Sponsored

JL 2018 Unlimited Sport 4DR Severe Wobble - Cause - Solution?

Wispitgood

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I have determined the cause of my Death Wobble which started severely, at 75Mbps having to slow to 35Mbps to get it to stop at mileage 5K+- to be tool loading. For my work, I have an about 100-120lbs of tools loaded into tool cases which sit perfectly in the back of the Jeep. I have since had the Death Wobble at nearly every right tire bump of Interstate bridge, or pothole, anywhere from 40-80Mbps. The first time, not knowing anything about the old issue of Jeeps, I had to change my shorts.

So I am ready to take my Jeep into service, but thought I would ask here for advice.

The weight distribution causes the issue as I can put a 200+ man in the passenger seat and hit bumps all day long, including ones that do the Wobble every single time on known roads. Also, the weight distribution raises my headlights up an inch or so, blinding people (getting some bad stares and light flashing back at me... "Turn of your bright lights @$#^%&!!", when the bright lights are not on.

So, should I take my Jeep in for service (less than 8K miles) or is there a solution, like 2" rise kit for back only? I really need these tools in that location. It is one of the top reasons I bought the Jeep! Not to mention, I occasionally pull a 5x10' covered trailer. The Wobble though occurs often without the trailer and only a couple times with trailer.
Sponsored

Last edited: