JL 2dr Rubicon or SD 250 Tremor?

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
MSRP are closer than one believes when at first glance. Being the JL has been out a bit longer and its a lot smaller the JL is less expensive and gets better mpg. My big issue is that with the JL I would like a stick and there is none anywhere on the west coast.
Is the 2dr Rubi as fun to drive with the auto as the stick? Ford sync can rewind and replay xm songs plus notify me of other songs/artist when they play other stations, can the Jeep do this?

Daily Driver with some trail runs, nothing serious and or need to upgrade from oem for the most part.
JL: more economical, smaller, better off road, top/doors off close to nature, Sarge Green, stick if I could find one.
Tremor: storage, utility, work, comfort, interior sound deadening, and can do a lot more in day to day life.
2020-tremor-bluejeans11.jpg
Advertisement

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Nice looking truck but that’s not an apples to apples comparison. At the end of the day, other people’s opinions don’t matter. Buy whatever you want and whatever you can afford.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
For me if this were to be my only rig I'd go with the Tremor. Both vehicles have a ton of potential in the fun department.

I would suggest if you don't have specific want/need for a small nimble rig to go with the pickup. The fact that you are considering these 2 extremes leads me to believe you don't really need a Jeep.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The fact that you are considering these 2 extremes leads me to believe you don't really need a Jeep.
It’s true. Seems like he’s fallen in love with the Ford. Also if the garbage radio feature is the deal breaker between the Jeep and the Ford, then he’s already sold himself on the Ford.

EDIT: :CWL: I typed in XM and my galaxy autocorrected to “garbage”. Funny!

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
It’s true. Seems like he’s fallen in love with the Ford. Also if the garbage radio feature is the deal breaker between the Jeep and the Ford, then he’s already sold himself on the Ford.

EDIT: :CWL: I typed in XM and my galaxy autocorrected to “garbage”. Funny!
Its not the Ford per say, its the utility of the truck vs the fun of the Jeep. I loved my 2 rubi JK, and would instantly have one for a 2nd vehicle. If I could find a Sarge Green stick I would buy one now. If I order, Im not sure the prices would be as low as they are now.

Concerning the radio, this is not a xm/sirius feature but a programmed feature from sync. Loved it in my Fiesta ST and my 19 TRD OR Tacoma stereo system is garbage. Thats why I was asking about the capabilities of the Jeep stereo at this time.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
... I loved my 2 rubi JK, and would instantly have one for a 2nd vehicle. If I could find a Sarge Green stick I would buy one now. If I order, Im not sure the prices would be as low as they are now...
The manual order feature was just turned back on. If you find the right dealer, it should not matter if you buy off the lot vs ordering from the factory. There are plenty of dealers on this forum who are willing to say yes when and where the local dealer says no. Find the right one and don’t get greedy when it comes down to price. 9-13% below msrp is VERY good.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
The manual order feature was just turned back on. If you find the right dealer, it should not matter if you buy off the lot vs ordering from the factory. There are plenty of dealers on this forum who are willing to say yes when and where the local dealer says no. Find the right one and don’t get greedy when it comes down to price. 9-13% below msrp is VERY good.
I may just do that, I heard in Nampa Idaho I could possibly find a very good price.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
there is a dodge dealership in Vegas that has all 1500 rams at 50% off right now and i got my ram 2500 power wagon from them at about 30% off last month. seem everyone is having fire sales.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
there is a dodge dealership in Vegas that has all 1500 rams at 50% off right now and i got my ram 2500 power wagon from them at about 30% off last month. seem everyone is having fire sales.
That’s why I’m looking. What dealer is this?

ads75

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2016 Acura RDX
This forum will probably be slanted towards the JL. I have thought about replacing my other vehicle (also have a 2 door JL) with a full size truck, just not sure I would want a vehicle that long or big. I really don't need a truck either. Between the 2, I like the 2 door JL more for my needs.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
It of course comes down to your needs in a vehicle. If you need the utility of a full size truck for space and hauling then the answer is simple. If its just you driving around with not a lot of gear then I would say the 2 door Rubi is an obvious answer. I am lucky to not have the need for a lot of space so the 2 door Rubi is great for me.(I took the rear seat out right away and have no intention of putting in back in.) No doubt the Rubi is a more fun vehicle, btw the 8 speed auto with the turbo is very fun to drive.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Sounds like a candidate for the JT and split the difference.
JT Rubicon is as much as the Tremor. I have had a number of Ranger and the 6ft bed was great, my current tacoma 5ft bed is small. That and a number of other issues with the toyota I'm not a fan at all. With these current discounts I can get into something else for close to my current payment.
I could get the 150 but its too much like another truck. I want something special such as the Rubi or Tremor. Im also looking at the scat wide. Right now I'm leaning towards ordering the Rubi stick or finding a great deal on the Tremor.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
JT Rubicon is as much as the Tremor. I have had a number of Ranger and the 6ft bed was great, my current tacoma 5ft bed is small. That and a number of other issues with the toyota I'm not a fan at all. With these current discounts I can get into something else for close to my current payment.
I could get the 150 but its too much like another truck. I want something special such as the Rubi or Tremor. Im also looking at the scat wide. Right now I'm leaning towards ordering the Rubi stick or finding a great deal on the Tremor.
Great choice either way! I'm waiting on my MT Willys to get built. Expect delays going that route.

Advertisement

D&C Designs

Advertisement