Sponsored

JL 33” tires small lift - Pictures Please!

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Teraflex leveling kit (2.0" front / 1.5" back), Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 295/70R17

Jeep - tube doors 2.jpg

Jeep - tube doors.jpg
how do you like this setup? Are you still running it? Those are 33's? No upgrade shocks, just spacer on stock setup?
Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
2019 JLU MOAB

MOPAR Bead Locks (17x8”) w/Simulated Ring @ +12mm offset; TOYO Open Country AT3 (P285/70R17). No wheel spacers.

AEV 2” Spacer Lift with AEV “Geometry Correction Brackets.”

Factory spare tire carrier.

No issues, but just put together last week. No plans for larger tires.

64433D8F-790B-49D4-93CF-2019B7BE4A44.png
FF8D43A3-E028-4F4A-8464-36A25801D925.png
1A773871-F5F3-40F0-9491-6164AF9F0266.png
loving this setup, is the moab and sport similar in terms of suspension from factory? Have you changed your set up at all? You still running this set up?

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
loving this setup, is the moab and sport similar in terms of suspension from factory? Have you changed your set up at all? You still running this set up?
As I understand, the MOAB has an upgraded suspension setup (not quite the full Rubicon, but “beefier” than the Sport). The MOAB also has as standard Selec-Trac AWD and Limited Slip Differential (and only shipped with an automatic transmission).

As noted, the only change I made to the suspension was to add an AEV 2” spacer lift, which essentially does not replace any critical factory parts, but rather supplements the existing Jeep suspension components. Also added the AEV geometry correction brackets.

From the AEV website:
“The AEV JL 2″ Spacer Lift includes unique front and rear polyurethane coil spacers with integrated isolators and locating tabs, front and rear bump stop extensions, extended length front sway bar end links, corrosion-resistant e-coated and powder coated front and rear shock extension brackets. AEV even goes one step further and takes care of the electronics, this kit includes AEV’s new ProCal SNAP for painless speedometer recalibration and more.”

“The AEV Geometry Correction Brackets were designed to correct the front end control arm geometry on vehicles with 2-4.5” of suspension lift, these brackets improve ride quality by eliminating front axle ‘precession’ caused by uncorrected suspension lift geometry. The corrected motion allows the front tires to move up and rearward (as they did on the stock vehicle) in response to a bump rather than trying to ‘lunge’ over it. Additionally, they dramatically reduce front-end ‘dive’ during hard braking by relocating the ‘virtual instant center’ of the front suspension. They also provide alignment correction for proper tracking by restoring caster angle without the need for cam bolts or different/adjustable arms, plus a slight reduction in maximum front driveshaft angle during suspension travel.”

I am still running that set-up, but for a number of reasons I only have 4,500 miles on my ‘19 MOAB and do not have a lot of seat time with this upgraded suspension. However, I can tell you from running the AEV 2” spacer lift on my ‘16 JKU (still own), I have absolutely no complaints after about 25,000 miles on it and none to date on my MOAB. I also replaced the factory KM2 tires immediately on the MOAB with TOYO Open Country III and so far, so good.

Hope that helps.

Steve

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
As I understand, the MOAB has an upgraded suspension setup (not quite the full Rubicon, but “beefier” than the Sport). The MOAB also has as standard Selec-Trac AWD and Limited Slip Differential (and only shipped with an automatic transmission).

As noted, the only change I made to the suspension was to add an AEV 2” spacer lift, which essentially does not replace any critical factory parts, but rather supplements the existing Jeep suspension components. Also added the AEV geometry correction brackets.

From the AEV website:
“The AEV JL 2″ Spacer Lift includes unique front and rear polyurethane coil spacers with integrated isolators and locating tabs, front and rear bump stop extensions, extended length front sway bar end links, corrosion-resistant e-coated and powder coated front and rear shock extension brackets. AEV even goes one step further and takes care of the electronics, this kit includes AEV’s new ProCal SNAP for painless speedometer recalibration and more.”

“The AEV Geometry Correction Brackets were designed to correct the front end control arm geometry on vehicles with 2-4.5” of suspension lift, these brackets improve ride quality by eliminating front axle ‘precession’ caused by uncorrected suspension lift geometry. The corrected motion allows the front tires to move up and rearward (as they did on the stock vehicle) in response to a bump rather than trying to ‘lunge’ over it. Additionally, they dramatically reduce front-end ‘dive’ during hard braking by relocating the ‘virtual instant center’ of the front suspension. They also provide alignment correction for proper tracking by restoring caster angle without the need for cam bolts or different/adjustable arms, plus a slight reduction in maximum front driveshaft angle during suspension travel.”

I am still running that set-up, but for a number of reasons I only have 4,500 miles on my ‘19 MOAB and do not have a lot of seat time with this upgraded suspension. However, I can tell you from running the AEV 2” spacer lift on my ‘16 JKU (still own), I have absolutely no complaints after about 25,000 miles on it and none to date on my MOAB. I also replaced the factory KM2 tires immediately on the MOAB with TOYO Open Country III and so far, so good.

Hope that helps.

Steve
Appreciate that, also how do you get the color match simulated ring...I think I’m going this route because I realized I won’t be do serious off roaring and want to stay away from 35s so I don’t regear. Appreciate you.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Appreciate that, also how do you get the color match simulated ring...I think I’m going this route because I realized I won’t be do serious off roaring and want to stay away from 35s so I don’t regear. Appreciate you.
The MOPAR Beadlock wheel comes with a silver trim ring (think cosmetic) and the real, functional beadlock ring is an additional charge if you want one of those. I took the silver trim ring and sent it out to have it powder coated to match the Mojito paint. Would imagine you could do the same with the functional beadlock ring unless it poses some seal problem (which I have not heard of).

Sponsored