JK Rear bumper modified to fit a JL?

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
Anyone done this? I have an AEV rear bumper on my JK. I have a 2-door JL Rubicon on order. I would love to keep my AEV JK bumper and put it on the JL (without the tire carrier).

I know it's not going to be a direct fit. I just don't have a JL yet to measure or test fit.

anyone able to photo and measure the JL frame width for me?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZBRA

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the JL rear frame section is about 6 inches narrower than the JK. Fabbing ~3" spacers wouldn't be hard at all, except the rear body mounts were moved outboard of the frame on the JLs and will be right in the way of the brackets and spacers.

2018_JL_Frame_Dimensions-1.jpg

2232890-L.jpg

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Probably not worth the effort. I am in the process of installing a winch on the JK Hardrock front bumper this weekend. I am halfway done and can tell you its not worth it. I paid $70 for this bumper. It took a little work to get the bumper to fit and then a little more to get the LED fogs to fit. The winch though is making me wish i stepped up and bought the JL steel bumper.

OP
OP
ZBRA

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably not worth the effort. I am in the process of installing a winch on the JK Hardrock front bumper this weekend. I am halfway done and can tell you its not worth it. I paid $70 for this bumper. It took a little work to get the bumper to fit and then a little more to get the LED fogs to fit. The winch though is making me wish i stepped up and bought the JL steel bumper.
I think you are right. And that's a front bumper you're working on. The rear one would be MUCH more difficult to make fit.
Sponsored