Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Apologies, I didn't see the other thread response. We're not stocking the Vaitrix unit anymore moving forward. We have our own piggyback solution in development,...
Understood, thanks.
Sponsored

Cruzan

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0 etroque
No news on the bigger turbo setup yet, we are working on a few things with protocol development and OBDII tuning before we move on to the turbo exclusively.

Basically, we don't charge for a one-time re-tune or flash, so sending it in after being tuned once won't cost anything (except return shipping). After that, we normally charge $150 for a map revision.

Our beta tester was semi local to us, but the drive was still a bit long for them. They weren't able to come back for etorque dyno results after the car had the tune on for a month or so. However, the initial impressions were the drivability was improved (and roughly the same improvements as the standard). Only difference I initially felt was boost coming on after shifting (at WOT) was a little smoother and consistent with the etorque. They also did some Dragy results to compare, if I recall their 40-100mph was a bit quicker than ours by a couple tenths, and their 0-60 was slightly faster as well.
Great. Thanks for the information.

What methods of shipping do you use?

I am located in the Virgin Islands (US). UPS, FedEx, and DHL have insane rates. The only cost effective method of shipping for us folks down here is thru USPS.

Tyler-98-W68

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe, 2022 Rubicon 4xe
I'd like to know how this piggyback get around PCM/TCM torque management, especially on a GPEC5 vehicle

Since the PCM's are locked and values above stock cause the PCM/TCM torque management to kick in, how dos something like this help.

How do you get around the vehicle pulling the throttle during shifting?

Sahara-vs-Rubicon-HP-Tuners.png

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
Great. Thanks for the information.

What methods of shipping do you use?

I am located in the Virgin Islands (US). UPS, FedEx, and DHL have insane rates. The only cost effective method of shipping for us folks down here is thru USPS.
I think I may have spoken with you via email, in case this isn't the same person, we offer UPS, USPS, DHL, and Fedex (only on special request). We can definitely ship via USPS, it will likely be the most efficient option to the Virgin Islands (as they still treat it for the most part as a domestic shipment).

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to know how this piggyback get around PCM/TCM torque management, especially on a GPEC5 vehicle

Since the PCM's are locked and values above stock cause the PCM/TCM torque management to kick in, how dos something like this help.

How do you get around the vehicle pulling the throttle during shifting?

Sahara-vs-Rubicon-HP-Tuners.png
Just to be clear, we're using ECU tuning (not a piggyback). So these problems (at least on the GPEC4) are moot, as we can change anything.

But on an ECU that doesn't have flash tuning available yet, the answer is that it cannot get around it.

You will only be able to alter the boost signal up to a point before torque limiters come into play. Both because of boost margin limitation but also because of torque management as well. However the torque management is a bit more flexible, because it looks at values based on percentages of a certain normalized number.

For example, let's say that the torque management map allows for 94% of requested torque at WOT. Those percentages are based on a normalized number, which usually is not set directly at the factory quoted torque, it's usually higher. There's also an indicated torque limiter model that it compares to what it thinks is the actual torque, and manages this output based on the percentage of torque allowed with the indicated numbers. The indicated torque map also shows higher numbers that are different at various mass air flow and turbo/cylinder pressures, etc. In stock form, it's putting out less boost, therefore takes 94% of a number lower on the indicated torque scale. As that increases, it takes 94% of a higher number up the scale. At a certain point though, without changing any of these values it will hit a wall and run into multiple fixed limiters.

Basically there is some wiggle room, but not very much. You're very limited with the margins.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tyler-98-W68

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was, before we stopped using it and did ECU tuning. We don't sell a piggyback for this car at this time. Do you have a GPEC5 ECU (I'm assuming yes)?
That's correct 2021 4xe with the 2.0t GPEC5,

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's correct 2021 4xe with the 2.0t GPEC5,
You should send me a photo of your ECU on the car.

I'm not so sure you have a GPEC5. We had a local 4XE here (was a 2021), and the ECU looks exactly like the GPEC4.

Tyler-98-W68

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should send me a photo of your ECU on the car.

I'm not so sure you have a GPEC5. We had a local 4XE here (was a 2021), and the ECU looks exactly like the GPEC4.
I can do that......I also had a 2022 4xe as well, however since HP Tuners supports GPEC4 (and I use HP Tuners) neither of them would read or identify the PCM/TCM in either vehicle.

2022-Rubicon-4xe-HP-Tuners-blurred.jpg

4xe-software.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can do that......I also had a 2022 4xe as well, however since HP Tuners supports GPEC4 (and I use HP Tuners) neither of them would read or identify the PCM/TCM in either vehicle.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL 2.0L Turbo ECU Tune Development by Eurocompulsion 4xe-software

Jeep Wrangler JL JL 2.0L Turbo ECU Tune Development by Eurocompulsion 4xe-software
Normally to at least get a read (and I've done this with HP Tuners and other equipment) you've got to have a bypass on the SGW module. Definitely to write, and to write obviously the PCM has to be unlocked first. But I believe the SGW module still disrupts the read (and any communication, even ID). It does not on the Alfa (it will at least allow identifying), but it would not on the Wrangler.

Tyler-98-W68

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I"ve got the SGW module installed

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I"ve got the SGW module installed
Send me a photo of the body of the ECU (if you can get that angle) and I can confirm.

It may be that this particular ECU has to be read off the car.

rdk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm definitely interested in your tune and if it will work well on the 4Xe platform. RaceChip apparently has offered their piggyback tune for the 4XE and are claiming 30HP and 60TQ. Their Dyno test on their YouTube channel showed 24WHP and 24WTQ.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL 2.0L Turbo ECU Tune Development by Eurocompulsion 1677273071014

rdk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Send me a photo of the body of the ECU (if you can get that angle) and I can confirm.

It may be that this particular ECU has to be read off the car.
Here is a picture of mine. Does it tell you its GPEC5?

Jeep Wrangler JL JL 2.0L Turbo ECU Tune Development by Eurocompulsion 8E32FE5F-0E02-41DC-AC3B-1BF31D89A26F
Sponsored