Sponsored

JKS, Rock Krawler & Metalcloak 2.5" lifts....

Which 2.5" lift???

• Total voters

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
AEV
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i recommend JKS. I've installed two of these kits and i love it. American made, good customer service and the kits on road behavior. i got the heavy duty coils with my frnt and rear bumpers i love the more truck like ride. I recommend getting a set of st3.3 falcon shocks as well. This kit gives good flex a nice off road drive as well. i ordered through Northridge 4x4 you can get it with the lower control arms. i ran the JKS mono shocks they got me by until i could save for a good set of falcons. well worth it

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/2-5in-lifts/jspec121k-jks-j-rated-5-2-5in-lift-kit-w-jspec-shocks

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...3-fast-adjust-piggyback-shocks-2in-4-5in-lift

dont forget the forum discount! and with black Friday coming up might be a good time to get your lift best of luck in your choice

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
I love the flex of the MC springs along with the durability and low maintenance arms but the RK springs have a almost sports car ride. Had a JKS lift on a TJ that was nice but no experience with JL or even JK platforms.

Hybrid system would be my vote!

OP
OP
Sting Gray Rubi

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Have you watched Trail Recon's lift kit comparison on YouTube yet? He puts 6 different lifts on 6 identical stock Rubis. Great overview.
Yes I did. Great video!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sting Gray Rubi

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Based on the jeep being primarily a daily driver with some mild offroading, I vote none of the above. This is especially true of you experience winter weather where you live. The listed kits will require upkeep and maintaining the joints etc.

With mild offroading extreme manipulation of the joints isn't necessary. Not worth the hassle of upkeep. Go with a maintenance free kit.

The Mopar kit has a great ride quality for on road and is more than capable for mild offroading. Add an adjustable front trackbar and a set of geometry brackets. The ride will be just as good as stock while being more capable offroad.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Here is the recommendation of a professional for a daily driver Jeep with moderate off-road use.

He installs dozens of lifts every week —hope the link works:

https://www.wranglerforum.com/threa...il-lift-recommendation.2381303/#post-34570017
Yeah he is right. All of the kits you listed are great, but are designed more for flex (not sure on the JKS though). MetalCloak is also designed to be under load as well. So if choosing those 3 look at the RK. But running 35's on those lifts you are likely to end up with a little more wheel well gap than you might like. Same goes for AEV (great kit, but designed for heavy loads). Mopar you are going to need the Mopar LCA's probably and front/rear track bar. So you are getting to close to 2k in cost most likely. Same goes for the Dynatrac Endurosport kit in getting closer to 2k. I'd say a spacer kit would work just fine and you can still wheel plenty with it as long as you aren't crazy rock crawling. I wheeled my JK on some pretty difficult trails in CO and UT and had no issues with spacers. Even had people ask what kit I was running since I had so much flex.

It's funny on here as everyone always just jumps into pick what they are running without giving any other options that are best suited for you actually.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny on here as everyone always just jumps into pick what they are running without giving any other options that are best suited for you actually.
Yup. That’s the key issue with these forum “polls.” They provide a head count of who got what, not necessarily a recommendation of what is best suited for a fellow member.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently the lift kit that the professional recommended wasn't all that great. I clicked on his link and it's been discontinued.
Half the things out there have been discontinued for one reason or another.

As the posts above indicate, popularity does not always mean “best.”

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
PS - I asked the OP of that recommendation thread to update the link with a suitable daily driver lift replacement.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Half the things out there have been discontinued for one reason or another.

As the posts above indicate, popularity does not always mean “best.”
Agreed, but typically items that sell well and make money don't get discontinued. I'm just guessing that this particular lift did neither.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, but typically items that sell well and make money don't get discontinued. I'm just guessing that this particular lift did neither.
We shall see. Pro Comp got most of its stuff from China. There are all kinds of funny business going on with supply lines in China right now.

See my post above. Hopefully the OP con recommend a suitable replacement kit.
Sponsored