First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yep
It came off a 2017 Rubicon
Did you have to make the whole bigger on the JL frame ? DV 8 off road said their JK bumpers will work on the JL but you have to make the hole just a little bigger on the frame on the JL and i dont want to have to do that

OP
OP
jericbarg

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
Did you have to make the whole bigger on the JL frame ? DV 8 off road said their JK bumpers will work on the JL but you have to make the hole just a little bigger on the frame on the JL and i dont want to have to do that
Nope, it bolted right up with no mods.

A few people have had to enlarge the mounting holes very slightly, not a big deal

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes thats what i meant. Being the bumpers were made for the JK does it look OK around the body and fenders like it still looks like it was made for the JL ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jericbarg

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
Yes it looks very good on the JL. It is a great low cost setup.
There is probably 8 JL's in our group that have this bumper, it looks fine.

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Yes it looks very good on the JL. It is a great low cost setup.
There is probably 8 JL's in our group that have this bumper, it looks fine.
Have you had it on for over a year now? Almost two years coming up. How has it held up? Have you used the winch at all? My only concern would be if the bumper is too lightweight and the winch would like fall out. Not too too sure how it all works but my biggest concern is safety if I ever got stuck. Thanks!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Have you had it on for over a year now? Almost two years coming up. How has it held up? Have you used the winch at all? My only concern would be if the bumper is too lightweight and the winch would like fall out. Not too too sure how it all works but my biggest concern is safety if I ever got stuck. Thanks!
if you're talking about the factory bumper in the winds no it can't just fall out LOL. There's a winch plate behind the bumper that you buy and it keeps and holds the winch in place. I just really like the factory bumper the steal one where you take off the the end caps it's clean looking as far as I'm concerned that's why I went with them

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
if you're talking about the factory bumper in the winds no it can't just fall out LOL. There's a winch plate behind the bumper that you buy and it keeps and holds the winch in place. I just really like the factory bumper the steal one where you take off the the end caps it's clean looking as far as I'm concerned that's why I went with them
I was trying to check with the OP how his bumper held up. But I know it won’t just fall off haha. I didn’t know if the winch bolts to the frame or the bumper and if it was the bumper I was afraid of using a cheap eBay bumper with lighter metal. I would be afraid of getting stuck, having to use the winch, and the bumper getting pulled off/winch pulled off since it’s light. But if the winch has its own frame that bolts to the frame then the bumper wouldn’t matter and my concerns are all gone (unless using D rings to get pulled out from the bumper, but I guess I’d use the frame or obviously my winch)... would you happen to know?
Sponsored