Sponsored

JKS Lift Kit help

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
So because the Mopar lifts are in high demand, my local dealerships are all back ordered. I started looking around and found these: https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-manufacturing/25-heavy-duty-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door

2.5" JKS Heavy Duty Lift. I was just wondering if anybody has had experience using these lifts either on their JLs or JKs. How was the ride quality for on and off road use? When people installed these lifts on their JLs was there any calibration done on the headlights? My JLU is a daily driver, but I'm also turning it into an overland vehicle for our summer camping adventures. If these aren't good, does anyone have any suggestions on other manfuactuarers? Remember daily driver and overland camping. Not rock crawling are my purpose. Thanks everyone looking forward to reading everyone's input.
Sponsored

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
So because the Mopar lifts are in high demand, my local dealerships are all back ordered. I started looking around and found these: https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-manufacturing/25-heavy-duty-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door

2.5" JKS Heavy Duty Lift. I was just wondering if anybody has had experience using these lifts either on their JLs or JKs. How was the ride quality for on and off road use? When people installed these lifts on their JLs was there any calibration done on the headlights? My JLU is a daily driver, but I'm also turning it into an overland vehicle for our summer camping adventures. If these aren't good, does anyone have any suggestions on other manfuactuarers? Remember daily driver and overland camping. Not rock crawling are my purpose. Thanks everyone looking forward to reading everyone's input.
That version of the kit is using spacers for caster adjustment which require you to slot (grind out) the front lower control arm mounting holes. That seems like a tough to reverse shortcut and doesn't seem desirable when there are a number of adjustable front control arms available.

Also, if it's a daily driver, HD springs might not be a good choice for you.

If you aren't doing rock crawling the Quicker Disconnects are maybe not a lot of value to you.

Maybe look at the Rock Krawler Series 1 Adventure or EVO Stage 2 Overland kits.

Headlight realignment will depend on the stance of the Wrangler more so than the height. That depends on the kit and the load. My Jeep is much heavier in the front than stock but about the same weight in the rear so the stance of mine after the lift ended up a bit nose down. When loaded up for camping it should level out.

OP
OP
CashMonkey

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
That version of the kit is using spacers for caster adjustment which require you to slot (grind out) the front lower control arm mounting holes. That seems like a tough to reverse shortcut and doesn't seem desirable when there are a number of adjustable front control arms available.

Also, if it's a daily driver, HD springs might not be a good choice for you.

If you aren't doing rock crawling the Quicker Disconnects are maybe not a lot of value to you.

Maybe look at the Rock Krawler Series 1 Adventure or EVO Stage 2 Overland kits.

Headlight realignment will depend on the stance of the Wrangler more so than the height. That depends on the kit and the load. My Jeep is much heavier in the front than stock but about the same weight in the rear so the stance of mine after the lift ended up a bit nose down. When loaded up for camping it should level out.
Sweet thanks I'll look into those 2 lifts. :like::like:
Sponsored