Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Exactly, fca made it easy for people that want a Jeep and need a truck. Get a loaded sport s with max tow, cheaper then the ford, and you can build it to look however you want.
Take a sport and build it to the level of a Rubi will be way more than Rubi to begin with. If the JT was $40k like the Tacoma I’d look. At $50k one could get way more truck with the tremor at the same price.
Sponsored

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
MSRP are closer than one believes when at first glance. Being the JL has been out a bit longer and its a lot smaller the JL is less expensive and gets better mpg. My big issue is that with the JL I would like a stick and there is none anywhere on the west coast.
Is the 2dr Rubi as fun to drive with the auto as the stick? Ford sync can rewind and replay xm songs plus notify me of other songs/artist when they play other stations, can the Jeep do this?

Daily Driver with some trail runs, nothing serious and or need to upgrade from oem for the most part.
JL: more economical, smaller, better off road, top/doors off close to nature, Sarge Green, stick if I could find one.
Tremor: storage, utility, work, comfort, interior sound deadening, and can do a lot more in day to day life.
2020-tremor-bluejeans11.jpg
Curious...a little off subject. I had a JK Rubicon Hardrock. Manual transmission. 2017. Traded for a 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro in army green. Great truck. Miss my Jeep terribly. Looking at a new JLR and a JLUR diesel. Absolutely love the diesel. Also looked at the Tremor gas and diesel. Just to big and won't fit in my garage. Love both Jeeps. Ride is better in the 4-door. JL rides better than my JK though. But that diesel. Interested in your opinion. Leave the cost out of the equation for now.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Curious...a little off subject. I had a JK Rubicon Hardrock. Manual transmission. 2017. Traded for a 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro in army green. Great truck. Miss my Jeep terribly. Looking at a new JLR and a JLUR diesel. Absolutely love the diesel. Also looked at the Tremor gas and diesel. Just to big and won't fit in my garage. Love both Jeeps. Ride is better in the 4-door. JL rides better than my JK though. But that diesel. Interested in your opinion. Leave the cost out of the equation for now.
Cost the same I get the Tremor. It can just do so much. It’s hard to beat the utility of a truck.
I loved my JK in my avatar.

My TRD OR Tacoma bugs me. The xm/Sirius stereo loses reception faster than any vehicle I’ve had. I can’t do a lot of the things I want with the stereo that my $20k FIST could do. The rubber gasket on the roof comes off and slaps the top of the roof over and over on the freeway. Complained to the dealer and they put it back only to have it come off again. When it rains it sounds as I’m under a tin roof(no sound deadening in the headliner), I can’t unlock the rest of the doors from the drivers side door and there’s nothing on the passenger door, check engine light came on I asked the dealer to check it out on its 10k mile service they said it would cost $182. I said under warranty it’s free, they said no it’s $182. I told them to forget it.

perfect garage...Tremor, JL Rubi stick, F8 Scat Widebody Charger. But I can only get one at this time and the Tremor can do the most but is the most expensive.
If someone had a JL Rubi Stick in stock I’d have it in my garage already.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
I traded in my 2017 Tacoma TRD OR for a 2dr. JLR in Sarge Green, couldn't be happier. As for manual transmission, good luck I do believe they're still on hold. I wanted a stick in the JLR too, until I drove one and then a second one, no torque up high, it felt like it would stall in sixth gear doing 45 miles an hour. The 8 spd. Auto in the Rubicon is great, way better than the 6spd. auto in my Taco too. Good luck with your decision, buy a JLR...

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
... Leave the cost out of the equation for now.
You sound like you have lots of money. And you seem to know what you want. Go buy it. Nothing anyone is going to tell you will truly change or enrich your mind. Including this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
You sound like you have lots of money. And you seem to know what you want. Go buy it. Nothing anyone is going to tell you will truly change or enrich your mind. Including this.
I have lots of money? No.
With the deals in vehicles know I could upgrade with the same payment as I’m currently making. Ideally I wanted 0%-84 months...

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
LOL. I was quoting socks, not you.
I think he was trying to get to the base issue when stated without money. Which is always good to get to the heart of the issue.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I think he was trying to get to the base issue when stated without money.
That may be true. Scott asked for an opinion and I gave him mine. Sometimes people need a quick nudge from others and my post was meant to be a friendly, big brother nudge: firm encouragement to pursue the vehicle he is clearly coveting.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Tremor prices remain high. Looking at JL rubicon negotiations now...:))

I drove the JLR today and it was everything my toyota was not. Awesome stereo, door locks, transmission.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
How hard would it be to install the trailer tow pack and switches at the dealer? The one Im looking at does not have this option.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
How hard would it be to install the trailer tow pack and switches at the dealer? The one Im looking at does not have this option.
It is very doable, my friend had it done on his 2020 JL Willy, watch the explanation video on Quadratec. Video link:

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Tremor prices remain high. Looking at JL rubicon negotiations now...:))

I drove the JLR today and it was everything my toyota was not. Awesome stereo, door locks, transmission.
Did you end up test driving a row your own or try out the 8spd? I'm glad you're enjoying the experience so far

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
It is very doable, my friend had it done on his 2020 JL Willy, watch the explanation video on Quadratec. Video link:
Now can they do that and the trailer for $800. Haha.
Did you end up test driving a row your own or try out the 8spd? I'm glad you're enjoying the experience so far
I can’t keep my truck in 6th and slowly speed up. It alway shifts down even in manual. The Jeep it did not do this and had 2 more gears. Very nice.
In my TRD aux turns off when the I turn off the car. I cant record or replay favorite songs on xm/Sirius and it won’t allow me track songs and artists via favorites. Jeep does all this exactly like my FIST with sync 3. Little conveniences but make driving pass so much more fun.

Now I know JL or Scat wide I’m set

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Take a sport and build it to the level of a Rubi will be way more than Rubi to begin with. If the JT was $40k like the Tacoma I’d look. At $50k one could get way more truck with the tremor at the same price.
Max tow has bigger axles and better gearing so you can run 37’s. Add a lift and it will look great. You can get a sport s around 40k. If you’re worried about having the capability of the rubicon there’s no reason looking at a tremor. It’s just a weird comparison, both have beds that’s about it.
Sponsored