Sponsored

JKV - 115V Auxiliary Power Outlet

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Just want to be safe and ask then be sorry that i didn't. Some guys last week were at a light parade and they say they didn't go over the 150 and were blowing fuses but who knows if thy were over or not. they say they weren't. thought i would ask and be safe then sorry later. i did ask someone who works for jeep yesterday and he said i would be OK as long as i dont go over. it will just cut off the lights before it blows a fuse he said.so i guess we go with it. Just.want to use it for something other then just laptops and cell phones
The good news is the fuses are a few cents. Just grab a few and don't worry so much. :)
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The good news is the fuses are a few cents. Just grab a few and don't worry so much. :)
I just don't know what fuses I need and where to get them as far as what kind and where the fuse goes I would like to have a few extra like you said. Do you know what type fuses they are by any chance would never hurt to have extra fuses for anything you know what I mean

drjosh121

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
The location and fuse amperages are noted in the manual. Right around page 408. You go get them from anywhere that sales care stuff. Advance. Pepboys. Walmart. AutoZone.

shotcoach

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I don't think going over-current on these blows a fuse. I think the inverter shuts down and resets itself after some brief period of time - like 20 seconds or something. We tried to use the AC outlet to power an air mattress pump that was too high of a draw last summer. No fuses blown. Just loss of power to the outlet that restored itself. I may be wrong though.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I don't think going over-current on these blows a fuse. I think the inverter shuts down and resets itself after some brief period of time - like 20 seconds or something. We tried to use the AC outlet to power an air mattress pump that was too high of a draw last summer. No fuses blown. Just loss of power to the outlet that restored itself. I may be wrong though.
Thats what someone told me today. it will not blow a fuse it will shut off and reset it set. but not to keep doing it or it will eventually blow one. I guess whats going to help me is the lights are all LED s and they put out very low watts. I have a 300 watt inverter but will not be using since its to much and i want to just plug in to the outlet. why not. I want to use it for whats it for besides lap tops and cellphones lol

Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
If you put too much load on it, the fuse can fail before the safety system shuts down, _in theory_. Having the fuses doesn't hurt. It's in the owner's manual, they are only a few cents. Page to start looking was mentioned above.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If you put too much load on it, the fuse can fail before the safety system shuts down, _in theory_. Having the fuses doesn't hurt. It's in the owner's manual, they are only a few cents. Page to start looking was mentioned above.
Thanks
Sponsored