Sponsored

JKS, Rock Krawler & Metalcloak 2.5" lifts....

Which 2.5" lift???

• Total voters

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I was wondering if I could do limit straps short term until I replaced the driveshaft.
Yes you can. I did, and only needed one on the drivers side. I mounted it to the lower shock mount and the spring bucket/tower.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sting Gray Rubi

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I'm gonna toss this one in there only for a quick opinion since I ran across this kit lightly used since the owner is going bigger. What little is see, the icon is a soft setup....

Screenshot_20211121-124154_Chrome.jpg

JL 2D

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2-door
Why not Clayton? They seem to be pretty high quality.
+1 to this. I have the Overland Plus 2.5" kit on our 2020 2-door sport, excellent parts, instructions, customer service, everything you need and then some.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Ok, so I'm currently in a dilemma regarding which 2.5" lift yo go with. My JLUR is a dialy road cruiser with occasional weekend trails and mild off-roading. Road comfort and drivability is the ultimate goal with good off-road capabilities, etc. Essentially a lift with the best of both worlds. I plan on running 17" Methods wrapped in 35" Mickey Thompson MTs.

Lifts considered.....👇👇👇

đź’ĄJKS - I've not heard/read too many things about this the J-Venture lift but I like that it has a lot of components with it. Even though I have electronic sway bar disconnect, but I believe you have to be in 4low to disconnect (newbie). This is why I like the quick disconnects in this kit since I'd like to disconnect it 4hi.
Link...👇👇
https://jksmfg.com/collections/wran...ure-wrangler-jl-4-door?variant=39344434053279

đź’ĄMetalcloak - I've read countless testimonials about the true dual rate with rock sport shocks but still unsure about ride quality on the road. And durability of the shocks. I could always opt out of shocks and separately buy a set of Fox, Bilstein, etc
Link...👇👇
https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-2-5-true-dual-rate-suspension-system-lift-kit.html

đź’ĄRock Krawler - I've heard great things about their lifts in general but not much about the 2.5" Adventure System....
Link...👇👇
https://rockkrawler.com/jlu-2-5-inch-adventure-system/

Any suggestions regarding these would be extremely helpful. If you run either of these, please let me know your likes✅ and dislikes❌. Cast your vote on the poll above 👇🙌

Thanks 🙌
If you are worried about how it feel on the road, go Metalcloak. I feel like mine was actually a nicer ride than stock, and a beast off-road.
However, if you are only going to 35’s why lift it ? You can gut the stock Rubicon fenders and they will fit with no other mods. I went with the American Adventure Labs kit for the turn signal and DRL and their inner fender wells. Youcan get 37’s under a Rubicon with their setup. With 2 1/2” lift, I’m guessing 40’s, but I can’t confirm it. Plus they look great, that’s just my opinion.

OP
OP
Sting Gray Rubi

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
If you are worried about how it feel on the road, go Metalcloak. I feel like mine was actually a nicer ride than stock, and a beast off-road.
However, if you are only going to 35’s why lift it ? You can gut the stock Rubicon fenders and they will fit with no other mods. I went with the American Adventure Labs kit for the turn signal and DRL and their inner fender wells. Youcan get 37’s under a Rubicon with their setup. With 2 1/2” lift, I’m guessing 40’s, but I can’t confirm it. Plus they look great, that’s just my opinion.
Mine is a Rubicon. I've come to conclusion that 35s with factory lift and if I go 2-2.5" I'll go 37s. Right now, MC is my top choice for lift.

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Just pulled the trigger on the Metalcloak True Dual 2.5” last night. It was a toss up between them, Clayton and Rock Krawler. Bang for the buck ended up making the choice for me as I couldn’t decide based upon specs and reviews. It was just too close to call. Hopefully I won’t be disappointed, but we’ll see. Probably won’t have time to install it until after the New Year, but I may get really motivated after it shows up and do it sooner.

OP
OP
Sting Gray Rubi

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Just pulled the trigger on the Metalcloak True Dual 2.5” last night. It was a toss up between them, Clayton and Rock Krawler. Bang for the buck ended up making the choice for me as I couldn’t decide based upon specs and reviews. It was just too close to call. Hopefully I won’t be disappointed, but we’ll see. Probably won’t have time to install it until after the New Year, but I may get really motivated after it shows up and do it sooner.
What shocks you go with??

OP
OP
Sting Gray Rubi

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I bought the Fox 2.0’s from Amazon. $576 for the set.
This is likely the exact setup I'll go with....did you opt for the driveshaft?

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
This is likely the exact setup I'll go with....did you opt for the driveshaft?
No. Nobody else advertises a need for a front driveshaft with a 2.5” lift, so I’m going to run the stock one. I’ll likely not push the lift to its full capability anyway, but I’ll probably install limiting straps for now just to be safe. I just need to figure out the proper length and get some ordered.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sting Gray Rubi

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
No. Nobody else advertises a need for a front driveshaft with a 2.5” lift, so I’m going to run the stock one. I’ll likely not push the lift to its full capability anyway, but I’ll probably install limiting straps for now just to be safe. I just need to figure out the proper length and get some ordered.
Awesome, likely my situation as well🙌

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody else advertises the need for ds because their shocks aren’t long enough to be warranted. It’s the extended length of the shock not the lift height that determines the need for ds. Since MC uses the same rocksport shocks for both 2.5 and 3.5 lifts, it’s a good idea to start saving for one.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Nobody else advertises the need for ds because their shocks aren’t long enough to be warranted. It’s the extended length of the shock not the lift height that determines the need for ds. Since MC uses the same rocksport shocks for both 2.5 and 3.5 lifts, it’s a good idea to start saving for one.
Agreed. I opted for the Fox shocks. They’ve got an inch or two less extension. That’s the main reason I’m not too concerned about needing to replace the front shaft at the moment. Limiting straps will add a bit of extra insurance.

OP
OP
Sting Gray Rubi

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Agreed. I opted for the Fox shocks. They’ve got an inch or two less extension. That’s the main reason I’m not too concerned about needing to replace the front shaft at the moment. Limiting straps will add a bit of extra insurance.
Get your lift installed??

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR