JK Winter Tires on JL Sahara?

josh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
I never had winter tires for my 2014 JKU Rubicon, but I think I'll pick some up for my JLU Sahara. Just north of Toronto and drive to Northern Ontario often.
I'd like to pick some up off Kijiji on rims, but there's nothing for the JL. I think the JK ones will fit, all I'll need is some special lug nuts?
Can anybody clear this up a bit for me?
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
The stock JK wheels will interchange with the JL's/w new NARROWER lugnuts--

The JK wheels have stud holes with Clearance for the JK;s M12 studs and when attaching to the JL the STOCK JL LUG NUTS "CAN WORK", but should be M14x1.5 NARROW, OR "SPLINE" LUG NUTS

Good luck

JIMBO

OP
OP
josh

josh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
You're a good man, Jimbo.

Thanks for the help!

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
YUP, that's exactly what I'm using on these 16x8 ProComp alloys off my '08 JKUR, they work perfect and are NARROW ENOUGH to easily engage the wheels lug stud clearance hole for the JK M12 x 1.5--
SUNP0090_zpsnce0wwpb.jpg

I've since installed new ProComp Alloys/w the M14 x 1.5 lug studs and even though they are RED, they're the same "SPLINE LUG NUT"
SUNP0225_zpsipkvcmlt.jpg

A word of caution-----when using the "SPLINE LUG SOCKET"--don't use an impact gun and be very careful you keep the socket/torque wrench at exactly 90 deg--do not apply torque SLOPPILY to those nuts, they are strong enough, but the "SPLINE LUG SOCKET" is heat treated and will CRACK if applied sloppy !

Can ya digit ??

Good luck

JIMBO
Sponsored