Sponsored

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
@EUROCOMPULSION i have the jb4 (this product) on my jeep. How is this tune better or different from the jb4?

i know you are custom tuning for some parts if requested.

i also have afe filter, GFB DV, and the mishimoto charger. On tune 1 the jeep feels great. Im looking at your tune with the extra capability of running a catless pipe and not having a CEL.

would you consider your tune will have more power at the end of the day?
Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
I installed it yesterday and have had a few test drives since. No CELs after installing. First impressions... wow! It really gets after it now! Torque improvements kick in almost instantly off the line, and it pulls much stronger than before. I had high expectations for this tune and it does not disappoint. If you're on the fence I'd say 100% go for it. I shipped it overnight and selected overnight return shipping, so I was only down for 3 days. Thank you again Toby for getting it out so quickly! Here are my mods again if you are curious.

Mishimoto CAI and charge pipe
GFB DV+
Borla touring climber
3” lift, 37s
Stock 4.10 gears
Excellent!! Super glad you are enjoying it, and thank you for the kind words.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@EUROCOMPULSION i have the jb4 (this product) on my jeep. How is this tune better or different from the jb4?

i know you are custom tuning for some parts if requested.

i also have afe filter, GFB DV, and the mishimoto charger. On tune 1 the jeep feels great. Im looking at your tune with the extra capability of running a catless pipe and not having a CEL.

would you consider your tune will have more power at the end of the day?
A Downpipe is definitely something we can tune for (that a piggyback will not).

Overall I'd say our tune (and as any ECU tune should be) is going to be way more comprehensive than a piggyback. The piggyback unit connects to (2) boost sensors, and masks the signal to the ECU so that the ECU adds more boost. That's all it does. It's relying solely on the factory lambda/wideband and factory spark curve to make the needed adjustments necessary for boost levels it can't actually see accurately.

An ECU tune accounts for this, but also can change the boost curve in ways that a piggyback cannot. It can account for spark advance corrections, temperature corrections, torque limitations, acceleration rates, cooling strategies, VE corrections, compressor rates & limits, etc. There's far more potential, especially with adding more modifications, than a piggyback can offer in anyway.

I'm also not a fan of the fact that the published dyno results for the Wrangler JL and this product are actually just the Giulia 2.0L dyno results, renamed with "Jeep" on them. Given that I've dyno'd both of those cars extensively, I can tell you that the curves and behavior of each is very different than the other. The only other real world results I've seen for it were much less than those published results. I don't feel that it's been adequately developed or tested. The Wrangler JL Dragys that I've seen also don't show any significant deltas.

I'm confident that ours is very well developed, tested, and has way more potential moving forward.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
What’s up with your site, is it down?

bdb5430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
What’s up with your site, is it down?
I noticed the same thing, but I think it’s just their mobile site. There’s a pop up when you enter the site that you can’t clear on mobile. Works fine on a desktop.

Sponsored

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you guys looking into the 23 ecm’s ?

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Anyone able to tell me the risks of not having my ECU cloned? Thinking of getting this but not sure I can afford the doubling in cost.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone able to tell me the risks of not having my ECU cloned? Thinking of getting this but not sure I can afford the doubling in cost.
Personally I wouldn’t do it without having my stock ecm, if you need warranty work done 2 things can happen one they deny warranty because you tuned it and or they flash your tuned ecm flashing over it and wiping out your tuning. Normally I wouldn’t care about having my stock/spare ecm but in this situation there’s no handheld device meaning there’s no way for you as the customer to be able to reflash your tuning back in. Honestly $900 for custom tuning and a spare ecm is fairly cheap I’ve been tuning my diesel trucks for years and generally pay close or more than that for the flashing device and tuning no spare ecm. If they come out with tuning for the 23’s in a reasonable amount of time I’ll be all over it

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you guys looking into the 23 ecm’s ?
Definitely. But, I most likely won't have a lot of momentum on this until after the 1st of the year. After that, I'll be able to hit the ground running on it and get it sorted rather quickly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fingers crossed
Are you able to get a photo of the sticker on your ECU and email it to me (to the email in my signature)? Having trouble getting movement from the factory on a unit for the 2023, and everyone locally has 2022.

Had another JL on the dyno today, with just the tune made 273whp/338wtq, pretty impressive on just 91 octane.

It's likely we will have the tuning kit on sale for our Christmas promotion, most likely 5-10% off.

It was mentioned before that the dealer may flash over your PCM if doing a direct tune (instead of clone) and that is definitely a risk. However, I always offer each customer a one time flash back to the tune if this occurs, so that's good to know. Also, it would be very difficult to detect that there's a tune on your ECU, doing the bench tune really leaves very little footprint, and all of the information that would normally be visible on your OEM ECU is in fact still there when connected to with a dealer tool.

However, every single order has been a clone so far! So it's clear what most people are wanting. We do have clone ECUs here, but we are stocking up on more based on how fast these are moving and buyer preferences. We are diving into more testing and options as well. I'm looking ahead to a bigger turbo setup 😎

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you able to get a photo of the sticker on your ECU and email it to me (to the email in my signature)? Having trouble getting movement from the factory on a unit for the 2023, and everyone locally has 2022.

Had another JL on the dyno today, with just the tune made 273whp/338wtq, pretty impressive on just 91 octane.

It's likely we will have the tuning kit on sale for our Christmas promotion, most likely 5-10% off.

It was mentioned before that the dealer may flash over your PCM if doing a direct tune (instead of clone) and that is definitely a risk. However, I always offer each customer a one time flash back to the tune if this occurs, so that's good to know. Also, it would be very difficult to detect that there's a tune on your ECU, doing the bench tune really leaves very little footprint, and all of the information that would normally be visible on your OEM ECU is in fact still there when connected to with a dealer tool.

However, every single order has been a clone so far! So it's clear what most people are wanting. We do have clone ECUs here, but we are stocking up on more based on how fast these are moving and buyer preferences. We are diving into more testing and options as well. I'm looking ahead to a bigger turbo setup 😎
I’ll try and get that pic over to you tomorrow

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will this work with a 22 that has gpec 5?
As in the Gladiator 21'-22'? (and 392 Wrangler I believe)

The problem with the GPEC5 for people is they are trying to patch unlock the ECU (in order to be able to use it with their equipment). But we can boot it directly.

The origination software is the same, just a few versions up than what they're using on the GPEC4LM.

Quite certain the connections are the same, but I would need an ECU. Those are hard to come by right now.
Sponsored