Sponsored

Kindapointless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 2dr
Occupation
Parts guy for mini/bmw
22 2dr 2.0 turbo rubicon, 2 connectors on the end. Was told these are gpec 5 or are they something else?

20221207_113155.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
22 2dr 2.0 turbo rubicon, 2 connectors on the end. Was told these are gpec 5 or are they something else?

Jeep Wrangler JL JL 2.0L Turbo ECU Tune Development by Eurocompulsion 20221207_113155
Pretty sure that's just the GPEC4LM (same as what is on the other 2.0L models).

Kindapointless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 2dr
Occupation
Parts guy for mini/bmw
Huh well shit, I went to a shop and they said they couldn't tune the 22 1/2 and up due to the ecu change... guess they just didn't want to do it then, and im guessing it's a good thing they didn't lol

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
I’ll try and get that pic over to you tomorrow
Are you able to get a photo of the sticker on your ECU and email it to me (to the email in my signature)? Having trouble getting movement from the factory on a unit for the 2023, and everyone locally has 2022.

Had another JL on the dyno today, with just the tune made 273whp/338wtq, pretty impressive on just 91 octane.

It's likely we will have the tuning kit on sale for our Christmas promotion, most likely 5-10% off.

It was mentioned before that the dealer may flash over your PCM if doing a direct tune (instead of clone) and that is definitely a risk. However, I always offer each customer a one time flash back to the tune if this occurs, so that's good to know. Also, it would be very difficult to detect that there's a tune on your ECU, doing the bench tune really leaves very little footprint, and all of the information that would normally be visible on your OEM ECU is in fact still there when connected to with a dealer tool.

However, every single order has been a clone so far! So it's clear what most people are wanting. We do have clone ECUs here, but we are stocking up on more based on how fast these are moving and buyer preferences. We are diving into more testing and options as well. I'm looking ahead to a bigger turbo setup 😎
Sent those pics over there was 2 stickers I just grabbed both

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sent those pics over there was 2 stickers I just grabbed both
Responded to your email, but I'm about 99.9% sure we can do those ECUs (in the 2023) without issue.

They are the same unit/model and gen# we are getting from our factory source for the clone units, which have been tested and programmed with success quite a few times over.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huh well shit, I went to a shop and they said they couldn't tune the 22 1/2 and up due to the ecu change... guess they just didn't want to do it then, and im guessing it's a good thing they didn't lol
Haha yes, maybe you dodged a bullet with that one. Maybe they just weren't that familiar with the 2.0L Turbo changes (the ECU did change on some other models).

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
Responded to your email, but I'm about 99.9% sure we can do those ECUs (in the 2023) without issue.

They are the same unit/model and gen# we are getting from our factory source for the clone units, which have been tested and programmed with success quite a few times over.
Well that would be great, I was told they changed them in 22 I believe, that’s why all other tuning out there only goes up to 21

Kindapointless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 2dr
Occupation
Parts guy for mini/bmw
Is there a transmission tune too? I love how it shifts in offroad plus and it depresses me that I didnt spring for 4 auto so I could run it all the time. Waiting for the wiring to show up for the paddle shifters, maybe that will help.

Also are pops and bangs a option in the tune?

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a transmission tune too? I love how it shifts in offroad plus and it depresses me that I didnt spring for 4 auto so I could run it all the time. Waiting for the wiring to show up for the paddle shifters, maybe that will help.

Also are pops and bangs a option in the tune?
The TCM isn't tuned directly, but there are changes in the ECU tune for shift range and upshift/downshift points, torque reserve, etc that will communicate to the TCM and change how the car shifts (which is more aggressively, and also lands you in better torque windows upon downshift and upshift in automatic shift mode).

And yes, I can do pops and bangs! Honestly, we always offer pops and bangs with the cars we tune (see our Giulia and 4C videos on our Youtube channel), but I didn't think Jeep owners would be that interested (apparently that's not the case).

If there's interest(?) I can definitely make that an option for the tune (and get a video of our Jeep with it to show what it can sound like).

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
One of the things I hate most about my Jeep is the transition coming off the brake to the throttle. Like when you are on the brake rolling up to a yield sign, you see a break in traffic, then get on the throttle. Mine essentially has no motor response for like a second, by then I'm really in to the throttle so then it surges and I end up spinning tires!

So a question, would the new tune help with that off/on transition?

Sponsored

Kindapointless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 2dr
Occupation
Parts guy for mini/bmw
Lmao I may be the only one wanting pops and bangs but I just can't help being a 40 year old kid lmao. I have to have the matched set including the pops and bangs. Mini cooper and jeep just seem to go together and all my cars wave

20221007_110914.jpg

20220323_175716.jpg

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the things I hate most about my Jeep is the transition coming off the brake to the throttle. Like when you are on the brake rolling up to a yield sign, you see a break in traffic, then get on the throttle. Mine essentially has no motor response for like a second, by then I'm really in to the throttle so then it surges and I end up spinning tires!

So a question, would the new tune help with that off/on transition?
Yes, that is definitely something I noticed on the stock tune, especially prevalent when attempting to pass someone from a slow speed, or coming to yield. With the tune this is a much smoother transition. It's responsive, but doesn't surge when the throttle is below 65%-70%.

With the tune changes, going above 75% throttle it will automatically downshift to the ideal torque range for immediate get-up and go, whereas before it seemed to hunt for where it needed to be, and then would be very peaky.

Drivability was very important when making and testing the tune changes.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lmao I may be the only one wanting pops and bangs but I just can't help being a 40 year old kid lmao. I have to have the matched set including the pops and bangs. Mini cooper and jeep just seem to go together and all my cars wave

Jeep Wrangler JL JL 2.0L Turbo ECU Tune Development by Eurocompulsion 20220323_175716

Jeep Wrangler JL JL 2.0L Turbo ECU Tune Development by Eurocompulsion 20220323_175716

NICE! Well, now I understand why you would want it.

I'll try getting it back on our Jeep and possibly make a little video to show what it sounds like once we get back from Christmas break.

GAGT

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4Xe, 19 TM3P, 02 Ford HD, 01 GAGT
With this tune would I get extra power from my S&B intake and muffler delete or will that not effect the results.
Idk let me look through only the last 4 pages...

The Mishimoto intake is great quality (most everything they do is). It may be a bit over engineered, the filter flows great. The afe filter does the job, but to really get gains out of it you need that improvement to laminar flow in the intake tract to take advantage. We used a test downpipe, so I can't comment on the afe downpipe.

We are releasing a series of intakes, one will be up today. The V1, it replaces the stock intake tube with a larger, smoother flowing thick silicone piece. We have also manufactured our own high flow drop in filter to pair with it, which we are waiting for to come out of fabrication. Paired together the flow is greatly increased, and even without a tune there's a little increase in hp and torque. We will also offer the afe filter drop ins as an option for the intake tube. This is a solid option for people that want to maintain the factory ram air ducting location (for inertial separation and water protection) and want a little extra performance without going crazy.
Ultimately, replacing the entire (air intake) system with something different would achieve some substantial gains.
The TCM isn't tuned directly, but there are changes in the ECU tune for shift range and upshift/downshift points, torque reserve, etc that will communicate to the TCM and change how the car shifts (which is more aggressively, and also lands you in better torque windows upon downshift and upshift in automatic shift mode).

And yes, I can do pops and bangs! Honestly, we always offer pops and bangs with the cars we tune (see our Giulia and 4C videos on our Youtube channel), but I didn't think Jeep owners would be that interested (apparently that's not the case).

If there's interest(?) I can definitely make that an option for the tune (and get a video of our Jeep with it to show what it can sound like).
I don't know at this point if we will be doing catless, there's some grey area that has to be evaluated (mostly red tape if you know what I mean). That doesn't mean we can't tune for it, but not sure if we will offer one.

I need to put everything else back on and do some runs together. Individually the gains aren't bad, our V1 with high flow filter is netting about 6whp/6wtq. Borla axleback touring system did about the same on average, but on a much warmer day. I've not yet put just a downpipe on the dyno.
I will have a form that you can fill out and include with your ECU. There you can list your choice of octane, and also any modifications relevant to engine performance the car has.

I have various changes and adjustments I can make based on these modifications. We've already tested a number of exhaust systems here, as well as the chargepipe and intake from Mishimoto, in addition to some AFE products and filters.
Here is the form because I'm feeling generous.

https://eurocompulsion.sharefile.com/share/view/s4dd1e61fd48d4f3aa8d33abf8a94eb49
Sponsored