Sponsored

JL accessories to avoid at ALL costs (post your warnings here)

Taz Devil

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Turbo 4
DO NOT Buy the Rough Country Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier if you plan to tow ANYTHING at all. The built in Hitch is for nothing more than LOOKS. It has NO reinforcement and does NOT mount to the rear crossmember like the stock hitch. First time I hitched up my boat, the bumper bent down cause it is NOT designed right. Got my Money back and am waiting on my Iron Cross bumper now...
Sponsored

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
First up..... Quadratech Door Entry Guards for the JL & JLU. Yup they cause a visible gap between door sill and closure. So they will definitely allow water to get in when driving in the rain. Water means mildew. Who wants mildew in their less than 1yr old vehicle. They are also difficult to remove without removing your paint wit them, so just don't buy them. OVOID AT ALL COSTS.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...AjCfvMX53epuLjjeCb-WJtK6M-5freUMaAtT6EALw_wcB
The Mopar ones work well as they dont go over the body seam.

Last edited:

Taz Devil

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Turbo 4
DO NOT Buy the Rough Country Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier if you plan to tow ANYTHING at all. The built in Hitch is for nothing more than LOOKS. It has NO reinforcement and does NOT mount to the rear crossmember like the stock hitch. First time I hitched up my boat, the bumper bent down cause it is NOT designed right. Got my Money back and am waiting on my Iron Cross bumper now...
In Rough Country's defense, I have NO problem with their front bumper, their 9500# winch with synthetic rope, their dual stabilizer, their adj. front lower control arms, their adj. front trackbar, OR their 2.5 inch spring spacer lift kit....

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
I randomly sat in a JL at the dealer to see what the headroom was like, and when I reached up to measure with my hand, I poked the headliner, which was peeling off. On a brand new jeep at the dealer. :LOL::like:

Honestly if the really easily visible stuff like that is screwed up, I hate to ponder what atrocities are going on inside the engine and behind the scenes.
Yeah because one isolated problem on one Jeep is clearly indicative of the quality of every one made. Have you pondered why you are in a JL forum as well?

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t be mad sweetheart I was making a joke.
Dammit, here I am trying to make nice and you’re antagonizing the new chick, oops... girl - well shit I just assumed gender, person that identifies as ..... oh hell, I quit.
Sorry @San Juanderer, we can be unruly at times.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I just got mine less than a month ago and have the issue! Can see light coming in by gasket. A joke.
I set mine in place only saw light in the rear so I new they would leak . I called Quadratec they e mail a shipping tag so I could send them back they had no problem doing it and credited me back 100%. I then had clear film protection done front and rear it looks great and no leaks

Outlaw

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1992 YJ Wrangler, 1995 F350 Powerstroke, 1994 Ford Bronco
I like to inform everyone that the Mopar headliners you get for $400 are a complete joke compared to the actual Hotheads version. I didn't realize how crappy they were until one of my panels glue melted off from the heat of a road trip so I got to see what their actual thickness (not). They're SO thin compared to HH. I'd love to know how much they actually cost to make. It's pretty much recycled cardboard covered in a thin carpet liner. Maybe it's plastic.. it's thin.
Boy, you must have received a different version. I have the factory head liner and mine is great! Nice and thick with quality materials and it's attached with Velcro so it can be removed or cleaned. You might want to question the dealership about yours.
-Nate

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I set mine in place only saw light in the rear so I new they would leak . I called Quadratec they e mail a shipping tag so I could send them back they had no problem doing it and credited me back 100%. I then had clear film protection done front and rear it looks great and no leaks
Clear film protection.... What color? Textured? Can you post a pic?

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Boy, you must have received a different version. I have the factory head liner and mine is great! Nice and thick with quality materials and it's attached with Velcro so it can be removed or cleaned. You might want to question the dealership about yours.
-Nate
Is it possible those that come installed at the factory are different than those you order as an accessory?

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible those that come installed at the factory are different than those you order as an accessory?
Not sure, I'm curious now. My jeep was a custom order in April 2018. I've seen other videos of people removing their stock headliner and replacing with Hotheads and they had the same as me.. That'd be upsetting if I got some crappy version just because..

This is what I've got, if you think this is thick/quality compare that to the actual hotheads (2nd link) ; https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-2019-...209638&hash=item4428f78573:g:q2kAAOSwfp1bq4s7

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Cl
Clear 3M vinyl wrap. Smooth. Works great. I'm a dumbass, and didn't get mine on straight and I knew and it drove me nuts so I removed it:giggle:... Next time, I'll use the wet method:like:

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
It's clear it won't show up
It's clear so it won't show up in a pic other wise I would. When I had the rocker sills wrapped I had it extended down to cover the rocker also so if it gets kicked it won't damage the paint there . Then I had the hood done about 18 inches up but trimmed along the edge of the Rubicon decal then the grill, frt fenders and the rear fenders redone so they were covered all the way to the edge for better protection . The other thing I did at 30 miles on the clock I pitched the ko2's and went to the km3's now I don't have all the stones being picked up anymore do to the size of the grooves being much larger best thing I ever did and really not much louder then the ko2's . Doing the wrap may not be for everyone but I am very meticulous of my toys matter a fact I had my Yamaha 660 Raptor done a few yrs ago and still looks brand new !

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
Rugged Ridge LED interior lights! Cheapest interior fuse housing ever! The lights would not work because it kept coming undone because the tiny plastic ridge wouldn’t keep it together over bumps/even normal driving. I’ve never soldered before but after a year I got so tired of the lights not working (pulling out hidden wires to fix it (temporarily) each time) that I ended up buying the stuff, and teaching myself how, to cut and solder a new fuse housing wire in. For the money it cost, knowing this is for a Jeep especially, it is completely inexcusable they would include such a cheap part.

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Spartacus bumper winch plate is sitting in a box....The installation calls for a frame brace section to be 'cut out' to fit winch plate. This was a non starter. There is no way I'm cutting out a brace for the frame rails. Found another brand (Rusty's) and it worked fine.
Sponsored