Sponsored

JKS 2.5" JSpec Suspension kit - Any real world reviews/experience out there? Now w/first impressions

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've been going back and forth, what would you say would make choose JKS j kontrol 2.5 over RK adventure series 2.5 and vice versa for someone whos a weekend warrior, but mainly on road. Currently running stock rubi susp on my sport jlu @Wabujitsu @Roky., thanks fellas
Man, Lito, you definitely win the prize for the most research before a lift everā€¦.. šŸ¤£ ā€¦ā€¦. Iā€™ve seen you in about every thread, new and old, lolā€¦ā€¦

For me , I donā€™t have anything against JKS, they are a great ā€œmade in Americaā€company. I just donā€™t like their approach to caster correction with cam bolts in some of their lifts. Never been a fan of cam bolts no matter what lift.

My main reasons for going with RK was I liked their approach to high clearance with their control arms, I like greasable/rebuildable joints, and I knew my end game was long arms, and at the time, almost 4 years ago now, only RK and Teraflex offered long armsā€¦.. so that eliminated MC, Clayton, JKS, AEV, Dynatrac, etc, etc....

Bottom line IMHO, canā€™t go wrong either way with what you want to doā€¦ā€¦
Now pick one and g-r-done damn itā€¦..šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Man, Lito, you definitely win the prize for the most research before a lift everā€¦.. šŸ¤£ ā€¦ā€¦. Iā€™ve seen you in about every thread, new and old, lolā€¦ā€¦

For me , I donā€™t have anything against JKS, they are a great ā€œmade in Americaā€company. I just donā€™t like their approach to caster correction with cam bolts in some of their lifts. Never been a fan of cam bolts no matter what lift.

My main reasons for going with RK was I liked their approach to high clearance with their control arms, I like greasable/rebuildable joints, and I knew my end game was long arms, and at the time, almost 4 years ago now, only RK and Teraflex offered long armsā€¦.. so that eliminated MC, Clayton, JKS, AEV, Dynatrac, etc, etc....

Bottom line IMHO, canā€™t go wrong either way with what you want to doā€¦ā€¦
Now pick one and g-r-done damn itā€¦..šŸ˜Ž
I think I got arthritis from gathering intel lol...appreciate you sir RK Roky

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I've been going back and forth, what would you say would make choose JKS j kontrol 2.5 over RK adventure series 2.5 and vice versa for someone whos a weekend warrior, but mainly on road. Currently running stock rubi susp on my sport jlu @Wabujitsu @Roky., thanks fellas
I know nothing about RK, and I knew nothing about JKS, or any lift kit (other than opinions on the internet) before I got my first JKS lift. Soā€¦I went with my mechanicā€™s recommendation, as he is experienced and I trust him.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I think I got arthritis from gathering intel lol...appreciate you sir RK Roky
I would DEFINITELY go with @Roky ā€˜s opinion over mine. He is FAR more knowledgeable about these things! Iā€™m just a better driver šŸ¤£

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I would DEFINITELY go with @Roky ā€˜s opinion over mine. He is FAR more knowledgeable about these things! Iā€™m just a better driver šŸ¤£
Reminds of the line from Days of Thunderā€¦..
ā€œ they just told me get in the car and driveā€¦. I could driveā€ ā€¦ā€¦.. šŸ¤£

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds of the line from Days of Thunderā€¦..
ā€œ they just told me get in the car and driveā€¦. I could driveā€ ā€¦ā€¦.. šŸ¤£
šŸ¤£ I love and miss you, brother!

CptKirk

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon codiesel
Just had the venture hd jks kit installed with fox shocks and some currie front lower control arms. It drives like a champ on the couple of county roads ive had a chance to take it and on regular roads. Cant wait to really get out there when things open up

3617669D-393F-49BD-8662-00226B11AEDF.jpeg

E617E42C-BABC-41D2-94AB-C967B0F6DAFE.jpeg

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Clayton lift kit that I swapped out the springs for jks and Iā€™m very happy with it. jks springs and fox shocks. If I would have known I would have gone with a full jks lift from the get go. HD front STD rear springs as jks sells them that way for a diesel.

EF5EF47F-04CD-4AE5-A613-4185952E1418.jpeg

21ECEC33-758C-4828-8BC1-93356282C7D1.jpeg

itsbeenfunmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Govt Contractor
I have a Clayton lift kit that I swapped out the springs for jks and Iā€™m very happy with it. jks springs and fox shocks. If I would have known I would have gone with a full jks lift from the get go. HD front STD rear springs as jks sells them that way for a diesel.

Jeep Wrangler JL JKS 2.5" JSpec Suspension kit - Any real world reviews/experience out there? Now w/first impressions 21ECEC33-758C-4828-8BC1-93356282C7D1

Jeep Wrangler JL JKS 2.5" JSpec Suspension kit - Any real world reviews/experience out there? Now w/first impressions 21ECEC33-758C-4828-8BC1-93356282C7D1
Hi Rob,

Lift looks great! Whatā€™s your measurement now from shock eye - eye upfront and rear? Also which springs did you get? 2.5 or 3.5ā€?

Thanks!

Im looking to add minimal lift required to cycle 37s and eventually 40s. So no more than 3ā€ lift is what Iā€™d want.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

Lift looks great! Whatā€™s your measurement now from shock eye - eye upfront and rear? Also which springs did you get? 2.5 or 3.5ā€?

Thanks!

Im looking to add minimal lift required to cycle 37s and eventually 40s. So no more than 3ā€ lift is what Iā€™d want.
Sorry I no longer own that vehicle. It was 2.5 diesel springs from Jks

Sponsored