Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Max tow has bigger axles and better gearing so you can run 37’s. Add a lift and it will look great. You can get a sport s around 40k. If you’re worried about having the capability of the rubicon there’s no reason looking at a tremor. It’s just a weird comparison, both have beds that’s about it.
Why would I get a JT Sport S for 40k add 10k in lift wheels and tires when I can get a Tremor for the same $50k?
Sponsored

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The fact that you are considering these 2 extremes leads me to believe you don't really need a Jeep.
...or the Superduty. I have a Superduty. It's a tool. They are not fun, in my opinion. I wanted something fun so I got a Jeep. If I did not have the Superduty and wanted something fun the Superduty would not be on my list. I drive my Superduty off road plenty but not for recreation - again, it would not be fun in that regard.

Get the Jeep.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
...or the Superduty. I have a Superduty. It's a tool. They are not fun, in my opinion. I wanted something fun so I got a Jeep. If I did not have the Superduty and wanted something fun the Superduty would not be on my list. I drive my Superduty off road plenty but not for recreation - again, it would not be fun in that regard.

Get the Jeep.
Thanks, Tremor is my first choice because of the utility, it would be my only vehicle. However Ford refuses to acknowledge there’s 30 million unemployed....

I’m waiting to here back from the Jeep dealer.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Why would I get a JT Sport S for 40k add 10k in lift wheels and tires when I can get a Tremor for the same $50k?
$10k for a lift, wheels, and tires? you need to do some research. again, the comparisson is just odd. you could say the same thing of why would i pay x for x if i can get a tremor for 50k for all kinds of vehicles. people are paying 50k for kia tellurides. let me know when you can take the top off of the tremor.

Sponsored

Trailnut

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Chevy Colorado, '20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Fire Marshal (Retired)
Go with the Jeep :like:

Bornabe

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Turbo EcoDiesel (Hellayella)
Vehicle Showcase
You have lots of options, buy what makes you feel the best after driving everything you're looking at. Also, you can order the 2DR Rubi with a stick for the same price as finding one on a lot. You can get 7% below invoice on one in stock or on an order, same deal, just order what you want so you get what you want and don't settle for what's available instantly on a lot.

The Tremor has some great advantages over the Jeep for what it is... but the Jeep is a Jeep and you're on a Jeep forum. You can't go wrong with a Jeep if fun is your deciding factor, but like others have said, you can have fun with anything. You can easily take doors and a top off a Jeep. That's a win in my book, even if you never go off-road.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
$10k for a lift, wheels, and tires? you need to do some research. again, the comparisson is just odd. you could say the same thing of why would i pay x for x if i can get a tremor for 50k for all kinds of vehicles. people are paying 50k for kia tellurides. let me know when you can take the top off of the tremor.
$3k or more for tires and wheels and it’s $3k-4K plus with teraflex lifts before tax or labor.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$3k or more for tires and wheels and it’s $3k-4K plus with teraflex lifts before tax or labor.
you can still do it much cheaper. you can do wheels and tires 2-3k and a lift for 2-3k, or even cheaper if youre thrifty or want to use oem wheels etc. you could have a nice set up for around 45k. how much are people paying for tremors? im guessing ford wont sell the base tremors for less then 55-60k? you could really go cost effective and do a spacer lift which would be less then a thousand. i did my mopar lift with added things like the fox mopar steering stabilizer, rock krawler adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket for less then $1500, my wheels were buy 4 get one free around christmas for less then $600, and the tires were less then $1200 for 5. you can do alot with 5k.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
you can still do it much cheaper. you can do wheels and tires 2-3k and a lift for 2-3k, or even cheaper if youre thrifty or want to use oem wheels etc. you could have a nice set up for around 45k. how much are people paying for tremors? im guessing ford wont sell the base tremors for less then 55-60k? you could really go cost effective and do a spacer lift which would be less then a thousand. i did my mopar lift with added things like the fox mopar steering stabilizer, rock krawler adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket for less then $1500, my wheels were buy 4 get one free around christmas for less then $600, and the tires were less then $1200 for 5. you can do alot with 5k.
I don’t like cheap suspension parts thrown together. If they are not engineered and tested for a year plus to get the right geometry I’m not interested.
35x12.5x17 mt are 300 a pop. With cheap wheels it’s over 2k. Over 400 if you go 37.
I thought I saw evo JT kit is $15-20k plus the cost of the base JT. It’s not hard to spend money on a quality suspension.

if the JT Rubi could be had $40k to $45k I’d look that way. At the price of a Tremor no contest.

Best deal I’ve found on a tremor is $53.5k on an $59k msrp. But Ford just lost $2 billion in 3 months. Probably triple that q2. I’m thinking prices will come down.

Still waiting on the Sarge Green Rubi.

Sponsored

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, cause mopar, fox, and rock krawler are cheap and untested. Good luck bud.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Yeah, cause mopar, fox, and rock krawler are cheap and untested. Good luck bud.
Does mopar 2 inch keep stock suspension geometry? Can 2 inch lift clear 37? They would be the only one I trust.
Fox make a great shock but I have yet to see their complete JT kit.

like I said before I don’t trust cheap kits. When you raise or drop you change geometry significantly. If you don’t engineer(means testing and time) correctly drivability is way off.

But if you want to buy those lifts go ahead. As you say they are great lifts...

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Tremor 250

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Best deal I’ve found on a tremor is $53.5k on an $59k msrp. But Ford just lost $2 billion in 3 months. Probably triple that q2. I’m thinking prices will come down.
Unfortunately since the Tremor is still relatively new, they may not feel the need to move much on price right now. I don't know how many Tremors are sitting on dealer lots right now. Ford (or their dealers) were probably hoping it was going to be like another Raptor.
Sponsored