Sponsored

JL accessories to avoid at ALL costs (post your warnings here)

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
First up..... Quadratech Door Entry Guards for the JL & JLU. Yup they cause a visible gap between door sill and closure. So they will definitely allow water to get in when driving in the rain. Water means mildew. Who wants mildew in their less than 1yr old vehicle. They are also difficult to remove without removing your paint wit them, so just don't buy them. OVOID AT ALL COSTS.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...AjCfvMX53epuLjjeCb-WJtK6M-5freUMaAtT6EALw_wcB
Got them in April, thought I must have installed it wrong.
Will it mess the paint if I take them off?
Sponsored

jaynik

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Do you have a 2 or 4 door? Mine is a 4 and I’ll post pics this weekend.
@Kraty1 I've got a 4 door. My concern has been that if the soft top interacts with the d bracket, over time it will cause a tear or some other damage.

Outlaw

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1992 YJ Wrangler, 1995 F350 Powerstroke, 1994 Ford Bronco
Is it possible those that come installed at the factory are different than those you order as an accessory?
Quite possible... I ordered mine with the original Jeep order, factory option and I'm more than happy with it.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I know this gonna sound strange but I hope no one else gets the Rhino Armory Wheels, unless you do not plan on running a spare. I have gone threw three different brake light setups to get around the issue that there is no opening for the light to run through. For instance I got the Spartacus setup and it comes with a brake light where the mounting bolts don't fit into the wheels with enough room to get any attachment to tighten them, and then it comes free with that circle brake light that lights up behind the wheel, which I tried thinking that even behind the wheels should show some light, it did not. Then the last try was getting another tire carrier Teraflex Alpha with the quick detachable release this release barely sits on the end of the new camera housing because the wheels are so deep! So if you plan on running a third brake light with any tire carrier that replaces the brake lights original place behind and above the wheel you are kinda up a creek.

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

JLJIM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon 4 door (on order) Sold 2013 Sahara
I have factory-installed Mopar headliners and have no complaints. Don't know first-hand how they compare to others like Hotheads, mine seem to keep noise down, help with regulating temperature and look fine so I'm OK with them.
Wait till the Velcro no longer sticks to the felt!
Then just try and get it fixed. Don't waste your time with Jeep Cares cause they don't!
Just got off the phone with Jeep Cares AGAIN. The rep is HORRIBLE! This time she did not know my name and thought it was funny. I told her the last call was terrible and I wanted a new rep. She went on and on finally saying OK that will delay your part HAHA! At which point I lost it I dropped the F-bomb 3 times and just like magic she is no longer my rep!. Now when I call back they are telling me I am getting the same village idiot! Here's an idea how about you build a $55,000 Wrangler right the first time and not be a total DICK about it when we want it fixed! SMHThi

JLJIM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does yours attached with velcro or adhesive? Some people said their factory option mopar headliners attached with velcro.
Mine is attached with Velcro and is having issues GOOD LUCK!

JLJIM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know this gonna sound strange but I hope no one else gets the Rhino Armory Wheels, unless you do not plan on running a spare. I have gone threw three different brake light setups to get around the issue that there is no opening for the light to run through. For instance I got the Spartacus setup and it comes with a brake light where the mounting bolts don't fit into the wheels with enough room to get any attachment to tighten them, and then it comes free with that circle brake light that lights up behind the wheel, which I tried thinking that even behind the wheels should show some light, it did not. Then the last try was getting another tire carrier Teraflex Alpha with the quick detachable release this release barely sits on the end of the new camera housing because the wheels are so deep! So if you plan on running a third brake light with any tire carrier that replaces the brake lights original place behind and above the wheel you are kinda up a creek.

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg
The tire HAS to come in contact with the rubber circles. You need to move it in!

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Wait till the Velcro no longer sticks to the felt!
Then just try and get it fixed. Don't waste your time with Jeep Cares cause they don't!
Just got off the phone with Jeep Cares AGAIN. The rep is HORRIBLE! This time she did not know my name and thought it was funny. I told her the last call was terrible and I wanted a new rep. She went on and on finally saying OK that will delay your part HAHA! At which point I lost it I dropped the F-bomb 3 times and just like magic she is no longer my rep!. Now when I call back they are telling me I am getting the same village idiot! Here's an idea how about you build a $55,000 Wrangler right the first time and not be a total DICK about it when we want it fixed! SMHThi
You should hear the horror stories from Australia. Shockingly bad service. I mean, telling a customer they had to pay 47k for a new fuel system bad. They only changed their tune after a huge amount of bad press. Though, it was actually illegal according to AUS consumer laws. That was a GC though and not a wrangler.
The thing is, the reliability reputation for Jeep is actually pretty terrible outside of the US. Especially on the GC.
It is possible to have an unreliable brand and still do well, but that typically means it must be supplemented with good service.
In the US the service was generally pretty poor in terms of post sales support. I am trying to recall of a car I have had that was worse in terms of that aspect... Nope.
Though, the guys at San Clemente Jeep were good guys even though I did not buy my Jeep from them.
Here in Germany, the service is pretty fast and professional. Though, the Jeep was damn expensive.

Back to the OP's point. I got one of those magnet phone holders for the vents... Yeah.. that did not work out.
I have not actually spent any money "upgrading" my Jeep in the 5k km I have had it.

Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The tire HAS to come in contact with the rubber circles. You need to move it in!
I think you need to keep reading, are you trying to refer to the issue with the brake light being connected to the width of the wheel from the bump stop, or are you passionate about the bump stop trying to stop the spare from moving?

MY2020JLUR

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ S & 2020 JLU R
Mine is attached with Velcro and is having issues GOOD LUCK!
I ordered my Rubi on 8/23 arrived 9/6. I didn’t like headliner that came with it so I ordered the hothead headliner with strips and for the floor and they arrived last Friday. But didn’t have time to pull the mopar crap off and install the new after market one with sound deadening strips and will do the same with the floor whenever I have time to do so.

JLJIM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you need to keep reading, are you trying to refer to the issue with the brake light being connected to the width of the wheel from the bump stop, or are you passionate about the bump stop trying to stop the spare from moving?
The tire has to contact the bump stops no matter what. I have the same set up and I have enough room for my list no issues. The bumpstops are there to keep the tire from destroying the hinges. It won't take long with it shaking around to do it either!

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The tire has to contact the bump stops no matter what. I have the same set up and I have enough room for my list no issues. The bumpstops are there to keep the tire from destroying the hinges. It won't take long with it shaking around to do it either!
Agree - the extended bumpstops are cheap and easy to make!

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase