Sponsored

JL accessories to avoid at ALL costs (post your warnings here)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Odd? How many people have had numerous issues with the kit? The springs bow and rub, the lower control arms don't properly adjust the caster, they do nothing at all to correct the axle alignment with track bars or brackets. It is incredibly overpriced compared to the competition. I stand by my statement.
For every person with issues I know 4 or 5 that have zero issues. I suspect that ratio is even higher as you typically only hear "bad news" in these sorts of forums as well.

Many other lifts do nothing with track bars and leave it up to the buyer to figure out more parts are needed. Part of the ugly game in the industry to offer "low price" versus "complete package to make it work properly"

A complete lift kit with shocks, springs, track bars, control arms, sway bar links and bits, and whatever else is required are available but they are approaching $3000 or more.

You always get what you pay for applies here as well. Buy cheap and add on; or buy complete and be done.
Sponsored

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
First up..... Quadratech Door Entry Guards for the JL & JLU. Yup they cause a visible gap between door sill and closure. So they will definitely allow water to get in when driving in the rain. Water means mildew. Who wants mildew in their less than 1yr old vehicle. They are also difficult to remove without removing your paint wit them, so just don't buy them. OVOID AT ALL COSTS.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...AjCfvMX53epuLjjeCb-WJtK6M-5freUMaAtT6EALw_wcB
Great the first thing I bought was these but Rugged Ridge. My 07's paint was worn off after 12 years.

Unoman

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
I just got my 19 JL, had dealer install Mopar 2" Lift, so far no issues. However I did get 35" tires out on to 20" rims.
they used Mopar 82215356AB Tailgate Reinforcement Kit for 18-19 Jeep Wrangler JL, this appears not to do a great job for the larger tire, though they state it is designed for up top 37" tire. After less an 1 week of driving, the tailgate rattles like crazy. anyone else have same issue?
Any good tested solutions?
I have attached a pic, you can see that the rear gate is no longer aligned.

Rear gate.jpg

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The blackhorse offroad brushguard. Purely cosmetic and winds up damaging the grille more than protecting it. The bottom of the guard came down on top of a rock in Uwharrie and the upper support bracket pivoted back into the grille, gouging out the paint in two spots. Gave me an excuse to plastidip the grille...

It may go back on if I can figure out how to keep it from damaging the grille again. I do like the look of it.

IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1769.JPG
IMG_1776.JPG

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Avoid the Rugged Ridge Tube Doors at ALL costs. I was able to get these at a decent price. After a back order of about a month the rear doors arrived. The weld quality was garbage. There were at least 30 issues with these, but I will stick to the big ones.

1.) Weld quality. The upper driver front hinge mount was welded 15 -20 degrees off center. This resulted in not being able to get the door properly adjusted. See next.

2.) All latch assemblies are mounted to a box. The latch mounting to the box offered ZERO adjust-ability. These would close fine but you couldn’t adjust to stop the front doors from rattling.

3.) The mirror mounts are very flimsy. I tried 3 different mirror. All vibrated. ! was known to not vibrate on my JKU tube doors.

4.) Tremendous amounts of weld spatter. They just powder coated over it.

5.) The rubber door stops of the rear doors were higher than the body of the Jeep and no amount of adjustment could get them close.

6.) The driver rear door would not close no matter what I did. It was hitting the striker where it curved. I could figure it out. Finally I took out a tape measure. The driver rear door was ¾” NARROWER than the other side. There was nothing that I could do to get it to work.

There are so many more issues.

Rugged Ridge has a ticket support system. After weeks and weeks of BS excuses and me begging them to simply send out a replacement set they offered to pay for my return and credit the seller.

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Avoid the Rugged Ridge Tube Doors at ALL costs. I was able to get these at a decent price. After a back order of about a month the rear doors arrived. The weld quality was garbage. There were at least 30 issues with these, but I will stick to the big ones.

1.) Weld quality. The upper driver front hinge mount was welded 15 -20 degrees off center. This resulted in not being able to get the door properly adjusted. See next.

2.) All latch assemblies are mounted to a box. The latch mounting to the box offered ZERO adjust-ability. These would close fine but you couldn’t adjust to stop the front doors from rattling.

3.) The mirror mounts are very flimsy. I tried 3 different mirror. All vibrated. ! was known to not vibrate on my JKU tube doors.

5.) The rubber door stops of the rear doors were higher than the body of the Jeep and no amount of adjustment could get them close.

6.) The driver rear door would not close no matter what I did. It was hitting the striker where it curved. I could figure it out. Finally I took out a tape measure. The driver rear door was ¾” NARROWER than the other side. There was nothing that I could do to get it to work.

Rugged Ridge has a ticket support system. After weeks and weeks of BS excuses and me begging them to simply send out a replacement set they offered to pay for my return and credit the seller.
I second this. I had many of the same issues. Mainly there was not enough adjustments to make them not rattle. I have read many that had them work great. I think it is just luck of the draw.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Warn D-Ring Mount
They are made for the Rubicon bumper, but work with either the steel or plastic bumper. But they do require cutting the bumper, and the skid pan too if you have that. The outer 2 of 5 front bolt holes for the skid pan need to be cut out. There's a thread on this where its been successfully done. Alternative is the Maximus 3 tow loops, which also require cutting, but doesn't need the bolt holes cut out....and the instructions are really good.
Here's the thread that was referenced: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...m-steel-bumper-installation-and-review.25268/

FWIW: The Maximus-3 tow loops do require cutting through some of the inner structure, which I suspect could change it's effectiveness during a crash. It's probably doesn't matter anyway though, as the winch plate & tow loops are so much stronger than the factory equipment.

G Man

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
I just got my 19 JL, had dealer install Mopar 2" Lift, so far no issues. However I did get 35" tires out on to 20" rims.
they used Mopar 82215356AB Tailgate Reinforcement Kit for 18-19 Jeep Wrangler JL, this appears not to do a great job for the larger tire, though they state it is designed for up top 37" tire. After less an 1 week of driving, the tailgate rattles like crazy. anyone else have same issue?

Rear gate.jpg
Did you use a relocation bracket to raise your spare? I don't think a 37" tire will fit without it and a 35" tire you might have to shoehorn it on.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Can you post a link to those so that we can all see them.

Got my sights set on these. I hope they don't have any issues like you described.. https://www.quadratec.com/p/body-armor/gen-iii-front-trail-doors-jeep-wrangler-jl

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like to inform everyone that the Mopar headliners you get for $400 are a complete joke compared to the actual Hotheads version. I didn't realize how crappy they were until one of my panels glue melted off from the heat of a road trip so I got to see what their actual thickness (not). They're SO thin compared to HH. I'd love to know how much they actually cost to make. It's pretty much recycled cardboard covered in a thin carpet liner. Maybe it's plastic.. it's thin.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I like to inform everyone that the Mopar headliners you get for $400 are a complete joke compared to the actual Hotheads version. I didn't realize how crappy they were until one of my panels glue melted off from the heat of a road trip so I got to see what their actual thickness (not). They're SO thin compared to HH. I'd love to know how much they actually cost to make. It's pretty much recycled cardboard covered in a thin carpet liner. Maybe it's plastic.. it's thin.
Can you post a link to the good ones?

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
(Ok serious answer. I wondered the same thing... I assume you blast the bottom of the doors with a garden hose and see if the interior sill gets wet.)
went to the car wash, sprayed the bottom of all doors with high pressure......no water leakage.

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC Yukon XL, 2006 BMW M3

Rear gate.jpg
Might try this. On the highway, offroad, anywhere, been rock solid.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...aver-support-spare-tire-relocation-kit.31903/
Sponsored