JL 2.0 turbo with rust color antifreeze

Willys4x4

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler willys
Hey Jeep fam I have a 2020 wrangler jlu with 2.0 turbo without generator. It’s got about 13k miles and I was doing the usual inspections of liquids and notice my radiator antifreeze reservoir dip stick was pretty much dry so I peeked inside and noticed the reservoir was really low and had this rust color to it. My experience as mechanic tells me this is bad and could possibly mean blown head gasket to bad antifreeze. Has anyone looked inside their reservoir and noticed this, or had this same issue? Haven’t gone to dealer yet.

8007DC34-41A8-4690-BB06-B5173EE36176.jpeg

B68863BE-A6FD-44CD-9EA2-6FB514EBAFDA.jpeg
Sponsored

mokeefe

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Looks normal - newer Jeeps use OAT coolant which is orange. Whatever you do, do not mix in regular green antifreeze which will turn into a gel when combined with OAT antifreeze.

OP
OP

Willys4x4

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler willys
Looks normal - newer Jeeps use OAT coolant which is orange. Whatever you do, do not mix in regular green antifreeze which will turn into a gel when combined with OAT antifreeze.
Everywhere I read it says it’s supposed to be purple. But yeah I wouldn’t do that I seen the sludge in other coolant systems when you mix them.
Sponsored