stuckinohio

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Oh, I know what you mean, trust me. No offense taken cause I thought the same thing with the wrinkly butt on the bikini and a few other things, but I can overlook it for now. :)

View attachment 76314

20180810_094754.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR (Awaiting Delivery - Order Date 7/20/18), Billet Silver, 3.6 V6, 8 spd. Auto, Sky One-Touch Power Roof, Leather Interior, Color Fender Flares, Remote Proximity Keyless, Steel Bumper, Safety Group, Infotainment, LED Group. Trailer Tow
Occupation
Retired Lawyer
I am with you 100% on the failure of FCA to use two symmetrical red tow hooks.However, one of the forum members saw a JLU on the road with matching tow hooks on the rear of the vehicle. This got a discussion going and the fix was as simple as ordering the parts for the second missing tow hook:

68411131AA Tow hook

6507649AA Bolts (needs 4 of these)

Place to order: Allmoparparts.com .

one-on-ones+with+employees+make+managing+easy+jpeg.png

Sling_Shot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS and 2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Executive Chef
Until aftermarket catches up, gotta do what ya can to go topless and stay dry. I would love to have a bikini that fit better, but I want to use it now. Only 2 months left up here in the north and I do not see anything from aftermarket, kinda sad. I'll deal with some saggy top for now.

Looks GREAT Lewis!!!! Topless and no doors is best!!

jchagnon

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
I just wanted to add to the post because I've got a few mods that will make the BestTop JK bikini top fit a bit better. The first difference is I was able to get the velcro strap to line up okay around the grab handle. It just has to be shifted back so the front of the strap goes through the center of the grab handle. You can wrap the next set of straps around the center door pillar exactly how it's done on the JK. Same goes for the next strap that attaches to the drip rail directly behind the rear door.

I also extended the straps that go above your head in the center of the bikini top with the same 1" nylon black strap that can be bought at any craft store(it looks factory this way. I attached the factory clips to these extended straps and they clip to freedom top mounts nicely.

And lastly, to attach the top to the back of the roll bar, just use some more of the 1" strap and attach it to the bottom screw holding the rear roll bar panel on. Hopefully the pictures I've uploaded will give everyone a good idea of how to get this done. I used approximately 3 yards of additional black strap to extend the 3 areas.

Also of note, the front bolts for the header panel are 1/4 x 20. I used a 1.5" length black bolt so it looks a little more factory.

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG
Just wanted to add, this worked out great, one addition is i found these online: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5D52PK9344

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Seems like you guys would get some flapping on the sound bar? Don’t see any straps.

I used to use a cut up pool floaty to jam between the sound bar and the bikini top on my JK.

Now to see if I can find that old top laying around somewhere..
Sponsored