OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
This is awesome and exciting for us 2.0 folks! When will this be available for purchase?
We have been able to do Direct Tuning or Cloning for awhile now, but want a solid tune first. We are anxious to get this product up for sale, but we want to make sure we have extensive testing, proven results, and BETA testers behind it. This is why we started this thread. To hold ourselves accountable and to show you guys that we truly care about getting you the most power without any other compromises.

We do, however, have some work to do to get Flash Tuning (Handhelds) going. That journey will be documented here as well. Thanks for your attention. Stay Tuned.

Would love to hear a sound clip of your jeep. How does the catless downpipe preform for u? Does it throw codes?
We second this lol.
Sponsored

Philster

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2dr / 98 TJ
Thank you for the update. Question about the security gateway? A lot of Jeepers use hardware like the “JL Tazer Mini” to gain access to features like Lockers in 2 or 4 High, TPMS pressure minimums and traction, stability and ABS management for example. Would we lose this option? Alternately, would you be implementing these options?

Last edited:
OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the update. Question about the security gateway? A lot of Jeepers use hardware like the “JL Tazer Mini” to gain access to features like Lockers in 2 or 4 High, TPMS pressure minimums and traction, stability and ABS management for example. Would we lose this option? Alternately, would you be implementing these options?
You will not lose it if you have the device.

With our handheld, we don't think we could offer those features, but it's something we will have to explore. Right now our priority is getting ECU flashing working with our handheld. The rest will come later and will be shared in this thread.

Stay Tuned.

Outrage

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2001 TJ
So diablo sport has done the PCM and runner thing like they have been doing for years. Is your goal to get around having to get a PCM and only using a handheld? Also what type of tuning software do you plan to use so as we mod we can tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So diablo sport has done the PCM and runner thing like they have been doing for years. Is your goal to get around having to get a PCM and only using a handheld? Also what type of tuning software do you plan to use so as we mod we can tune.
Eventually yes. There are ways we can "Clone" your stock ECU, without you having to lose your stock ECU or trade it in the way some of the other companies do. But the goal is to be able to tune with just the handheld alone. We had this same issue on the Giulia platform, and were able to establish a patch or plugin that would work solely with the handheld, and not require the ECU to be removed from the car to be tuned.

All of our tuning software is proprietary, and licensed to us from a software supplier. It does not support the end user actually self tuning their car (if you want something like that you need to use a piggyback unit though it will be limited, unless you plan to set up a standalone ECU, which I would not recommend).

We will have multiple map options for many different setups. The system will support switching maps or having maps designed based on your modifications, but you won't be able to tune the car yourself.

Outrage

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2001 TJ
Eventually yes. There are ways we can "Clone" your stock ECU, without you having to lose your stock ECU or trade it in the way some of the other companies do. But the goal is to be able to tune with just the handheld alone. We had this same issue on the Giulia platform, and were able to establish a patch or plugin that would work solely with the handheld, and not require the ECU to be removed from the car to be tuned.

All of our tuning software is proprietary, and licensed to us from a software supplier. It does not support the end user actually self tuning their car (if you want something like that you need to use a piggyback unit though it will be limited, unless you plan to set up a standalone ECU, which I would not recommend).

We will have multiple map options for many different setups. The system will support switching maps or having maps designed based on your modifications, but you won't be able to tune the car yourself.
Does this mean that the clone from diablo sport would not be tunable? Or it just means that in order for us to tune using your software you would have to do it or a licensed shop?

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this mean that the clone from diablo sport would not be tunable? Or it just means that in order for us to tune using your software you would have to do it or a licensed shop?
I think maybe we are confusing terminology, I'm not sure how you are using the words "to tune".

Do you mean just having the ability to flash the ECU yourself at home (or garage) whenever you want? Or do you mean actually "tuning" your ECU, meaning you are making your own changes to the actual mapping and flashing it to the car?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’m looking for part throttle cruise gains if there’s some to be Reliably had in extreme conditions just to hold 8th gear a little more without the need for downshifting as often.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I’m looking for part throttle cruise gains if there’s some to be Reliably had in extreme conditions just to hold 8th gear a little more without the need for downshifting as often.
For normal driving I think would be happy with just transmission/throttle tuning only. The motor makes more than enough power, but I think it's a little too quick when deciding to downshift.

But of course I want more power too...

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Define "extreme conditions" and hopefully we can give you a more clear answer.

For normal driving I think would be happy with just transmission/throttle tuning only. The motor makes more than enough power, but I think it's a little too quick when deciding to downshift.

But of course I want more power too...
Well, we hope to offer all that. As for "throttle tuning" we do offer a pedal controller that works great and can be tucked away and out of site. See here - https://shopeurocompulsion.net/coll...uro-drive-fr-fast-response-jeep-wrangler-2-0l.

With a tune, we will make adjustments as well, but in the meantime, it's a great tool to have. It really gives the illusion of more power and low-end torque. It kind of makes it feel like a cable throttle in the right setting as it adds a weight feel to the pedal. I recommend City mode on the highest sensitivity level.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Define "extreme conditions" and hopefully we can give you a more clear answer.

Well, we hope to offer all that. As for "throttle tuning" we do offer a pedal controller that works great and can be tucked away and out of site. See here - https://shopeurocompulsion.net/coll...uro-drive-fr-fast-response-jeep-wrangler-2-0l.

With a tune, we will make adjustments as well, but in the meantime, it's a great tool to have. It really gives the illusion of more power and low-end torque. It kind of makes it feel like a cable throttle in the right setting as it adds a weight feel to the pedal. I recommend City mode on the highest sensitivity level.
High load, high heat for example. When you’re remote, you don’t want a failure due to too aggressive a tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High load, high heat for example. When your remote, you don’t want a failure due to too aggressive a tune.
Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

I assume you mean towing? 8th gear is really there to maximize efficiency while cruising at high speeds without much load on the car. Once engine load is introduced downshifting is pretty standard to provide enough torque to not lose speed. As well as prevent engine lugging. We can explore what gains can be had in 8th without downshifting, but it's really not the most flexible place to exploit power/torque as it's there for engine efficiency.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

I assume you mean towing? 8th gear is really there to maximize efficiency while cruising at high speeds without much load on the car. Once engine load is introduced downshifting is pretty standard to provide enough torque to not lose speed. As well as prevent engine lugging. We can explore what gains can be had in 8th without downshifting, but it's really not the most flexible place to exploit power/torque as it's there for engine efficiency.
Well, if 8th was held up a 7% grade.... high load but what I mean is IF there is more power generated (more BTU’s than stock generated) with the tune around 2k rpm (harder on an engine and more apt to have spark knock) and under rpm’s and you’re climbing an obstacle and it’s 114* + outside. That is where my concern lies IF more power is made on any of your tunes in that rpm range.

Outrage

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2001 TJ
I think maybe we are confusing terminology, I'm not sure how you are using the words "to tune".

Do you mean just having the ability to flash the ECU yourself at home (or garage) whenever you want? Or do you mean actually "tuning" your ECU, meaning you are making your own changes to the actual mapping and flashing it to the car?
Self tune or shops tune. I know they are two different options but you had mentioned a piggyback or standalone. I guess what I'm asking is with your handheld would a licensed shop (as long as they have the software)be able to tune my jeep for aftermarket upgrades? I'm not a self tuner nor do I want to blow my jeep up. I would imagine flashing between tunes is a feature it would have much like the accessory from cobb. I guess that would be more in line is this going to be more like Cobbs accessp
Sponsored