Sponsored

JK to JL compatibility listing

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Mopar brush bar from JK steel bumper Rubi will not mount to JL steel bumper Rubi.
Sponsored

Ruiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Drive shaft interchangeability? I noticed that MetalCloak has the same part number for their 2012 and up JK front DS as their JL front DS. Does this mean the Teraflex JK high angle Rzeppa will work on the JL? I do have an old 2 door JK front DS, so I could check, but I'm too busy typing right now...

Inquiring minds want to know...
Did you ever find out if JK driveshafts are interchangeable?

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Hood hinge and door hinge bolt patterns? Are they the same? Not the actual hinges, just the patterns. Tons of stuff available for JK that bolt here, if the distance is the same I wouldn't mind modding a bit to get stuff to fit the Jl.

Anyone?

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!?!!?

Sponsored

18jlsahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler sahara, 2016 Jeep Cerokee, 1992 Jeep Wrangler
Anyone know if a jk stock steel bumper will fit on a jL? I am finding the jk steel bumper is alot cheaper than the jL steel bumper but looks the same

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I got the hard rock/10th anniversary bumper to fit pretty easily, I wallowed out the holes on my JL and put the strengthening plates between the JL mount and the bumper (since the JL didn’t use any) to push it out slightly. I now think I might have just been able to swap tow hooks instead of making the holes bigger. I used my plastic bumper fog light harness and put its LED fog lights in the bumper (I already had the light adapters). Skid plate fit and protects the sway bar disconnect although I had to make adapters to mount the bottom to the hangy down part of the JL where the brace of the plastic bumper connected.

9D550EE3-7B17-4AEB-A172-B12C5CD0CFE3.jpeg

Last edited:

18jlsahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the hard rock/10th anniversary bumper to fit pretty easily, I wallowed out the holes on my JL and put the strengthening plates between the JL mount and the bumper (since the JL didn’t use any) to push it out slightly. I now think I might have just been able to swap tow hooks instead of making the holes bigger. I used my plastic bumper fog light harness and put its LED fog lights in the bumper (I already had the light adapters). Skid plate fit and protects the sway bar disconnect although I had to make adapters to mount the bottom to the hangy down part of the JL where the brace of the plastic bumper connected.

9D550EE3-7B17-4AEB-A172-B12C5CD0CFE3.jpeg
Where did you get the strenghtening plates and the light adapters?

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Where did you get the strenghtening plates and the light adapters?
The Maximus-3 stinger came with everything, but the frame connector to strengthen the stinger didn’t fit. I plan to modify it or fab a new one, but haven’t had time yet. I used my hard rock fog light mount plates that I got to replace the halogen fog lights it came with. I did have to snip off one side mounting tabs of my JL fog lights to get them to fit. The other side mount to the adapter bracket. I got that on eBay (as I did the hard rock bumper - I think I probably spend too much time there looking for Jeep parts).

Last edited:

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L
Factory rear hitch mounts the same JK to JL so in someone’s case where they didn’t add the towin package and had one laying around off a JK this would work. Was confirmed by Hauck Off-road on their Facebook video.
Thanks!!! Just saved me $70 on a tow hitch for my cargo basket

Sponsored

18jlsahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Maximus-3 stinger came with everything, but the frame connector to strengthen the stinger didn’t fit. I plan to modify it or fab a new one, but haven’t had time yet. I used my hard rock fog light mount plates that I got to replace the halogen fog lights it came with. I did have to snip off one side mounting tabs of my JL fog lights to get them to fit. The other side mount to the adapter bracket. I got that on eBay (as I did the hard rock bumper - I think I probably spend too much time there looking for Jeep parts).
Thanks for the advise I found a hardrock bumper on facebook market and jumped on it. bumper fit perfectly. Could you post a picture of how you put the skid plate on. thank you for trying it out for us first

18jlsahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the advise I found a hardrock bumper on facebook market and jumped on it. bumper fit perfectly. Could you post a picture of how you adapted the skid plate to work. thank you for trying it out for us first

The Goose

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition, 2018 JLU Sport S
Anybody test if JL shocks work on a JK?

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the advise I found a hardrock bumper on facebook market and jumped on it. bumper fit perfectly. Could you post a picture of how you put the skid plate on. thank you for trying it out for us first
I will take a picture this evening. But since it basically Hits the part of the frame that sticks down on the JL (where the metal brace/protector of the JL plastic bumper is mounted) I just crudely cut off some aluminum angle mounted it to that brace mount point and bolted the skid to that angle. I figured it didn’t need too much strength against being pulled away.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
The JK Mopar mats sort of fit, not like a glove but they suffice, they have almost zero resale value, I wasn't going to toss them out then pay $100+ for JL specific mats, if you are going to be tracking mud into our Wrangler regularly get the JL, mine is basically a mall crawler.
Sponsored