First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Towbin dodge in henderson NV.

https://www.towbindodge.net/

i just checked they still have 1500 at 50% off no idea what you have to do to get one at that price but it might be worth looking into.
Thank You
Their website is not advertising 1/2 off. 19 2wd $33k on sale for 22k. If it was 1/2 off it would be $17k.
Still a great deal!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
thats like comparing a motorcycle to a minivan
Ive never heard the Jeep being called a minivan....I kid. A plain 2wd truck would be a minivan.
Maybe a motorcycle to a bulldozer, both badass and both have pros and cons.
I was looking last July when I ended up with a trdor taco for 4.5k off at 34.5k. i would have rather purchased the jl 2dr rubi but it was 10k more. Now that the economy has crashed as well as prices I'm taking a second look. But the Tremor at $50k is a lot of truck for less than a jt rubi.

I see youre from the valley. I was born in Glendale. I love the Smokehouse in Burbank....

Last edited:

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
Tremor if you need to tow, haul, or work.
JL if you want leisure.

I had a 2003 SD 250 crew cab and it was an absolute beast. Always had room for everything and everyone. Biggest problem was its size, but I live in a rural area so was inconvenienced rarely.
I sold the '03 to finance a 2016 F150 ecoboost that I still own. The aluminum body makes it feel much sportier.

Our 2020 JL is less comfortable than the trucks were/are. I also think the Ford is more reliable. However, the JL is so maneuverable and small that it feels much sportier. Definitely more fun to drive.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Tremor if you need to tow, haul, or work.
JL if you want leisure.

I had a 2003 SD 250 crew cab and it was an absolute beast. Always had room for everything and everyone. Biggest problem was its size, but I live in a rural area so was inconvenienced rarely.
I sold the '03 to finance a 2016 F150 ecoboost that I still own. The aluminum body makes it feel much sportier.

Our 2020 JL is less comfortable than the trucks were/are. I also think the Ford is more reliable. However, the JL is so maneuverable and small that it feels much sportier. Definitely more fun to drive.
The 7.3 in the 20 SD is about 700lbs lighter than the 6.7. Ive heard its better offload without the weight as well. Definitely is Beast vs Outdoor as the JL is great with doors/top off. And I do know the convenience of the small 2 dr rubi's.

Daily driver that can haul with regularity and tow occasionally is why the Tremor is first choice price equal.
Seeing as the new JL Rubi can be had for $10k less and the Sarge Green is the reason I may end up with the Jeep. I did love my 12 JK Rubi.

Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
As the others have said, choose the one that suits your needs better. I own both and they shine in two different arenas. I purchased a JL for tighter technical trail. My SD for open off road. Granted my SD can do almost as much as the Jeep, it's size and wheel base is a bit of a burden. Pros and cons for both, but in my opinion, what they offer in the Tremor package isn't worth it. You can properly equip a SD similar and run either a 4x4 or FX4. FX4 if you are really into skids and an "upgraded" shock package which are kind of a joke. You can do better by putting a proper leveling kit on it. Also 2020s are an inch shorter in height compared to their 17-19 counter parts. Everything should be compatible between the years in this current gen. If you go Tremor, can you at least consider a Power Wagon package wise? I am not a fan boy, but trying to compare off road 3/4 ton more equally. More bang for the buck unless you want the powerstroke.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
As the others have said, choose the one that suits your needs better. I own both and they shine in two different arenas. I purchased a JL for tighter technical trail. My SD for open off road. Granted my SD can do almost as much as the Jeep, it's size and wheel base is a bit of a burden. Pros and cons for both, but in my opinion, what they offer in the Tremor package isn't worth it. You can properly equip a SD similar and run either a 4x4 or FX4. FX4 if you are really into skids and an "upgraded" shock package which are kind of a joke. You can do better by putting a proper leveling kit on it. Also 2020s are an inch shorter in height compared to their 17-19 counter parts. Everything should be compatible between the years in this current gen. If you go Tremor, can you at least consider a Power Wagon package wise? I am not a fan boy, but trying to compare off road 3/4 ton more equally. More bang for the buck unless you want the powerstroke.
I like the tremor package and don't feel its overly expensive. With the trail modes which is all software and programming, increased height 35 inch tires and wheels combo that looks great, along with the 55.1 crawl ratio, and I think they did nail the height(I don't like level kits as any time you tow or haul the front is higher than the rear). Without it and adding wheels and tires for $2.5k to $3k you get the suspension and software for about $1k to me which is a deal. At $50k the 250 7.3 Tremor is a steal! I was looking at used base 17 and up 250 work trucks last year that were still $45k.

I have looked at the 150 and the rebel and they would be less expensive and accomplish all that a truck can do, but in the end it be buying a $40k truck that is not my first choice. Too much money to spend and not get what you want. For $40k id get the JL Rubi or the Charger Scat Widebody. Thanks for your thoughts....

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I like the tremor package and don't feel its overly expensive. With the trail modes which is all software and programming, increased height 35 inch tires and wheels combo that looks great, along with the 55.1 crawl ratio, and I think they did nail the height(I don't like level kits as any time you tow or haul the front is higher than the rear). Without it and adding wheels and tires for $2.5k to $3k you get the suspension and software for about $1k to me which is a deal. At $50k the 250 7.3 Tremor is a steal! I was looking at used base 17 and up 250 work trucks last year that were still $45k.

I have looked at the 150 and the rebel and they would be less expensive and accomplish all that a truck can do, but in the end it be buying a $40k truck that is not my first choice. Too much money to spend and not get what you want. For $40k id get the JL Rubi or the Charger Scat Widebody. Thanks for your thoughts....
No worries, that's the glories of all the packages they offer with vehicles. I was just giving some insight beyond over priced looks and electronics packages. If the price is right and it covers your needs then select the one that is right for you.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
No worries, that's the glories of all the packages they offer with vehicles. I was just giving some insight beyond over priced looks and electronics packages. If the price is right and it covers your needs then select the one that is right for you.
Yes if the price is equal or even just above aftermarket I’m going to go oem.
If I dont get just a bit more incentive with ford I’ll order the Rubi stick and be very happy. If dealers carried the stick shift I would probably already own one. Haha.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Honestly, the auto is easily as much fun as the manual in the JLs. I drive stick wherever I can but if you’ve ever driven a proper DSG twin clutch transmission and have a feel for the crisp, almost crackly shifts and tactile feeling? This is sort of like that but in bulletproof form - I had an Audi S5 up until last year with DSG and getting into the Jeep the first thing I noticed was how confident the transmission was and how responsive it is if you’re manually shifting. If it’s even possible these days give one a drive.

And count me in as an absolute full vouch for the 2dr rubi. Even in stock form the thing feels like you’re unstoppable on trails and at the same time one of the more unique feeling vehicles to drive on the road, The short wheelbase makes it stupidly nimble and the breakover angle is so good you feel like the back tire always pops up on the obstacle before anything can get near your sliders. An absolute blast with the 3.6 and 8 speed auto both on and off the trail. It’s definitely a bit tight on storage but if you’re considering it already you know that. Tons of space with a rack and the back seat out if you need it.

DA132226-81C2-4435-A9D5-D82CCA92E139.jpeg
0F741AB9-974A-405F-8EE9-B3938095401E.jpeg
25B6D09E-6A5A-4ABE-AEF5-C3CA5EF95D06.jpeg
4E70AF95-2B44-4B4E-8216-10D9F85ECE2F.jpeg

BFBD6DCB-BA34-43D7-BE63-A93F41780ED2.jpeg

Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Yes if the price is equal or even just above aftermarket I’m going to go oem.
If I dont get just a bit more incentive with ford I’ll order the Rubi stick and be very happy. If dealers carried the stick shift I would probably already own one. Haha.
I think you will be happy with either regardless. I just wish the package for the Tremor was cheaper. 4k option and the only advantage I really see is a limited slip front over an open diff. Everything else offered I cannot see where the money is going. I'm sure as the pandemic continues prices may continue to plummet. On the upside, if you go order the rubi of your dreams - manual trans and color, you get the sweet window sticker with your name on it. Nice touch I never payed attention to when I picked up mine almost a year ago.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, the auto is easily as much fun as the manual in the JLs. I drive stick wherever I can but if you’ve ever driven a proper DSG twin clutch transmission and have a feel for the crisp, almost crackly shifts and tactile feeling? This is sort of like that but in bulletproof form - I had an Audi S5 up until last year with DSG and getting into the Jeep the first thing I noticed was how confident the transmission was and how responsive it is if you’re manually shifting. If it’s even possible these days give one a drive.

And count me in as an absolute full vouch for the 2dr rubi. Even in stock form the thing feels like you’re unstoppable on trails and at the same time one of the more unique feeling vehicles to drive on the road, The short wheelbase makes it stupidly nimble and the breakover angle is so good you feel like the back tire always pops up on the obstacle before anything can get near your sliders. An absolute blast with the 3.6 and 8 speed auto both on and off the trail. It’s definitely a bit tight on storage but if you’re considering it already you know that. Tons of space with a rack and the back seat out if you need it.

DA132226-81C2-4435-A9D5-D82CCA92E139.jpeg
0F741AB9-974A-405F-8EE9-B3938095401E.jpeg
25B6D09E-6A5A-4ABE-AEF5-C3CA5EF95D06.jpeg
4E70AF95-2B44-4B4E-8216-10D9F85ECE2F.jpeg
Nice pics! the 8 spd definitely woke up that 3.6L even though we all yearn for more power. At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with rowing your own though.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Sounds like a candidate for the JT and split the difference.
Exactly, fca made it easy for people that want a Jeep and need a truck. Get a loaded sport s with max tow, cheaper then the ford, and you can build it to look however you want.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
RUN, don't walk, away from Ford! My best bud was a Ford man all of his life until three F150s in a row blew an engine. The last time he was on his way to my place so we could meet up with some others for an event. The thing spun a cam and completely destroyed the valve train on one side of the engine, and he said he'll never own another Ford.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JLR and a RAM 2500 4x4 Cummins. The RAM tows an RV, flatbed, and hauls dirt bikes but otherwise it sits. The JLR is my daily. Oddly, the RAM gets as good and sometimes better gas mileage.

If you do not need a truck, there’s no good reason to choose over the Jeep. Parking is harder, the Jeep is far better off road, and way more fun to daily drive. The only advantage a truck has over the Jeep when truck utility is not needed is that the truck is generally more comfy on very long road trips.
Sponsored