First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I hate to bitch too much because I love my Jeep, and the problem is not THAT big a deal, but it’s driving me up the wall. There’s a constant jingling noise, like change in your pocket or two zippers clanging together that my Jeep makes when it goes over the slightest bump. I think it’s coming from either the b pillar, door jam, or under the driver’s seat, but acoustics being what they are who knows. I took literally EVERYTHING out of it and drove around to see if it was some of my crap, and nope. I’ve poked around under the seat, taken the driver’s door off and shaken it, removed some of the b-pillar trim and checked, tightened all of the bolts holding on the grab handles, everything I can think of, haven’t found or fixed it. I could take it in, but you know how that goes. Anyone had the same issue?? 2021 4xe Rubicon if it matters.

I made a quick YouTube video, it’s the metallic sound you can hear throughout.
Sponsored

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Have someone else drive while you track down the location. I had to do that once and I found the issue quickly once I got the exact location.

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

I agree, have someone else drive while you try to track it down. I've also had a similar experience with suspension, and found that I could have my wife press or rest her weight on my front bumper while I was underneath poking around to replicate my specific issue. Might not work for you, but worth a shot as you're trying to diagnose. Best of luck.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I hate to bitch too much because I love my Jeep, and the problem is not THAT big a deal, but it’s driving me up the wall. There’s a constant jingling noise, like change in your pocket or two zippers clanging together that my Jeep makes when it goes over the slightest bump. I think it’s coming from either the b pillar, door jam, or under the driver’s seat, but acoustics being what they are who knows. I took literally EVERYTHING out of it and drove around to see if it was some of my crap, and nope. I’ve poked around under the seat, taken the driver’s door off and shaken it, removed some of the b-pillar trim and checked, tightened all of the bolts holding on the grab handles, everything I can think of, haven’t found or fixed it. I could take it in, but you know how that goes. Anyone had the same issue?? 2021 4xe Rubicon if it matters.

I made a quick YouTube video, it’s the metallic sound you can hear throughout.
That’d drive me crazy.

Have you tried bouncing the suspension to see if it might be outside?

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I found it. I’m an a-hole. I never torqued down the driver’s side forward hardtop bolt when I put the hardtop on. Torqued it down and fixed it and cured my only complaint about my Jeep.
Sponsored