Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It's been almost 3 years since the thread started, almost a year since they said there were updates coming. People have gotten Broncos quicker. ;)
Yep. Even Bestop's Core doors tease was dragged out for only 22 months.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Obviously they are not serious about this market. They had a pretty good reputation on the 124 Spider forum, which is a BUNCH smaller than the Wrangler so idont get it, but as for me, I’ll just look elsewhere if I need more performance. If they can’t get it in 3 years……

Sponsored

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
I’m starting to think that this product (if is ever release) it will be a liability. A company that has taken this long to launch a product would not resolve issues very quickly once the product is out on the market.

Imagine having engine problems and no support. Not installing this on my jeep

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
I’m gonna sub in against my better judgement lol I have a 23 so it’ll be 10 years out probably

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
@EUROCOMPULSION I saw a hint on IG, any update to post here? Christmas is coming, I need to get my list in order!
Yes, I will be most likely releasing the tune today or tomorrow! The high end power is where I would like it to be safely (on a Jeep with no mods). I've been finishing up our big turbo on the Alfa 2.0L GME, this is something we plan to integrate upgrade wise with the JL's turbo. It's basically a stuffed turbo, the results are good and drivability is great.

I also have other products we are adding to our Jeep line. The tune will have two options, send in your ECU for a direct tune, or send in your ECU and have it cloned to a second ECU which will be tuned (so the original can stay just that, original). Flashing your ECU back to stock is included in the purchase. We are working on a patch unlock with our hardware to possibly use a handheld in the future, but that is going to take some time. That's partially why I waited to release this, hoping that we may have more headway on that, but the tune is very solid and I wanted to get it out.

We will have a series of intakes as well, starting with the V1 which I will be putting up. I respect some other companies R&D on the main intake tube, but the baffling has to be removed in order to make any real power, which is especially helpful for a tuned car. We've got 15K miles of testing on this intake and I've seen no disadvantages to smoothing out the intake flow.

I’m starting to think that this product (if is ever release) it will be a liability. A company that has taken this long to launch a product would not resolve issues very quickly once the product is out on the market.

Imagine having engine problems and no support. Not installing this on my jeep
If you look around, you will see we have some of the best support in the business. That's saying something for a small company. That's precisely why we've waited to release anything from Jeep development. We waited until we were ready to devote the time and energy to supporting it.

I've got almost 12K miles on this tune alone (not counting my beta tunes). It's solid, and very thoroughly tested.

bdb5430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Yes, I will be most likely releasing the tune today or tomorrow! The high end power is where I would like it to be safely (on a Jeep with no mods). I've been finishing up our big turbo on the Alfa 2.0L GME, this is something we plan to integrate upgrade wise with the JL's turbo. It's basically a stuffed turbo, the results are good and drivability is great.

I also have other products we are adding to our Jeep line. The tune will have two options, send in your ECU for a direct tune, or send in your ECU and have it cloned to a second ECU which will be tuned (so the original can stay just that, original). Flashing your ECU back to stock is included in the purchase. We are working on a patch unlock with our hardware to possibly use a handheld in the future, but that is going to take some time. That's partially why I waited to release this, hoping that we may have more headway on that, but the tune is very solid and I wanted to get it out.

We will have a series of intakes as well, starting with the V1 which I will be putting up. I respect some other companies R&D on the main intake tube, but the baffling has to be removed in order to make any real power, which is especially helpful for a tuned car. We've got 15K miles of testing on this intake and I've seen no disadvantages to smoothing out the intake flow.

If you look around, you will see we have some of the best support in the business. That's saying something for a small company. That's precisely why we've waited to release anything from Jeep development. We waited until we were ready to devote the time and energy to supporting it.

I've got almost 12K miles on this tune alone (not counting my beta tunes). It's solid, and very thoroughly tested.
Thank you for the update! Very excited to see this tune in action. Can you release any info on pricing? Also, what would the expected turnaround time be for the ECU? Assuming I’m shipping from the US, how long should I expect to be without an ECU?

Sponsored

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yes, I will be most likely releasing the tune today or tomorrow! The high end power is where I would like it to be safely (on a Jeep with no mods).

Not that mileage is a huge factor, but do you have a ballpark estimate on affects?

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To my knowledge the 23’s have either a new ecm or new encryption does this mean the process will have to be started from scratch ?

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the update! Very excited to see this tune in action. Can you release any info on pricing? Also, what would the expected turnaround time be for the ECU? Assuming I’m shipping from the US, how long should I expect to be without an ECU?
I believe we are listing the direct tune at $499, plus shipping. The clone option will be nominally the cost of a spare ECU + the cost of the tune.

Our turnaround time will be approximately 24-48 business hours. Most ECUs that come in, I have back out within 24 hours. You can choose whichever shipping service you would like, and we will offer next day or 2nd day options via UPS (who I find to be the most reliable with shipping ECUs). So it is feasible to have a 72 hour downtime total depending on how fast you need it.

Not that mileage is a huge factor, but do you have a ballpark estimate on affects?
None to note as of now. After our final dyno session last week I changed the oil, checked out our plugs, boroscope, etc. Everything looks healthy. There's only about 12K on the tune, but total it has 47K and the last 12K miles have been a lot of beating on the dyno in steady state and warmer summer temps. It's held up well.

To my knowledge the 23’s have either a new ecm or new encryption does this mean the process will have to be started from scratch ?
I have experience both ways, sometimes the new encrpytion is a setback and takes a while to sort out. Other times what we're already doing carries over easily without many changes. I've seen video and pics of the 23' engine bay, and some semi close ups of the ECU. The connectors and body style look identical to the current GPEC4 family. But I can't say for sure on the encryption/internals, I'd have to get an ECU here and test read it.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe we are listing the direct tune at $499, plus shipping. The clone option will be nominally the cost of a spare ECU + the cost of the tune.

Our turnaround time will be approximately 24-48 business hours. Most ECUs that come in, I have back out within 24 hours. You can choose whichever shipping service you would like, and we will offer next day or 2nd day options via UPS (who I find to be the most reliable with shipping ECUs). So it is feasible to have a 72 hour downtime total depending on how fast you need it.

None to note as of now. After our final dyno session last week I changed the oil, checked out our plugs, boroscope, etc. Everything looks healthy. There's only about 12K on the tune, but total it has 47K and the last 12K miles have been a lot of beating on the dyno in steady state and warmer summer temps. It's held up well.

I have experience both ways, sometimes the new encrpytion is a setback and takes a while to sort out. Other times what we're already doing carries over easily without many changes. I've seen video and pics of the 23' engine bay, and some semi close ups of the ECU. The connectors and body style look identical to the current GPEC4 family. But I can't say for sure on the encryption/internals, I'd have to get an ECU here and test read it.
Are you going to do that?

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you going to do that?
I'll have to check with our factory contact and cross reference the ECU part #s for a 2023, and see if we can get one. I'm not sure that we can order one for a 2023 model year yet.
Sponsored