Sponsored

Jl aftermarket tax is getting ridiculous!!!!!!

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
The prices on aftermarket JL parts are infuriatingly high. They are Atleast 3 times what they should be and easily twice the jk counter parts
Starting with the steel bull bar that goes for about 200. 200 FOR WHATTTT?? It’s metal tubing for fu&@s sake. A whole new front bumper can be had for just about that price

Then the aftermarket tire relocation bracket for a sweet 200 from one of the vendors here ( Smittybilt is coming out with 79 dollar one)

The half doors just release don the forum go for a cool 995 with a so called discounted price.

Similar side steps that are going for less than 200 on the jK are priced at 400+

Vendor forum pricing is outrageously high and is an insult to us all.
Sponsored

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's mostly that there isn't much competition for a lot of items right now, so vendors can opt for high pricing. There's also the "newness" of some of these parts. Is it ridiculous? Maybe, but it's also the free market. Once competition comes out, prices will drop. Someone will undercut someone, then that vendor is forced to make a move. It'll level out.

OP
OP

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
A forum vendor just came out with their own LED headlights for a cool 600 dollar price point. Same ones that you could get on Jk for less than 100

OP
OP

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
I understand the free market point. The question for me is would you rather sell qty 10 on 1000 price point or qty 100 at 700 price point

Sponsored

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
They might be seeing what they can get, and will adjust. No company is going to make a product and continue to make it and not sell it. So either they are testing the water, or people are buying it and covering their costs. I know what you're getting at, it just takes time. More options will come and you'll start seeing JK prices soon enough.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
Your (we're) witnessing the product lifecycle effect. Prices are typically highest at the front end and back end of a product lifecycle. As others have observed, the lack of competition and innovation inflates pricing. Once the market begins to saturate with products and more choice, prices will fall, this simple takes a little time. The good news is with the success of the JL Wrangler, there will be a ton of product offerings over the next year or two, so your patience will be rewarded.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Really? When flat screen TVs came out they were a mint also, now they are essentially free.... prices will come down over the next few years, early adopters pay a premium with pretty much everything.... by this time next year things will be Looking up, very few companies have viable products for the JL yet.

DivingPyrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Musle Cars Shopping for a Jeep
Patience pays
My buying plan includes some cash coming in in fourth quarter so I have to wait on my JL, sort of glad about that, because I really want one right now.
But by the time I buy, the 2019s will be out, and maybe even some low miles 18s
And I am using this time to know what to check before I buy
check welds
check steering on the interstate
etc

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Strange--HD Differential covers for $99/ea and they are very HD-

W.E.

JIMBO

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
I haven't seen any major inflation on JL parts. The small selection that is currently available is all priced very much in line with the similar JK parts. Half doors have and always will be very expensive. $995 is cheap compared to what a set of Mopar half doors cost.

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
i want LED lights but as long as my factory ones work i am not buying any new ones. My pet peeve is that JEEP did not automatically include a gas tank cover and its a 125 dollar after market item. Why not just build it with the gas tank cover and build the cost in. Thats what i hate the most as a first time wrangler owner.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
i want LED lights but as long as my factory ones work i am not buying any new ones. My pet peeve is that JEEP did not automatically include a gas tank cover and its a 125 dollar after market item. Why not just build it with the gas tank cover and build the cost in. Thats what i hate the most as a first time wrangler owner.
They did, if you buy a Sahara or Rubicon. Jeep has never included a fuel door on base model wranglers. What's the difference in financing it into the original price and buying it aftermarket anyway? By the way, your price is a bit ridiculous, you can get them for less than 100 on ebay.
Sponsored