First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. The majority of us are sick and not at work.

Pro to how long this is taking is some serious reliability testing on Phase 1.
Yep, there’s a lot of bugs going around. Get well soon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
On the plus side, my warranty will be done by the time you're ready, so I won't have any reason to wait haha.
Just need to get a second ECU.
Good attitude for sure.

We hope to be able to supply the Clone ECU's as we have with other vehicles we tune. Thankfully these ECU's seem cheaper. We are used to Magneti Marelli ECU's and they are quite pricey.

Gbango

First Name
Giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Sahara Unlimited
Eager to see final numbers and drivability reviews. Currently using JB4 with great results. Hoping this matches/beats the power with an improvement to shift strategies and any possible torque management removal. Count me in on first orders if you can swing this

Sponsored

carlhenry

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 wrangler jl 2.0
what do u mean learn 2 play the drums and the flute

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
EC used to be pretty active with the Fiat 124 Spider group and had a good reputation. Sure seems to be taking them a long time to get this product to market though…

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We still are active there. In fact, the larger turbo tuning (in combination with bigger injectors for unleaded and E85) are what we have been working on primarily for the 1.4L Multiair Turbo (124 Spider, 500 Abarth, etc). We just set a record on Dragy with this setup last week.

13.8 sec 1/4 mile @ 103mph. Still using factory downpipe and exhaust option.

Our time has been taken up by the 2.0L GME, just not in the Wrangler specifically. We are currently tuning, working on, and about to release a bigger turbo setup for the Giulia/Stelvio. The reason why we have not put out any specific updates for the Wrangler is because technically they all pertain to the Alfa, but you better believe that all of these changes and developments we are tuning (EGR manipulation, cooling pump and IC strategies, bigger heat exchangers, big turbo, etc) are being carried over to the Wrangler.

I daily drive my 2.0L JL, and here in the next 2 weeks it's going to have a new tune on it with acceleration testing and dyno testing on what I hope is the last iteration of a Phase 1 tune (at least for now). We also have a shipment of ECU clones coming in for this car. So while we have not been updating specifically, we are definitely preparing something. We have a lot of testing data, information, videos, etc for this platform.

We also have a piggyback option we have developed on our own (it's our own make and design) that we will be offering in addition to ECU tuning.

I know it's been a while, but we don't like to talk too much about anything while we are working on it. That may be contrary to how many companies hype their stuff, but that's just how we normally do it.

Hopefully we'll have news for you soon, sorry it's taking longer than I'm sure many of you would like.

Sponsored

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer
How far does the tuning for the Alfa really carry over to the jeeps given that the alfas use the Magnetti Marelli MM10JA where ours use the GPEC4.

I know that HPTuners already offers custom tuning for the 2.0 so why not just sell us files.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when maybe by easter
I would hope so.

How far does the tuning for the Alfa really carry over to the jeeps given that the alfas use the Magnetti Marelli MM10JA where ours use the GPEC4.

I know that HPTuners already offers custom tuning for the 2.0 so why not just sell us files.
If you understand what to look for (and what applies), there's a great deal that carries over. Tuning the Alfas and being familiar with the ECU architecture/engine similarities has its advantages that are not going to be the same coming from the other way. We also know what tuning techniques produce results, and which do not.

We're not satisfied with 20hp/25tq on 93 octane with an ECU tune, and practically no real additional ECU tuning features to speak of (other than what already comes with the handheld you can purchase separately). That's an easy boost increase and nothing else. Our piggyback tuning netted more than that.

We don't use HPtuners tuning systems, our files are not going to be compatible with their system, and we don't have any interest in selling more hardware for them either. No disrespect to them at all, but we have an entirely different business model.

Bottom line is, we're not going to make all of the tuning development/IP that we know and can do just out in the open and available to those who don't have it.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I was just surprised that the Jeep 2.0 wasn’t the “lead” development wise given the much larger Jeep market vs Alfa

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We've specialized in Italian cars for 30 years. Only in the last 6-7 did we start incorporating other FCA makes.

We started with the Alfa 2.0L first, naturally. And it was in production/being sold before the Wrangler 2.0L was being built.

Patches?

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland, 2021 Civic Type R
If you guys get around to working on a 4xe tune, I'll be happy to run logs and test!
Sponsored