JK LED Lights on JL?

JLRUBI19

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
My bro in law and I recently sold our JK’s and purchased new 2019 JL’s, we both did not get the LED package. Bro in law kept his JW speaker lights from his JK and I might be able buy a used a set of Factory Mopar LED headlights for a pretty cheap price. Both the JW speaker and of course the Mopar LED utilize the factory H13 headlight plug. I know there is an adapter that we will have to buy allow us to utilize any 7 inch headlight but the kits I’ve seen utilize a harness that uses the JL plug and H4 plug, the problem is both out the headlights we plan to use do not have the H4 plug. I’m thinking of just buying an additional H13 harness/plug cut off the H4 end and replace it with the H13. Worse case scenario is he sells the ones he has and we wait for a used set of factory Mopar JL headlights or wait for JW to come out with a 9 inch headlight.

My questions are has anyone utilized a Mopar LED or JW Speaker headlight on there JL?

Doesn’t anyone know what the name of the plug is for the JL Headlights?

And did you have any issues when you installed the lights.

4CAEF511-55ED-42FE-9CEE-371E6F9A708A.jpeg

CD2579B1-6847-4171-9CF3-4B5CC4C5CC2C.png

29890878-1C23-4E3F-B6BE-F5F7CD47C08B.png

2D375118-669C-47B3-AE4F-4368FD7D444B.jpeg

D23A5C80-36A7-48C3-92A1-46BE7F6E4DD9.jpeg
Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@JLRUBI19 I haven't install JW Speakers, but I did install Pro Comp headlights, and I did end up using two adapters (I was late, and I didn't think to splice them into one!)
They went like this:
JL -> H4 (one adapter) - H4 -> H13 (second adapter) - LED Headlights

I haven't had any issues with the LED's and flickering etc

With the adapter, similar to the one that you listed, I did have to use longer bolts, and a spacer. The one I went with was this one, as it also includes rubber rings to help fill the gap between the LED and the JL.
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KJZNM7P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Spacer and longer bolt:
IMG_1340.jpeg

Light installed, grill insert sprayed black
IMG_1342.jpeg

Note: the fit still isn't perfect, but I had the lights from my JKU, and the adapters were only $60, so it will work well until more 9" lights come out. I think with some more time on spacers, I could have gotten the rubber rings tighter up to the body.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Looks good^^ are those spacers about a 1/2" and does it still support the light well. I was thinking about doing that w/ mine but worried that it may not be as supportive.

And FWIW, I too have that setup~

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@blnewt Yes, the lights are still supported, the spacers are about 1/2", they are plastic/nylon and fairly thick walled (they came from various flat screen TV mounting kit left overs). I tightened them as much as I dare, one of them did start to crush a little, however, I am happy with how secure they are, the frame mounts seem to be pretty good.
I know that others have used stacks of washers, which will have the same effect, and not crush. The bolts that I used are metric thread, maybe an M6??, so I would suggest looking for metric washers, rather than SAE/imperial, it will likely give a better fit, putting a spring washer in there as well may not be a bad idea! I would suggest using something that allows you to get a consistent thickness, as you need to do 6 of them.

OP
OP
JLRUBI19

JLRUBI19

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
@JLRUBI19 I haven't install JW Speakers, but I did install Pro Comp headlights, and I did end up using two adapters (I was late, and I didn't think to splice them into one!)
They went like this:

I haven't had any issues with the LED's and flickering etc

With the adapter, similar to the one that you listed, I did have to use longer bolts, and a spacer. The one I went with was this one, as it also includes rubber rings to help fill the gap between the LED and the JL.
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KJZNM7P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Spacer and longer bolt:
IMG_1340.jpeg

Light installed, grill insert sprayed black
IMG_1342.jpeg

Note: the fit still isn't perfect, but I had the lights from my JKU, and the adapters were only $60, so it will work well until more 9" lights come out. I think with some more time on spacers, I could have gotten the rubber rings tighter up to the body.
Awesome thanks for the response, I also ordered the two harness not sure if I want to just connect to the two harness or splice into them just glad to hear that someone has already successfully done this mod.
Sponsored