Sponsored

JL accessories to avoid at ALL costs (post your warnings here)

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The tire has to contact the bump stops no matter what. I have the same set up and I have enough room for my list no issues. The bumpstops are there to keep the tire from destroying the hinges. It won't take long with it shaking around to do it either!
What tire carrier do you have? Are you trying to address the brake light issue or chasing after a bumpstop issue? This is getting pretty comical, like young kids, oh my YOU MUST TOUCH YOUR BUMPstop, disreguards entire post about brake light issue. :headbang:

Agree - the extended bumpstops are cheap and easy to make!

I third this. Made mine in about 10 minutes with parts from Lowes.
The tire carrier is adjustable no need to make any custom bump stops you can adjust the carrier to touch the factory bumpstop.
Sponsored

LVJeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bikini Pearl
Occupation
CNC Laser Programmer, CAD Designer
I ordered some "Magnum" side steps and they were absolute garbage. Very thin wall metal, horrible welds, and they did not have the proper crown to match the side of the body. Quadratec accepted them back no issues. I have a set of ACE to install just haven't gotten around to it yet after my knee surgery.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
What tire carrier do you have? Are you trying to address the brake light issue or chasing after a bumpstop issue? This is getting pretty comical, like young kids, oh my YOU MUST TOUCH YOUR BUMPstop, disreguards entire post about brake light issue. :headbang:

The tire carrier is adjustable no need to make any custom bump stops you can adjust the carrier to touch the factory bumpstop.
I put on the Rough Country spare tire relocation and reused the factory part, and I needed to extend the bumpstops a little. But that was for the RC.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

I’m not going to read the whole thread or even a couple pages, I just wanted to support the comment about bumpstops, saying that it’s cheap and easy to make, for added support on the spare. That’s all.

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I put on the Rough Country spare tire relocation and reused the factory part, and I needed to extend the bumpstops a little. But that was for the RC.
I’m not going to read the whole thread or even a couple pages, I just wanted to support the comment about bumpstops, saying that it’s cheap and easy to make, for added support on the spare. That’s all.
You guys are all golden the first message was to Jlim and second was telling you guys that I can adjust the carrier to close the bumpstop gap, Jlim was saying he has the same setup and I was asking him which setup he has? My setup is a combination of the Spartacus rugged ridge and the Teraflex Alpha, so I was wondering if he had the same combo, which I dought he does. With that setup my wheel does not move a centimeter and my hinges are perfectly fine even with hard off-roading. I was just curious if he was using the stock setup and comparing it to mine, when they are completely different. The bumpstop at this point is only in place to fill the hole, regardless of the position of the wheel. I was also trying to figure out if he thinks this will affect the brake light issue or is just one some silly bump stop crusade when with this setup it makes zero difference.

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are all golden the first message was to Jlim and second was telling you guys that I can adjust the carrier to close the bumpstop gap, Jlim was saying he has the same setup and I was asking him which setup he has? My setup is a combination of the Spartacus rugged ridge and the Teraflex Alpha, so I was wondering if he had the same combo, which I dought he does. With that setup my wheel does not move a centimeter and my hinges are perfectly fine even with hard off-roading. I was just curious if he was using the stock setup and comparing it to mine, when they are completely different. The bumpstop at this point is only in place to fill the hole, regardless of the position of the wheel. I was also trying to figure out if he thinks this will affect the brake light issue or is just one some silly bump stop crusade when with this setup it makes zero difference.
I know I'm golden, but thanks for the compliment! :)

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I ordered some "Magnum" side steps and they were absolute garbage. Very thin wall metal, horrible welds, and they did not have the proper crown to match the side of the body. Quadratec accepted them back no issues. I have a set of ACE to install just haven't gotten around to it yet after my knee surgery.
How are your welds on the Ace sliders? Mine are pretty questionable. Not strength wise but looks wise.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-articles-eg/making-the-most-of-your-auto-warranty.html

This particular article is about NC but it applies to all states. There are federal laws in place that hold the automakers to their legally binding warranty contracts. Now that doesn't mean that they won't try to do crooked things and use your ignorance of the laws against you. It's best to try to handle it at the lowest level possible. But everyone should be informed of the actual laws that protect them. They cannot legally void your entire warranty just because you installed a lift from another company. They can void the warranty on your axles or frame mounts if they can justify that the lift caused damage to those components for example. But in that situation, you can still fight it, and would still have warranty for the engine, etc..
i’m in North Carolina and I’ve had it oil catcher and a Z auto bypass so that I can program my jeep. So my plan was to remove them if I go into the dealer for warranty or other service which is not likely. I feel need to do this to not void the warranty. Do you get the same feeling from this comment.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I have the whole Rugged Ridge set up and it came with plugs to fill the holes after you remove the old tire grommet. With the Rugged Ridge the tire rest completely on the carrier. I run it hard off road and it doesn't budge.

LVJeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bikini Pearl
Occupation
CNC Laser Programmer, CAD Designer
How are your welds on the Ace sliders? Mine are pretty questionable. Not strength wise but looks wise.
I have not even had a chance to open the boxes yet. I am planning on doing them this week.

Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the whole Rugged Ridge set up and it came with plugs to fill the holes after you remove the old tire grommet. With the Rugged Ridge the tire rest completely on the carrier. I run it hard off road and it doesn't budge.
Thanks was kinda just trying to explain that to them, it is so solid I can hang off the spare!! it is crazy! Love it!! I like it even more paired with the Alpha, I left the bumpstop on compared to filling the hole.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Do you or @Chipe have some instructions on how the make the extended bump stops?

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Do you or @Chipe have some instructions on how the make the extended bump stops?
It's super easy and cheap. I did this before I bought my HD tailgate hinge. You take a piece of PVC measure the length you need cut it and put barstool leg caps on the end. I bought everything at Lowe's for $10. I look in my tool box and see if I still have them and post a picture of them.

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The blackhorse offroad brushguard. Purely cosmetic and winds up damaging the grille more than protecting it. The bottom of the guard came down on top of a rock in Uwharrie and the upper support bracket pivoted back into the grille, gouging out the paint in two spots. Gave me an excuse to plastidip the grille...

It may go back on if I can figure out how to keep it from damaging the grille again. I do like the look of it.

IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1769.JPG
IMG_1776.JPG
When I ran 4Runners we called these types of “grill guards” damage enhancers. As you learned, they do exactly that.

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Does an "accessory" to avoid, count the engine? I would avoid the 3.6 at all cost. What a POS.
Sponsored