JL A/C warm at idle

Rntcwi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I recently purchased a JL Rubicon with the 2.0, everything seems fine so far except the A/C. The heat works great at idle and while driving, however it only blows cold when driving, when idling it blows air warmer than outside (it's 50 out) even on max A/C. I spend a lot of time idling at work as it's my office out in the field. Any ideas?
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I recently purchased a JL Rubicon with the 2.0, everything seems fine so far except the A/C. The heat works great at idle and while driving, however it only blows cold when driving, when idling it blows air warmer than outside (it's 50 out) even on max A/C. I spend a lot of time idling at work as it's my office out in the field. Any ideas?
We certainly can understand the concern here, @Rntcwi. If you decide to bring this to the attention of your dealer, please reach out to our team via private message. We'd be happy to add our assistance to your service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Hey take your Jeep in for a flash. I believe the latest software corrects this. Now, even with the latest software however I know the heater stops working...but hoping they resolve that soon. Until then the easiest fix is to disable ess.

JGCBLK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X
was there ever a solution to this?

JGCBLK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X
Was this fixed?

Sponsored

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
We certainly can understand the concern here, @Rntcwi. If you decide to bring this to the attention of your dealer, please reach out to our team via private message. We'd be happy to add our assistance to your service.

Kathryn
JeepCares
I got the 3.6, and Ive noticed the same while idling at long lights

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I got the 3.6, and Ive noticed the same while idling at long lights
Feel free to send us a private message once a dealer appointment has been made.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored