on, compared to removing the full doors. When half doors do come out, it should be possible to remove them and store them in the back of the jeep with the half windows, something you canā€™t do on a full door due to their height.

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
If you have never had half doors, it's hard to explain. As said above you move the window sill down 3-4 inches. You also remove the whole upper door frame, probably 3" in the front, 2 on the top and 3" on the back, that doesn't sound like much but it's quite a bit of real estate.

Saving my pennies for some halfs for sure.
Sponsored