Sponsored

JKS Swaybar Links

Little Willis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Hey there forum members what do you think of the JKS brand of Swaybar Links.
When I purchased my 2019 JLU that was what was installed and I’m wondering if there are other brands that may be of better quality.
I’ve noticed that when I grease them the old grease does push out from the bushings but definitely not evenly all the way around. If this is normal let me know since I don’t really think it is.
Thanks to all those of you who have replied with ur opinions.
Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Never owned a set, but I have heard nothing but good things about JKS.

Not sure the way the grease is pushing out is an issue, but I’m sure someone will chime in if it is.

If it helps give you peace of mind, JKS is a division of Fox Factory Inc.

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
I have them and they work well. My only complaint is that you need to remove a passenger side bracket to mount them. When I move to a Rock Krawler suspension in the future, I will need to weld the cut off bracket back into place. Easy enough, just more work. Mine are relatively new so I haven't experienced any greasing issues.

Omen

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
JKS links are soilid. These have poly bushings. Depending how the bushing is carrying the load of your rig........grease is going to take the path of least resistance. If you disconnect the swaybar, then add grease.....grease will usually push out all around bushing.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Little Willis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
JKS links are soilid. These have poly bushings. Depending how the bushing is carrying the load of your rig........grease is going to take the path of least resistance. If you disconnect the swaybar, then add grease.....grease will usually push out all around bushing.
Yah so obvious….disconnect it then grease it makes sense. Thanks so much for the advice

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I have them and they work well. My only complaint is that you need to remove a passenger side bracket to mount them. When I move to a Rock Krawler suspension in the future, I will need to weld the cut off bracket back into place. Easy enough, just more work. Mine are relatively new so I haven't experienced any greasing issues.

Omen
Curious why you need to weld it back on. The flange that remains seems stronger than the single driver side tab since the inner mount point on the passenger side since it is boxed with the track bar mount.

or was there another reason other than tab strength that requires adding that second tab back on? (Or am i just completely off in my thinking about the strength of the boxed tab)

cheers

OP -been running JKS on both of my JL,s for 3 years and love them. As mentioned, i like to disconnect them when lubing them.

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
@Terminex

Unless I read and old install manual, the tab is part of the stack in Rock Krawler's end link fastening system. As a spacer, I could leave it alone, but since it's an easy job, I'll just burn it back into place. I anticipated this, so I cut it off with silly thin Dremel cut off disks. Want to know how long that took? Added strength in that area is always welcome.

Omen

*edited for clarity.
Sponsored