JK to JL bumper compatibility

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey group I have a JK and the wife a JL. She wanted to put some mods on her Jeep by herself. She bought a bumper off of amazon, it is super cheaply built maybe 3/16 constructed including the winch mount. This is where I insert the “I told you so comment”

anyway I have a warn bumper that I am taking off my JK and would like to put on her Jeep instead of the crap she bought. I know the frame mounts shouldn’t be a problem, my concern is the crash bars as the JL has longer bars than the JK. Without mounting the bumper it appears I won’t be able to use the steering skid plate due to this. Has anyone ran into this?

30356537-3915-4A69-96EF-9C1B4C45A22B.jpeg

78EBE1C3-2190-4A4A-91F7-0634BFC960AA.jpeg
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i was looking at the warn bumpers for my jl and like the looks of your style. the only thing that is holding me back is the mid width (i want a full width) and the winch sits on top vs in the bumper. just wanted to know how you like the bumper and was there any issues with it as far as fitment, install, etc.

as for your question, i'm not sure, because i've been looking at bumper and some bumpers i cant cross over from jk to jl model bumpers. the only closes thing is to cross reference the #s and see if it matches.

OP
OP

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
It fits..... kinda. The 8 frame bolts fit, the skid plate is going to require some fab work and there are some brackets that attach to the crash bar things that I don’t think are going to work.

AA414FCF-8EB0-44C9-AA94-67EB810C1DF3.jpeg

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
looks good as for the bumper. it seems that the winch really blocks the grill on the jl vs the jk.
Sponsored