Sponsored

JL 33” tires small lift - Pictures Please!

Zipp

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Rubi takeoffs with a 2” spacer lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL 33” tires small lift - Pictures Please! 958A92B2-4C11-4D25-9BF8-8DA1541EB611
Jeep Wrangler JL JL 33” tires small lift - Pictures Please! 0AFF6632-5D9E-402D-9DEC-BB9B31553F32
Sponsored

OP
OP

Watchtower02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Rubi takeoffs with a 2” spacer lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL 33” tires small lift - Pictures Please! 0AFF6632-5D9E-402D-9DEC-BB9B31553F32
Did you put on both the 33” KO2 rubi tires and wheels as well as the rubi springs and shocks as well as a 2” space lift?

Do you have a noticeable difference when getting into the Jeep now I terms of height vs when it was a stock sport or Sahara?

Hows the ride vs stock?

Any wheel spacers needed?

How much higher would you say the Jeep is now roughly all in with what you put on?

This is exactly what I am looking to do and weighing this build vs the Jeep Mopar 2” lift with KO2 35” tires. It seems like your build might be the more reasonable way to go unless someone really wanted the larger tires.

This is very helpful and thank you!! Looking forward to your reply.

Zipp

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Did you put on both the 33” KO2 rubi tires and wheels as well as the rubi springs and shocks as well as a 2” space lift?

Do you have a noticeable difference when getting into the Jeep now I terms of height vs when it was a stock sport or Sahara?

Hows the ride vs stock?

Any wheel spacers needed?

How much higher would you say the Jeep is now roughly all in with what you put on?

This is exactly what I am looking to do and weighing this build vs the Jeep Mopar 2” lift with KO2 35” tires. It seems like your build might be the more reasonable way to go unless someone really wanted the larger tires.

This is very helpful and thank you!! Looking forward to your reply.
The rubicon wheels and tires were already on it when I bought used. It still has the stock sport springs, but I have a friend that is about to lift his rubicon. So I will probably get the stock rubicon springs from him. I don’t really notice a lot of difference getting in and out. I can tell a little bit, but nothing major. The ride is about the same as far as I can tell. Maybe a little softer. I added the 2 inch wheel spacers a while before I lifted. I haven’t measured, but the spacers came in right at 2” front and back. I plan on doing geometry brackets and adjustable control arms to get everything adjusted right after I add either rubicon springs or possibly 2” dual rate springs and will probably start planning on upgrading the driveshafts in case I end up with more lift than planned. I’m also regearing to 4.88, because I have the 6 speed and will be going to 35s once my 33s start getting low. I’m still on the fence though. I may go 37” ko2. The say 36.5 online, but I’ve seen posts where they measure 35.5. They weight close to the same as the 35 that are 34.5. I’ve looked at the expensive lifts, and I can see that advantages, but I’m not sure I need the potential they offer. I do mostly trails so far, and just need clearance for tires.

REAWS6

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Rubicon 4xe
This is great information and thanks for sharing! By the looks of the rubitrux website it looks like the cost to do a tire, wheel, and lift upgrade via rubicon takeoffs would be roughly

$2,099 for a set of 5 wheels with 33" KO2's on them
$350 for Rubicon shocks and springs
$600 on the high end for professional install
So this totals $3,049

Does a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara need spacers to fit these wheels and do you need a leveling kit? What does a leveling kit do?

Any other cost I should be aware of that I would want to consider to keep my jeep running nicely?

Do you need to install a heavy duty tire carrier reinforcement kit to carry the 33" tire in the tailgate?

In simple terms it looks like this build for roughly $3k would lift the jeep some and give it a nice look over stock vs going all in and doing a larger lift with 35" tires - am I looking at this correctly?

I got the prices from:
https://www.rubitrux.com/jl-wrangler-take-off-parts.html
You can find all that stuff a lot cheaper if you look around. I got my rubicon takeoff springs and shocks for $150 off the member marketplace on this forum. As far as I know the spare tire bracket is the same across the board and my 33s fit with no issue. And if you get rubicon wheels and tires I have seem them for as low as $800 depending on the mileage. Usually low mileage ones are like $1200.

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
2.5" Rough Country lift sitting on 18" Ballistic Tanks wrapped in 33s. I will be going to 35s as soon as these wear out.

IMG_0889.jpg

Sponsored

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Mine has 33’s with Rubi takeoff from a 4dr, with soft top steel bumpers and tow package. It rides great, little stiffer than the sport suspension. Overall I’m happy but wish I would’ve went with 35’s on this same lift. Also wish I would’ve sold off the stock wheels and went with something a bit wider and an offset that popped out of the well a bit more.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL 33” tires small lift - Pictures Please! 3C3CCB42-BB20-4813-8C2A-00131DE5012D

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
33s and a small lift on a sport? They actually made one from the factory. I’d google “Rubicon”.

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon doesn’t have much of a lift over the sport. Maybe 1”.
That’s not quite correct. The Rubicon starts at 1.5” to 1.75” over the Sport and Sahara with the upgraded suspension. Then add the 33” tires against the Sports 31”.

Lovis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Does anyone have pictures of their Wrangler Unlimited JL with 33” tires and a small lift kit? Thanks!!
If i understand you, you can look at photos of the 2020 jl rubicon recon which comes stock with ½ “ lift and 33’s.
Sponsored