JK Vs JL Sarge Green....Different?

Wrongful Suspicion

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
So I am seeing some pictures of JK's and the Green is, I dont want to say horrible, but baby poopish. The Sarge Green on the JL seems Darker and Deeper. Was there a difference or is there an additional green for certain years of JK? Im having serious second thoughts about the Sarge. Somedays I love it...some days I can tell and I have about a month to decide before they finalize my order...
I mean you can find examples of the JL sarge green online. There’s lots out there. My opinion? You should go for it. I did. It’s the best color in my opinion. The only thing that would have made my decision difficult would be if they offered the gator color available on the JT’s or the copper color from years back. Sarge is such a great color. Pics don’t really do it justice, you really should try to see it in person as it is just stunning. Almost black in the shade and a totally different color in The sun.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Sarge Green is not listed as a 2021 color any where. But there are plenty of 2021 Sarge Green JL's on dealer lots.
Saw the post after...but based on my garage I know it was available in October as well. I didn't order, so I can't speak to that.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
So I am seeing some pictures of JK's and the Green is, I dont want to say horrible, but baby poopish. The Sarge Green on the JL seems Darker and Deeper. Was there a difference or is there an additional green for certain years of JK? Im having serious second thoughts about the Sarge. Somedays I love it...some days I can tell and I have about a month to decide before they finalize my order...
I see that you went with the Sarge Green, any regrets? I'm in the same situation as you :)

Thanks

Sponsored

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
So many different shades of green jeeps! I like my 2010 Rescue Green metallic paint. I was going to go with Sarge Green this time but not an option on 4XE Rubicon. Then I wanted Silver and it was discontinued before I ordered. Went with Granite tho Sting Grey was a consideration. Given the heritage from WWII, I think green is a natural Jeep wrangler color.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
So many different shades of green jeeps! I like my 2010 Rescue Green metallic paint. I was going to go with Sarge Green this time but not an option on 4XE Rubicon. Then I wanted Silver and it was discontinued before I ordered. Went with Granite tho Sting Grey was a consideration. Given the heritage from WWII, I think green is a natural Jeep wrangler color.
Rescue Green is one of the best colors Jeep ever offered. I’d love to see it make a comeback.

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

rob28

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr Willys. 2021.
The reason Sarge wasn't coming up in searches for the 2016 JK's was because it was only painted on the 75th anniversary edition models in 2016. Sarge was a limited color specifically for that "special" model.

2016 75th Anniversary JKU:
Jeep Wrangler JL JK Vs JL Sarge Green....Different? 1627185966431

2020 JLUR:
Jeep Wrangler JL JK Vs JL Sarge Green....Different? 1627185966431

C&D review of the 2016 75th Ann JKU: https://www.caranddriver.com/review...rangler-75th-anniversary-edition-test-review/
That JK is the whole reason my wife wanted a Wrangler - she fell in love with the 75th edition in Sarge but by the time we mulled things over it was too late.
So we got an Ocean Blue JL in 2018 and have loved it - but then we saw Sarge was back and so was the Willys edition, hence why we’re now waiting for the Sarge to arrive.
Sponsored