WUFJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I built a Sleeping and Storage platform for my 2 Door without taking out the passenger seat. Below is the YouTube video overview, I'm happy to post process pics and more details if folks are interested. It's a simple 2x4 and plywood construction upholstered with marine grade carpeting. Most of the work was in the templating for the fit and the upholstering and details for the porthole access, hatch and sleeping extension.

Here's the blog with more details and pictures about the construction of it.

Also a GREAT write up by one of our fellow JL forum'ers about a new product just out that solves most of the problems other than a sleeping platform:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/slipstream-jl-2-door-available.32937/
Sponsored

Last edited:

kskid

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 Chevy pickup, 2008 Crossfire, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I built a Sleeping and Storage platform for my 2 Door without taking out the passenger seat. Below is the YouTube video overview, I'm happy to post process pics and more details if folks are interested. It's a simple 2x4 and plywood construction upholstered with marine grade carpeting. Most of the work was in the templating for the fit and the upholstering and details for the porthole access, hatch and sleeping extension.

Great Video! I'm looking at doing the same thing so I look forward to your drawings, templates, materials list, etc. It's obvious you spent a lot of time planning this and the finished quality of the project shows it. Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
WUFJeep

WUFJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Great Video! I'm looking at doing the same thing so I look forward to your drawings, templates, materials list, etc. It's obvious you spent a lot of time planning this and the finished quality of the project shows it. Thanks for posting.
Thank you so much man, I am trying to bust out the blog this weekend cuz I keep promising it on the youtube channel lol

Kytann

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
That's pretty cool. Good work, and I like how the angles are adjuctable.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I have a 2 door and too have been trying to work out how to build a platform. I am looking forward to this project!

Sponsored

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome work Michael.

I have a 2 door and I am looking at something similar. I was planning on using some plywood that I would shape around bars etc and then using the roof top bolt holes to bolt the wood down (above the hard top surface). Then I could build a drawer system under that. It would also have to be at least 2 pieces (front and back) to allow my dog to jump into the back and then up on the platform. I would then place in the back part so the cargo area is all covered.

With your knowledge of this project, do you think my idea would be possible? I have not seen anyone do any type of covering/cabinet that bolts right to the frame?

Thanks for your video Micheal . It is very helpful to others.

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Now I know what I'll do when the wife throws me out. I like your recliner mode, too. That's a nice, clever touch! All you need now is sat. TV! Great job! Reminds me of when I was a kid and we customized our vans. Only big difference is that yours is 4WD, which was my dream, back then.

Edit: Forget the TV....You have it on your phone! I never use that function so I keep forgetting about it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Also a GREAT write up by one of our fellow JL forum'ers about a new product just out that solves most of the problems other than a sleeping platform:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/slipstream-jl-2-door-available.32937/
Wow, well done! That's one of the best ideas I've seen and it looks to be exceptionally well executed! You're going to have a lot of fun with that!

lbau317

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job, well done video as well! Thanks!

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Dude I LOVE your video editing - you should school every YT idiot out there.

You get right to the point and clearly DON'T just love the sound of your own voice. Thank you for not sucking at life!!

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Great job!
Sponsored