Sponsored

JKV - 115V Auxiliary Power Outlet

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Anyone know what amperage this outlet can handle?
Where is it located within the cabin?
Sponsored

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
It's located on the back of the center console.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure I read 150 watts so no much more than an amp.

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Is there a way to replace the unit with something larger and maintain the stock wiring?

Where is the inverter module located? Is it just underneath the center console, so there is a short distance to the outlet plug?

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
Out of curiousity, what are you trying to power?

I wouldn't expect to be able to do much more with the stock wiring and fuse. My hunch is that adding a second inverter would be a better value (get to keep use of existing inverter and add to a possibly more desirable location). If you don't need huge power, maybe utilize the 40 amp aux switch?

I'd assume the stock unit will give pretty clean power for electronics. With a second one for powering tools you could probably get away with a dirtier/cheaper per watt inverter.

Sponsored

JKelso

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
It is 115V and 150W. I have the Sport S and it does not have it. Does anyone know if the harness is in the console if I add the USB and Duplex outlet?

Pipebndr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1943 Ford GPW 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Automotive business owner, ASE Master Tech
92D63EAB-28BB-4DA4-ACEB-43B95971C7A6.jpeg
1.3 amps at 115 volts

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
It is 115V and 150W. I have the Sport S and it does not have it. Does anyone know if the harness is in the console if I add the USB and Duplex outlet?
No the harness’ for the usb and or the 115 outlet aren’t there in the sport or sport s. I added dual usb and 12 volt to the rear of the console on mine. Check the interior exterior mods for the link.

JKelso

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
No the harness’ for the usb and or the 115 outlet aren’t there in the sport or sport s. I added dual usb and 12 volt to the rear of the console on mine. Check the interior exterior mods for the link.
I did the same for my '17 JK. Just wanted to stay more stock on the electrical if I could. May wait for the harness to be available.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I'm doing a Christmas parade and want to run Christmas lights. The box of 50 string of lights LEDs are 4.8 Watts. So let's say 5 watts per box I want to run 20 strings lights that would be a 100 Watts with the LEDs. So I'll have everything going into extension cords have the main power strip plugged in the back of that console on my JL as long as I don't hit a hundred fifty Watts I won't blow anything are y'all sure I'd hate to blow fuses in my Jeep ?some people go buy a battery and hook it in the back I don't want to have to go buy a battery for a one-time parade. I don't need any use for the battery after that. Going to cost too much anyway for all the lights and the toy cuz it's actually a toy drive also we're giving toys out two kids and everyone will have Christmas lig. so anyone tell me I'm sorry I'm not educated on this so I'm sound stupid asking these questions sorry but can I run 20 strings of Lights which would be a thousand lights and it would be about a hundred Watts. I think I'm doing the math right but I'll be okay?

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
can someone answer me if I stay at a hundred Watts with my LED Christmas lights I should be okay right? I won't blow any fuses or do any damage? It says 150 Watts LED lights don't burn much so I should be okay and not doing damage right if I stay at 100 watts ?

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
can someone answer me if I stay at a hundred Watts with my LED Christmas lights I should be okay right? I won't blow any fuses or do any damage? It says 150 Watts LED lights don't burn much so I should be okay and not doing damage right if I stay at 100 watts ?
100W < 150W, which is what it's rated at according to the owners manual. I'm not sure what you are asking/worried about.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I did the same for my '17 JK. Just wanted to stay more stock on the electrical if I could. May wait for the harness to be available.
100W < 150W, which is what it's rated at according to the owners manual. I'm not sure what you are asking/worried about.
I was wanting to know if plug in a bunch of Christmas lights in the outlet behind the console that are led and add up to about 100 watts will i be OK on not blowing any fuses or it getting hot and doing any damage ? isnt that what is for besides just lap top computers and cell phones ?

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
You can plug in anything you want rated for AC at that voltage, that has a draw below 150W. You said your lights add up to 100W, which is below 150W, so I don't see any reason why you'd have an issue. Why do you think you would?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You can plug in anything you want rated for AC at that voltage, that has a draw below 150W. You said your lights add up to 100W, which is below 150W, so I don't see any reason why you'd have an issue. Why do you think you would?
Just want to be safe and ask then be sorry that i didn't. Some guys last week were at a light parade and they say they didn't go over the 150 and were blowing fuses but who knows if thy were over or not. they say they weren't. thought i would ask and be safe then sorry later. i did ask someone who works for jeep yesterday and he said i would be OK as long as i dont go over. it will just cut off the lights before it blows a fuse he said.so i guess we go with it. Just.want to use it for something other then just laptops and cell phones
Sponsored