Sponsored

JL accessories to avoid at ALL costs (post your warnings here)

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've never quite understood the way the tailgate reinforcement is supposed to work. It seems to strengthen where it is attached to the tail gate, but not at all where the tail gate bolts to the body....seems that all the weight is STILL on the body bolts. The whole reason I did a bumper mount tire carrier on my JK. Just doesn't actually appear to do anything.
Sponsored

Sgt Krypto

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 SWorks Tarmac, '19 JLR 6mt V6 Silver, '19 GW3/F350 Silver, '01 996 Turbo Silver, '14 991 Turbo-S White (my daily beater), '19 991 Turbo-S Black
Occupation
Village Idiot, Abu Ghraib Prison Electrician
Close all doors, open roof, thread garden hose into Jeep through roof, fill Jeep with water.

If it holds water and does not leak, you're fine.

;)
Rob to Jeff: How to test your Jeep doors for leaks:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...t-your-warnings-here.35609/page-2#post-808349

Jeff to Rob: haha - I wonder how many folks will actually try that..

Rob to Jeff: I only got my Jeep filled up about 1/3rd and it was leaking thru the tube doors so much I had to abort…

Roubaix19

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 Wrangler Sahara 4-dr.
They redesigned them awhile back and now don't have this issue. I have the updated ones on the jeep and done the garden hose test and no issues front and rear.
Same here, installed recently, no leaks. Quality product & match the factory running boards on my Sahara. Heavy flex plastic. Very happy with them & Quadratec.

Roubaix19

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 Wrangler Sahara 4-dr.
Oh, good, idea, thanks. I'll give this a try. I just bought mine so maybe they're ok.
They are more than fine. They look great & match the running boards on the Sahara. Installed mine recently & I am very happy with them. FYI they are way better than the MOPAR version & half the price.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I like to inform everyone that the Mopar headliners you get for $400 are a complete joke compared to the actual Hotheads version. I didn't realize how crappy they were until one of my panels glue melted off from the heat of a road trip so I got to see what their actual thickness (not). They're SO thin compared to HH. I'd love to know how much they actually cost to make. It's pretty much recycled cardboard covered in a thin carpet liner. Maybe it's plastic.. it's thin.
I randomly sat in a JL at the dealer to see what the headroom was like, and when I reached up to measure with my hand, I poked the headliner, which was peeling off. On a brand new jeep at the dealer. :LOL::like:

Honestly if the really easily visible stuff like that is screwed up, I hate to ponder what atrocities are going on inside the engine and behind the scenes.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They are more than fine. They look great & match the running boards on the Sahara. Installed mine recently & I am very happy with them. FYI they are way better than the MOPAR version & half the price.
Scroll back to page 1 and look at the giant light gap coming into my cabin.

Sponsored

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
Try to avoid bumpers, carriers, lifts, etc made overseas. The steel is inferior, welds and cuts could be better from your local high school ag shop. Plus the powder coating will be less than desirable. I have either removed, re-painted or powder coated all the DV8 items I purchased. Spend a little more and get quality US made items.

flipboltz

First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I

I was not aware of that sub. Thank you
Wow! What a rabbit hole I have gone down looking at these #Heeps. Thank you so much for this. Holy crap, Everyday I am astounded at the dumbfuckery of people.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
You're a seXIst _hole
Yeah, either that, or he’s a normal man making an innocent, harmless joke, and you’re looking for opportunities to be offended.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Great the first thing I bought was these but Rugged Ridge. My 07's paint was worn off after 12 years.
Did they work? Did they leak?
I got the rugged ridge ones and on my passenger door I can see a little spot of light coming through. Have not been in the right light or the correct angle yet to see if the drivers side is the same way. I think I'm just going to trim a little bit off both of them to be safe.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
You're a seXIst _hole
Welcome to the JL forum. Yes, there are quite a few sexist, arrogant, irreverent, vulgar assholes on here (myself included). But for the most part we are also kind, knowledgeable, patient (mostly), and willing to go out of our way to help folks. Don't take anyone too seriously, search before you ask, and by all means have fun. We're all about the Jeep lifestyle, be it mild or wild.
I'm actually surprised that the thread went on as long as it did before somebody called out @fat_head, but it was still funny. :giggle:
Sponsored