OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
I'm definitely up for exploring any options, that much I know! But I haven't given any thought to half doors that don't have additional ventilation in the door area. They obviously do provide more safety, however. How much lower is the top side of the half door, in comparison, to the full door with window down? Is the difference more than I'm thinking it is?
4" lower than a rolled down window, and they gain 3" over the full door on the top and back and ~2" in front.
Sponsored

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Thank you!

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
We've always had a local body shop color match our trail doors with good luck
stupid question maybe, but do you assemble the doors first, then have them painted or do you paint the pieces and then stress over scratching the paint during assembly? Also, for those of us who don't work with body shops, but also don't want to get totally ripped off...what is a reasonable range to have a body shop color match a set of 4 doors?

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
We paint the pieces all disassembled then stress over scratching them :CWL:

No idea on real-world cost, we have a friend at a body shop and trade favors.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
stupid question maybe, but do you assemble the doors first, then have them painted or do you paint the pieces and then stress over scratching the paint during assembly? Also, for those of us who don't work with body shops, but also don't want to get totally ripped off...what is a reasonable range to have a body shop color match a set of 4 doors?
I was worried about getting ripped off as well. I took my 2 rear doors and hinges to MAACO and they charged me $200 / door. I had them painted Ocean Blue unassembled. Real happy with how they came out. I've since painted the silver hinge bolts blue with touch up paint.

Door8.jpg
Door1.jpg

Sponsored

LVJeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bikini Pearl
Occupation
CNC Laser Programmer, CAD Designer
@JcrOffroad

What grade of aluminum are these made from and what thickness? Sorry if it's been stated I can find the info.

Thank you.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
American sourced and made correct?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
American sourced and made correct?
Designed and manufactured in America; we switch between US and Canadian steel and aluminum depending on availability. Never imported. Imported steel and aluminum quality is sketchy at best, dangerous at worst :no:

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
Even if the handles locked, the slam latches would not from the inside. So all they would have to do it pull the knob on the inside latch and it would open.
Sponsored