Sponsored

JKS 2.5" JSpec Suspension kit - Any real world reviews/experience out there? Now w/first impressions

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Did you install the HD springs or standard? Also, which shocks did you go with.
Thanks!
I went with the HD springs and King 2.5's with adjusters but the kit I bought came with their standard shocks because I planned on getting the King's.

Jeep Wrangler JL JKS 2.5" JSpec Suspension kit - Any real world reviews/experience out there? Now w/first impressions Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 4.31.30 PM
Jeep Wrangler JL JKS 2.5" JSpec Suspension kit - Any real world reviews/experience out there? Now w/first impressions Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 4.31.17 PM
Sponsored

Llkindt

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu sport s
I went with the HD springs and King 2.5's with adjusters but the kit I bought came with their standard shocks because I planned on getting the King's.

Jeep Wrangler JL JKS 2.5" JSpec Suspension kit - Any real world reviews/experience out there? Now w/first impressions Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 4.31.17 PM
Thanks! Those King's look awesome, how's the ride? Also if you get around to it can you give me a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the front door. Thanks again, looks great!

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Thanks! Those King's look awesome, how's the ride? Also if you get around to it can you give me a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the front door. Thanks again, looks great!
The Jeep rides amazingly well after swapping to the King's. I had some time to run the JKS 2.5" HD kit with their standard shocks on the street on on the trail prior to swapping to the King's - and it's a night and day difference. On the street I run the King's on their firmest setting and it's still a huge improvement over the standard monotube stuff.

The first time I got the King's on dirt I left them on their firmest setting just as a baseline. The King's definitely provide the scenario of "the faster you go the smoother it is" which is an interesting thing on a Jeep with a solid front axle. On the slower and more technical stuff there's a lot less sway back and forth and that was on setting 3. If anyone has the funds to upgrade to these shocks I highly recommend it...but they are pricey. FWIW, I got the custom-valved ones from EVO.

I'll take those measurements for you when I'm back home and the Jeep is in the garage later today. My measurements will be a little off from what others may be seeing with the JKS 2.5" kit as I'm running a 1/2" Teraflex coil spacer in the rear so keep that in mind (but it still fits in my garage...but just barely with the 7' door).

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Just got that measurement for you - from the ground to the bottom of the front door (right in the middle of the door) it measures exactly 28.25"

Llkindt

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu sport s
Just got that measurement for you - from the ground to the bottom of the front door (right in the middle of the door) it measures exactly 28.25"
Thanks for the info. Jes, those King's are pricey .

Sponsored

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
I see this is a old thread but I’ll ask anyways.
I plan to get the JKS 2.5” suspension lift with Fox 2.0 adventure series shocks and the JSPEC HD coil springs. I have a 2020 JLUS 2.0L with stock wheels (17”) and 285/70/17 Mickey Thompson ATZP3’s. I don’t want to change my wheel/tire setup anytime soon and would like a shop to install this kit. Would I need to switch to wheels with a different offset or have the shop cut any parts to make room for the kit? My Jeep is a daily driver and sees some rough trails in Oregon a couple times a month. Any recommendations on a lift kit (under $2500ish) would be appreciated.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I see this is a old thread but I’ll ask anyways.
I plan to get the JKS 2.5” suspension lift with Fox 2.0 adventure series shocks and the JSPEC HD coil springs. I have a 2020 JLUS 2.0L with stock wheels (17”) and 285/70/17 Mickey Thompson ATZP3’s. I don’t want to change my wheel/tire setup anytime soon and would like a shop to install this kit. Would I need to switch to wheels with a different offset or have the shop cut any parts to make room for the kit? My Jeep is a daily driver and sees some rough trails in Oregon a couple times a month. Any recommendations on a lift kit (under $2500ish) would be appreciated.
No ma’am. No modification necessary to fit the kit. I had a 3.5” JKS lift on my last JLU, and I am awaiting a 2.5” kit (any day now, two months!) for my current JLUR. Both are 2.0T. Wheel offset should be totally unaffected by a lift kit.

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
No ma’am. No modification necessary to fit the kit. I had a 3.5” JKS lift on my last JLU, and I am awaiting a 2.5” kit (any day now, two months!) for my current JLUR. Both are 2.0T. Wheel offset should be totally unaffected by a lift kit.
Thanks! I’d go with the 3.5” but that means bigger tires/ wider wheels, new axles and regearing etc..

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I’d go with the 3.5” but that means bigger tires/ wider wheels, new axles and regearing etc..
Tara, I just found out I should have my kit the first week of January, and installed shortly thereafter! Good luck with yours!

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Tara, I just found out I should have my kit the first week of January, and installed shortly thereafter! Good luck with yours!
Sounds great and I’d love to see some photos after! I may wait until I get my tax refund in April so it may be awhile but it’ll be worth the wait!

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds great and I’d love to see some photos after! I may wait until I get my tax refund in April so it may be awhile but it’ll be worth the wait!
I will post pics if you do too! 🙂

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Here is an example of the flex of the 3.5” JKS kit, from yesterday. A bunch of us Florida folks from this forum went on a trail ride yesterday. @Roky, thanks for the pics, and hosting us again for the ride!

You still running g JKS? Did you get a chance to ride with Roky in his RK setup?

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
You still running g JKS? Did you get a chance to ride with Roky in his RK setup?
Yes, still running JKS, and yes, I’ve ridden with @Roky a few times. I will let Roky tell you how well my rigs did with the JKS lift 😉

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, still running JKS, and yes, I’ve ridden with @Roky a few times. I will let Roky tell you how well my rigs did with the JKS lift 😉
I think we only wheeled once together with your lift on, and it was on your sport. It performed really well. The other two times I think you were stock, which you also performed very well, especially up rubicant hill……🤣.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I think we only wheeled once together with your lift on, and it was on your sport. It performed really well. The other two times I think you were stock, which you also performed very well, especially up rubicant hill……🤣.
I've been going back and forth, what would you say would make choose JKS j kontrol 2.5 over RK adventure series 2.5 and vice versa for someone whos a weekend warrior, but mainly on road. Currently running stock rubi susp on my sport jlu @Wabujitsu @Roky., thanks fellas
Sponsored