OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
Here is a picture of mine. Does it tell you its GPEC5?

8E32FE5F-0E02-41DC-AC3B-1BF31D89A26F.jpeg
Looks like a wide angle shot maybe? But yes, that appears to be a GPEC4.

I am confident that our tune will work well with the 4Xe. I've not had a chance to dyno test anything done but I do have test files from a local car. The performance is there and we've been able to translate over a lot of what we have already done tuning logic wise.

Racechip's piggyback only alters boost, and only alters it along whatever the stock curve and limitations present (think the stock curve but +2 everywhere). That's about all it can do. We can do a lot more (torque limitations, cooling strategies). That's one thing no one has really talked about, that sprung off our work on the Giulia. Strong, consistent power delivery is available if you know how to program the intercooler system properly, and we definitely do. This isn't just a performance aspect either, this is something that will be very valuable for crawling, overlanding, and offroading drivability as we get into spring and summer.

Right now our issue is delivery, that limits a lot of options and tune features available at one time to a user that we are capable of doing. However, after working on this for some time we've been able to materialize a solution that is coming together now. So stay tuned on that.
Sponsored

rdk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Looks like a wide angle shot maybe? But yes, that appears to be a GPEC4.

I am confident that our tune will work well with the 4Xe. I've not had a chance to dyno test anything done but I do have test files from a local car. The performance is there and we've been able to translate over a lot of what we have already done tuning logic wise.

Racechip's piggyback only alters boost, and only alters it along whatever the stock curve and limitations present (think the stock curve but +2 everywhere). That's about all it can do. We can do a lot more (torque limitations, cooling strategies). That's one thing no one has really talked about, that sprung off our work on the Giulia. Strong, consistent power delivery is available if you know how to program the intercooler system properly, and we definitely do. This isn't just a performance aspect either, this is something that will be very valuable for crawling, overlanding, and offroading drivability as we get into spring and summer.

Right now our issue is delivery, that limits a lot of options and tune features available at one time to a user that we are capable of doing. However, after working on this for some time we've been able to materialize a solution that is coming together now. So stay tuned on that.

Thank you for the detailed response! That's awesome to hear and take your time, I'm excited for when you and the team get around to officially releasing it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@EUROCOMPULSION
I'm staying tuned for your new piggyback unit. :) Any estimate of its release date? Thanks.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
It will be nice to just have a plug n play and alter the tune as new modifications are added on. Like a catless downpipe and CAI. @EUROCOMPULSION is the hand held being work will have that capability?

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@EUROCOMPULSION
I'm staying tuned for your new piggyback unit. :) Any estimate of its release date? Thanks.
We've got the power booster, which is our own product up for sale at the moment. Gains were very good on the Wrangler.

We've been working with Vaitrix on a new system, but that is something still in development (and no ETA on when or if that comes to fruition).

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be nice to just have a plug n play and alter the tune as new modifications are added on. Like a catless downpipe and CAI. @EUROCOMPULSION is the hand held being work will have that capability?
Yes, and it can do so much more the way we are arranging everything. We've partnered with someone to help make what I wanted to do viable.

It will have the ability to store and flash multiple maps, along with live datalogging which automatically uploads this information to us via a cloud to then make tunes for your specific car. It will have off the shelf maps to choose from (Offroad/Crawling map, Towing map, 87 octane tune, and then Phase 1 for 91/93 octane). But the ability to offer more than just standard maps is going to be great. It also allows users to update to Phase 2 and further development maps or features once we make them.

A PCM unlock is still required, but that is something I can now do here in-house. PCM's are a waiting game and in short supply, so starting out someone will likely have to send their ECU in to be unlocked or they can send their ECU in with a spare to be cloned so the factory ECU stays untouched.

I'll have more info and videos very soon.

rdk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So I actually took another look and the PCM looks to be GPEC5 since the connectors are at the top vs the side. Is that true?

Jeep Wrangler JL JL 2.0L Turbo ECU Tune Development by Eurocompulsion E4390E82-6C7E-4697-BA8C-E4EC65F8FE2B

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, and it can do so much more the way we are arranging everything. We've partnered with someone to help make what I wanted to do viable.

It will have the ability to store and flash multiple maps, along with live datalogging which automatically uploads this information to us via a cloud to then make tunes for your specific car. It will have off the shelf maps to choose from (Offroad/Crawling map, Towing map, 87 octane tune, and then Phase 1 for 91/93 octane). But the ability to offer more than just standard maps is going to be great. It also allows users to update to Phase 2 and further development maps or features once we make them.

A PCM unlock is still required, but that is something I can now do here in-house. PCM's are a waiting game and in short supply, so starting out someone will likely have to send their ECU in to be unlocked or they can send their ECU in with a spare to be cloned so the factory ECU stays untouched.

I'll have more info and videos very soon.
So I actually took another look and the PCM looks to be GPEC5 since the connectors are at the top vs the side. Is that true?

Jeep Wrangler JL JL 2.0L Turbo ECU Tune Development by Eurocompulsion E4390E82-6C7E-4697-BA8C-E4EC65F8FE2B
No, GPEC4 connectors are on the top.

alex_navarro

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
@EUROCOMPULSION Is it worth waiting for the new tune solution you discuss above, or better to get the current ecm tune? If we’re talking by summer, I can wait, but longer than that I’d rather not.

Also, in the 4Xe, does the tune impact the Electric only mode performance? And are you able to adjust parameters that affect how the electric modes work? Thanks.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@EUROCOMPULSION Is it worth waiting for the new tune solution you discuss above, or better to get the current ecm tune? If we’re talking by summer, I can wait, but longer than that I’d rather not.

Also, in the 4Xe, does the tune impact the Electric only mode performance? And are you able to adjust parameters that affect how the electric modes work? Thanks.
No, it won't be that long, within the next month to a few weeks, for real this time.

For the 4Xe, yes and no. Nothing is directly changed to the electric only mode, but there are some indirect changes to the other modes (with the two parts working together) when adjusting performance for the engine only. There are still some things on the 4Xe that I need to monitor, clean up and work on. What we need is a test vehicle or local customer to bring it to the shop to get finished dyno testing and tuning.

Sponsored

alex_navarro

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
No, it won't be that long, within the next month to a few weeks, for real this time.

For the 4Xe, yes and no. Nothing is directly changed to the electric only mode, but there are some indirect changes to the other modes (with the two parts working together) when adjusting performance for the engine only. There are still some things on the 4Xe that I need to monitor, clean up and work on. What we need is a test vehicle or local customer to bring it to the shop to get finished dyno testing and tuning.
It would be great if we could unlock more power in electric mode even if at the expense of a bit less range, but not a huge deal if not. I’m really looking for better responsiveness of the 2.0 ICE.

If we weren’t so far apart I’d be willing to help out, but I’m in Atlanta. Still, if there is a way I can help the development process I’m open to it. I have a 2022 4Xe. Feel free to DM me if you think we can make an arrangement.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would be great if we could unlock more power in electric mode even if at the expense of a bit less range, but not a huge deal if not. I’m really looking for better responsiveness of the 2.0 ICE.

If we weren’t so far apart I’d be willing to help out, but I’m in Atlanta. Still, if there is a way I can help the development process I’m open to it. I have a 2022 4Xe. Feel free to DM me if you think we can make an arrangement.
Thank you, that is much appreciated. I will definitely let you know if there is something we can do remotely for testing.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
The question popped up recently about water meth injection on the 2.0L - with provision for it becoming common on aftermarket charge pipes, is there any possibility of incorporating this into the tune?

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The question popped up recently about water meth injection on the 2.0L - with provision for it becoming common on aftermarket charge pipes, is there any possibility of incorporating this into the tune?
Absolutely yes. There are changes we can make to take advantage of water/meth.

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
@EUROCOMPULSION

Is it possible to change the parameters in the ECM to allow the 2.0 to be mated with a manual transmission? I realize that the engine requires a lot of data from the 8-speed, but I also know that some ECM's have both options built in.
Sponsored