Sponsored

JL accessories to avoid at ALL costs (post your warnings here)

Adrenalista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Don't get the Mopar headliners if you plan on buying a Top Lift Pro. Pressure from sitting on the lift pulls the velcro loose. At least it did on mine so I took the main top section off.
I thought they were supposed to be safe to use with headliners? Did it dent the headliner, pull it loose from the Velcro, or strip the Velcro off completely?
Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
I thought they were supposed to be safe to use with headliners? Did it dent the headliner, pull it loose from the Velcro, or strip the Velcro off completely?
Made a dent that will probably lead to a hole with enough use. Also pulled it loose from the Velcro in front near the speakers so I took it out. The Velcro strips holding it on are very thin. I thought it would be more substantial.

silver

First Name
Jeannie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver JLUR
I've never quite understood the way the tailgate reinforcement is supposed to work. It seems to strengthen where it is attached to the tail gate, but not at all where the tail gate bolts to the body....seems that all the weight is STILL on the body bolts. The whole reason I did a bumper mount tire carrier on my JK. Just doesn't actually appear to do anything.
I know what you mean. I got 35 inch tires and the tailgate weighs a ton and I have to slam it shut. I got a outback tailgate table, but I don't know if it can take the weight. I'm afraid to put it on.

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I know what you mean. I got 35 inch tires and the tailgate weighs a ton and I have to slam it shut. I got a outback tailgate table, but I don't know if it can take the weight. I'm afraid to put it on.
I saw a reinforcement for the tailgate that includes a beefed up hinge too, looks like it may be the one to get if going that route. I THINK it may be made by Rugged Ridge....I cant remember. Just seems that all the similar products just add weight and bulkiness to the tailgate and not the hinge where it attaches to the body.

Sponsored

Salty Soul

First Name
Marnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU
Occupation
Printer
First up..... Quadratech Door Entry Guards for the JL & JLU. Yup they cause a visible gap between door sill and closure. So they will definitely allow water to get in when driving in the rain. Water means mildew. Who wants mildew in their less than 1yr old vehicle. They are also difficult to remove without removing your paint wit them, so just don't buy them. OVOID AT ALL COSTS.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...AjCfvMX53epuLjjeCb-WJtK6M-5freUMaAtT6EALw_wcB
Remove with fishing line with back and forth motion. Use alcohol to remove the sticky.

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The factory headliner was falling on the model the dealer was showing me on the lot too
They are attached with 3m tape and velcro, so what might appear to be falling off is the velcro

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I just got my 19 JL, had dealer install Mopar 2" Lift, so far no issues. However I did get 35" tires out on to 20" rims.
they used Mopar 82215356AB Tailgate Reinforcement Kit for 18-19 Jeep Wrangler JL, this appears not to do a great job for the larger tire, though they state it is designed for up top 37" tire. After less an 1 week of driving, the tailgate rattles like crazy. anyone else have same issue?
Any good tested solutions?
I have attached a pic, you can see that the rear gate is no longer aligned.

Rear gate.jpg
It’s certainly not aligned right based on the body lines. Loosen the 4 outside hinge bolts pull up 1/8 inch and tighten. I use wood shims or cardboard to brace it up without a helper.

jaynik

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Noone is gonna say GPCA Cargo Cover? Maybe I'm too dumb to make it work with the soft top still installed.

It's a great product if you never want to put down your soft top without the d brackets rubbing the soft top frame.

IMG_20190824_110646.jpg

Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Noone is gonna say GPCA Cargo Cover? Maybe I'm too dumb to make it work with the soft top still installed.

It's a great product if you never want to put down your soft top without the d brackets rubbing the soft top frame.

IMG_20190824_110646.jpg
Do you have more pics? I’m using one without any issues that I’m aware of and even though it won’t lay flat, it’s perfect for covering up the soft top windows underneath!

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Meh. I've had mine for almost a year now and it works fine. Maybe not as nice as the hot heads, but no issues for me.
My liner came with my MOAB and works great and has not come loose at all

jaynik

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Do you have more pics? I’m using one without any issues that I’m aware of and even though it won’t lay flat, it’s perfect for covering up the soft top windows underneath!
Maybe I'm just not giving it a chance. I don't have more pics because I've been stopped by the d brackets. The guys at GPCA recommended I use the swivel bracket originally intended for the front but I didn't give that a try because it seems like too much of a departure from the design. I'd love for it to keep my windows covered or to keep stuff concealed if I go from place to place with stuff in the Jeep.

Bill G

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Sport JL
if the dealership tags your vin, you won't get any warranty work done anywhere.
my dealer does not discriminate against any mods. they are jeepers too and will warranty any part for what it is.

myself, i will go with a rubicon express lift kit. best out there for our JL, when it comes to price and product quality.

I just added it to the cart to see what it would cost, the RE JL7100 2.5" is $550, then add the Fox shocks, puts the total to $1126. Pretty sure this is the route I'm going to go with my build.

Bill

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Maybe I'm just not giving it a chance. I don't have more pics because I've been stopped by the d brackets. The guys at GPCA recommended I use the swivel bracket originally intended for the front but I didn't give that a try because it seems like too much of a departure from the design. I'd love for it to keep my windows covered or to keep stuff concealed if I go from place to place with stuff in the Jeep.
Do you have a 2 or 4 door? Mine is a 4 and I’ll post pics this weekend.
Sponsored